Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the season Rankings
Heading into Districts, if I had to seed our teams here in the 14th, this is where I would put them.

1. Central
2. Knott
3. Letcher
4. Breathitt
5. Cordia
6. Wolfe
7. Powell
8. Estill
9. Buckhorn
10. Hazard

2 of these teams will not make the Regional Tourney, but it should be a great one. If I had to pick, would say Hazard and Cordia will be on the outside looking in. Letcher and Buckhorn gets the big wins in the District matchups. :Cheerlead
Excellent rankings - I couldn't make a strong argument that any of them should be changed ----I would go on to say that I think teams 2-8 in the rankings are almost even and any of those teams can beat another without it being a big upset or even a big surprise - PCC is ahead by a few points, unless the Judge dings the transfers Monday and if that happens, I would put PCC at 4 or 5 , but still with a very legit shot to win the Region, along with any other team that makes the regional tournament this year.
Nice ranking... I would put Breathitt at 3. They are getting right at the right time... Led PCC at half and played Knott to the wire at Knott.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Nice ranking... I would put Breathitt at 3. They are getting right at the right time... Led PCC at half and played Knott to the wire at Knott.
Exactly why I put them 4th, but until they beat the top 3, just couldn't put them over any of them.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Heading into Districts, if I had to seed our teams here in the 14th, this is where I would put them.

1. Central
2. Knott
3. Letcher
4. Breathitt
5. Cordia
6. Wolfe
7. Powell
8. Estill
9. Buckhorn
10. Hazard

2 of these teams will not make the Regional Tourney, but it should be a great one. If I had to pick, would say Hazard and Cordia will be on the outside looking in. Letcher and Buckhorn gets the big wins in the District matchups. :Cheerlead

I don't think that Cordia should be 5th. Who have they beaten in the last 3 weeks? Jenkins and June B are their only wins in the last 3 weeks.
Plus their best player isn't even playing now. Mercado hasn't played the last few weeks and is no longer on their KHSAA roster.
I think Hazard beats Buckhorn in first round. Should be a close one though.
14th region fanman Wrote:I don't think that Cordia should be 5th. Who have they beaten in the last 3 weeks? Jenkins and June B are their only wins in the last 3 weeks.
Plus their best player isn't even playing now. Mercado hasn't played the last few weeks and is no longer on their KHSAA roster.
In my opinion, they play better without him, they beat Letcher without him earlier in the season, and I still think they have a great group of kids that can contend in the District. If they can get past Letcher, they will be a tough out in the Region. That being said, there are about 5 teams that can win the Region. A couple teams could knock someone off, but not many would be able to win the 3 games for the title. Will be a great tourney, especially if KHSAA has their way in court on Monday. :Thumbs:
Look out for hazard they could be a dangerous team
Even if the two bigs get taken out Monday I still think Perry is the best team in the region. We have the talent to go 10 deep with the bigs playing. Without them we still go deeper then most teams.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Look out for hazard they could be a dangerous team

Could I please get a Small quantity of whatever you are smoking. There is nothing about Hazard that is dangerous. They have probably the worst team in the history of their school.