Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT officiating
I am a PCC fan and they won the tournament so I don't want anybody to think I'm complaining because of a loss. I know people besides me had to of seen how one official called last nights championship game. Somebody in the stands told me his name was Conn or Kahn. I've followed basketball my whole life and never seen a worse official. Now if a referee is making bad calls both ways I can figure he's doing his best and just not good at his job,but when he makes bad call after bad call all in favor of the same team I get suspicious. I know somebody monitors the job these referees do so I'm hoping they check this guy out. Did anybody besides me notice this?
Absolutely. I said before the game even started that every call he would make would be against perry and he proved me right. He hates perry for some reason. It was obvious even to Harlan county fan that I briefly talked to after the game. If it's that noticeable to everybody then the khsaa should do something about it.
I agree he should be at least checked out. I'm glad other people noticed it because the game was not that close but in a close one those calls might have been the difference. The game should always be decided by the players and never an official
I asked,he is Conn and from the 15th region---a veteran ref. It has been said he favors the older coaches that know the game. Examples are McCoy and Rowe. Talk to other officials and they will tell you.
Dale ?
Interesting, you didn't complain about Conn when pcc was behind 19 against Knox, got every break in the book and came back and won!
I didn't get to go to that one. If he was one of the referees and went against Knox as bad as he did PCC in the championship you should be complaining. I tried to make it plain at the start I'm not posting about the games just about this official. What you're saying proves my point that bad calls can be the difference in a game and that should never happen
Mjolnir Wrote:I asked,he is Conn and from the 15th region---a veteran ref. It has been said he favors the older coaches that know the game. Examples are McCoy and Rowe. Talk to other officials and they will tell you.

He's terrible if he doesn't like who's playing he will lay it to you he's a really butt hole and that's being really nice every team complains about him he retired once and came back I've had a couple of coaches told me he did a good job before he retired but after he came back this is what you got he don't deserve to be out there calling a game
The WYMT Mountain Classic is definitely the biggest tournament in the mountains so out of this area we should be able to pick out enough good officials so this problem don't come up
Big Hammer Wrote:The WYMT Mountain Classic is definitely the biggest tournament in the mountains so out of this area we should be able to pick out enough good officials so this problem don't come up
it's more than likely the biggest in the state, does any tv station televise the whole thing like wymt? Maybe the final 4 but not the whole thing like wymt does.
hillbilly cat Wrote:it's more than likely the biggest in the state, does any tv station televise the whole thing like wymt? Maybe the final 4 but not the whole thing like wymt does.

The KOB and LIT is a lot bigger than the Wymt tournament.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:The KOB and LIT is a lot bigger than the Wymt tournament.

Hello guys state tournament is the best tourney ever
All the 15th officials are horrible, they done Knox dirty and they was terrible in the Perry girls game against North Laurel and also terrible against Knott girls. They do take care of Rowe and McCoy in the 15th especially Conn. the two 15th region refs that's from Letcher county made it obvious they were not going to let Perry girls advance.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:All the 15th officials are horrible, they done Knox dirty and they was terrible in the Perry girls game against North Laurel and also terrible against Knott girls. They do take care of Rowe and McCoy in the 15th especially Conn. the two 15th region refs that's from Letcher county made it obvious they were not going to let Perry girls advance.
I'd have to agree with this for the most part. Craziest thing I've ever seen... you may play a team home or away in the 15th and lose by 10-15 points, then turn around and play on a neutral floor with non-fiftenth region refs and it be a very close game or come out with a W. Makes you wonder for sure.
Three weeks ago I saw where 15th Region fans were complaining about the 16th Region Refs. Funny stuff
hillbilly cat Wrote:it's more than likely the biggest in the state, does any tv station televise the whole thing like wymt? Maybe the final 4 but not the whole thing like wymt does.

Not that I know of.

Unless there is one in Western Kentucky.

I'd say the eyeballs on the WYMT through television and livestream make it the most watched in the state. It's well-attended too.

As far as "biggest" that's according to how you define big. The WYMT Classic limits participation to schools in the scholarship program so it's always going to be limited to Eastern Kentucky.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:The KOB and LIT is a lot bigger than the Wymt tournament.

Agreed. Way more bigger. Not even close. The KOB has a stronger field every year than the state tournament at Rupp.
I think only someone who doesn't know the rules would post this. I am sure they need officials everyday to call. Call the KHSAA, take your test pay your dues and enjoy calling. I'm sure it will be a different story when your butt is on the floor!!!!!!!
They can gripe but you won't see them on the floor because they can't handle the pressure. An official does not care who wins a game "Believe it or Not"
Go ahead and ask other officials. He doesn't favor anyone coach or player! I don't think officials from this region talk about other officials. Thank you!
Funny He's rated no. 1 by coaches. I think your sources are unreliable. or maybe uninformed. You can referee if you would like and see how good you might be. Probably don't have the guts. ha-ha. Everyone in the stands can complain and gripe but you will never see them on the floor. Something to think about. What's the old saying "Try it and you might get another view point, especially about reffing a game. It's not as easy as You might think.
sideliner fan Wrote:Funny He's rated no. 1 by coaches. I think your sources are unreliable. or maybe uninformed. You can referee if you would like and see how good you might be. Probably don't have the guts. ha-ha. Everyone in the stands can complain and gripe but you will never see them on the floor. Something to think about. What's the old saying "Try it and you might get another view point, especially about reffing a game. It's not as easy as You might think.

I agree totally!!
Hahahaha did you hear me hollar
" Open your eyes ref you're missing a good game" Buh hahaha
Big Hammer Wrote:Hahahaha did you hear me hollar
" Open your eyes ref you're missing a good game" Buh hahaha

Only because he got assigned the one he's working.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Interesting, you didn't complain about Conn when pcc was behind 19 against Knox, got every break in the book and came back and won!

So the refs made Knox miss every shot they put up in the 4th? I think that is called choking. The refs didn't cause that.
dore20 Wrote:So the refs made Knox miss every shot they put up in the 4th? I think that is called choking. The refs didn't cause that.

No the refs didn't make Knox miss every shot, but the players fouling the Knox players made them miss shots. Even Perry fans were talking about how many breaks they got against Knox!