Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 97 Lawrence Co 64
Wow what a dose
Dalton with 44. Blair with 58.
Thought this game would be closer
Paula Dean Wrote:Dalton with 44. Blair with 58.

Wow
Paula Dean Wrote:Dalton with 44. Blair with 58.

Wow sounds like a two man show. Both are pretty dang good obviously.
Mason Blair sets the JC single game scoring record with 58 points.

He beat the record of 56 held by Jamie McCarty.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Single game record... Check
Career scoring record... Check
Single season scoring record..... I'm not sure.

But I think it's safe to say that Mason Blair is the best scorer in JC history.
LC's youth shined through in this one. JC's defense overpowered them from the start.

Congrats to Blair on an excellent game and the single game record.

How many 3's he end up with? I'd say he had 30 points off layups!
15th region boys and girls No clear favorite in region. One could argue that Paintsville girls have the edge. With the boys, it's really hard to say. I guess it's true one game at a time.
Let me go ahead and stop anyone who talked smack last week and wants to compliment him this week...

Don't celebrate with this kid on his single game scoring record if you've been tearing him down for how much he shoots until this point. Smile
Not bad after shooting only 40 shots and 55% from the field
Impressive
Forgot to say congrats to Cole Crace for reaching the 1,000 point club last night.
[quote=Creeker]LC's youth shined through in this one. JC's defense overpowered them from the start.

Congrats to Blair on an excellent game and the single game record.

How many 3's he end up with? [COLOR="Red"]I'd say he had 30 points off layups![/[/COLOR]QUOTE]

Sounds like a great defensive game to watch. These 2 teams really got after it.
Howard Wallen holds the JC record for most points scored in a season with 854.

Mason has 661 points, counting this game.
He's only 193 points away from holding all three major school scoring records.
I've seen Lawrence twice and other than Dalton they are either really down, young or both, i don't which it may be. Anyway congrats to all three kids who had memorable nights.
Mason Blair signed with UPike this evening
Mason is having an incredible senior season at JC. He's always going to take some flack for his shot selection but he's making a heck of a lot of shots too. congrats on the records and signing with upike. Congrats to Cole Crace too as he's having an all round fantastic season filling up the stat sheet every way possible and scoring his 1,000th point in his career.
Congratulations on the points and also with signing with Pikeville!
Mister D Wrote:Mason is having an incredible senior season at JC. He's always going to take some flack for his shot selection but he's making a heck of a lot of shots too. congrats on the records and signing with upike. Congrats to Cole Crace too as he's having an all round fantastic season filling up the stat sheet every way possible and scoring his 1,000th point in his career.
Not saying this in a negative way at all, but can you imagine having the green light to put up 40 shots in a single game? I think any of us that played any organized basketball would have loved to have had that opportunity! I'd say most kids don't average more than 6-8 shot attempts a game, if that.
He will not get 40 shots at Pikeville
Good ol' thumpin
Oh yeah I definitely agree Creeker taking 40 shots in a game is well beyond just having the green light from a coaching staff. That is about as close as you can get to putting all your eggs in one basket for a game. I know as a player I would have loved to just be able to take 10-15 shots a game let alone 40. I was just making the point that he has made a lot of big shots in his career too.