Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Miss Basketball: Maci Morris doing well
Just in case anyones curious 2015 Miss Basketball mountain girl Maci Morris is having a great start at UK. She was names to the all SEC freshman team and had 49 three pointers her freshman season. Just one off the freshman UK record. She has been getting some starting play this season too averaging over 12 points per game..Me and my wife both watch UK womens and try to keep up with mountain players..Just thought some of you might like to know..
Thanks
I've never really kept up with girls basketball since my little played. Where did Morris play her high school ball?
I also follow her some. We can all be proud she is from our area and doing well
Redneck Wrote:I've never really kept up with girls basketball since my little played. Where did Morris play her high school ball?

Bell county ay least that's were she is from..
Yes, she played at Bell County. I've got to see her play on TV some this year.

I am thrilled that she's doing so well! To be honest, I was afraid she wouldn't be able to keep up with the corn fed home girls at UK, but she certainly is!!
who care. all of the games I watch her played in the WYMT. she didn't show me nothing.
cj2561 Wrote:who care. all of the games I watch her played in the WYMT. she didn't show me nothing.

Apparently college coaches seen something in her or she wouldn't be where she's at and wouldn't have won Miss Basketball.
It's so awesome to see her being successful at such a high level!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
She represents her county and the mountains well.

She gets it natural. Her dad, Lewis Morris, was a great player for old Cumberland High and later a very solid college player. He was a 6'6 forward that could burn the nets from long range. Too bad that back in his playing days there wasn't a 3 point shot.