Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia vs Harlan County 01/04/16
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn: WYMT Mountain Classic

Harlan County 15-0
Cordia 3/4
I think the Lions will take this one. 64-60.
Part of me wants to say Harlan wins easily, because Cordia is just poorly coached or can't play together. But the way Harlan has played the last couple games, I'm not sold on them at all. It would help Harlan a lot if they can make a deep run in this tournament, so they can play some quality teams. I'm afraid their weak schedule will catch up to them.
Cordia poorly coached.....Hahahahaha. Id like to see you coach them boys since you got all the answers callmecrazy33. You would be lucky to last one hour of practice.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Part of me wants to say Harlan wins easily, because Cordia is just poorly coached or can't play together. But the way Harlan has played the last couple games, I'm not sold on them at all. It would help Harlan a lot if they can make a deep run in this tournament, so they can play some quality teams. I'm afraid their weak schedule will catch up to them.

I've had to miss most of the games so far, so I can't say that I've even seen Cordia play. But to say that Harlan County has played a weak schedule is just wrong. They have wins over Hazard, East Jessamine, Clay County, Tates Creek and John Hardin....just to name a few.
[Image:

]

Bearz by 15

#nocigarforlottscreek More mash taters please!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I've had to miss most of the games so far, so I can't say that I've even seen Cordia play. But to say that Harlan County has played a weak schedule is just wrong. They have wins over Hazard, East Jessamine, Clay County, Tates Creek and John Hardin....just to name a few.

Of those you just mentioned, JH is ok, but not what I would call a quality win. They've won the games on their schedule and nobody's knocking that. But to try to say their schedule isn't a lot weaker than the other top 3-4 teams in the region is crazy.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Cordia poorly coached.....Hahahahaha. Id like to see you coach them boys since you got all the answers callmecrazy33. You would be lucky to last one hour of practice.

Are you saying the kids are un-coachable?
Don't know about un-coachable but may be missing a little discipline. I don't think they are poorly coached. You got to consider who their coach used to be and what he had to do to get them to perform to their top level. Maybe the Coach now isn't willing to do what the old coach done to get that out of them because the new coach may not be able to get away with the same things the old coach done. I doubt the new coach is going to make any kids walk home after an away game.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Don't know about un-coachable but may be missing a little discipline. I don't think they are poorly coached. You got to consider who their coach used to be and what he had to do to get them to perform to their top level. Maybe the Coach now isn't willing to do what the old coach done to get that out of them because the new coach may not be able to get away with the same things the old coach done. I doubt the new coach is going to make any kids walk home after an away game.

I definitely wouldn't be the person for that job then. If they require that much discipline, I wouldn't have them on the team to begin with. I'm not much on the win at all cost style.
Granny Bear Wrote:I've had to miss most of the games so far, so I can't say that I've even seen Cordia play. But to say that Harlan County has played a weak schedule is just wrong. They have wins over Hazard, East Jessamine, Clay County, Tates Creek and John Hardin....just to name a few.

Tates Creek is 3-11 and terrible , East Jessamine is 5-11 and not very good, Hazard and Clay both are in down years. John Hardin is 7-5 against a so-so schedule. Harlan Co is 15-0 but the schedule so far is not very strong. Will help a lot to win the WYMT this week though and games against Corbin , and Knox Central coming up on the schedule should tell just how strong Harlan Co is.
Harlan County has wins over 5th region contenders John Hardin and Taylor Co. ( both top 3 or 4 in that region). Also with wins over Perry County Central and Letcher County Central (I think 1 and 3 in the 14th). They also beat a very good North Oldham team that's probably underrated. Their schedule isn't void of good teams. And, don't forget this is the SAME exact team that beat South Laurel team with Caleb Taylor and Andrew Griffith less than a year ago on a neutral floor. Don't underestimate the Bears! 15-0 is impressive any way you look at it.