Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region
who else thinks refs in the 16th region is ignorant and have no business with a reffing license?
how does a kid get ejected for asking the ref to watch someone holding him and pulling his jersey every play?
I watched the allen central and greenup county game tonight and it was a 2 point game until 4 straight technicals were called. One resulting in the ejection of Ethan Smith-Mills of allen central. The reason of ejection was because he asked a ref as they were reporting a foul if he could watch greenup players pulling on jerseys. Then coach Brad short recovered a technical because he asked the refs for an explanation for the ejection AND THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ONE. Also allen central fouled out around 3-4 players against greenups 2. It was really only 1 ref that was terrible. Not sure of his name but he has real slicked back hair. He has no business Reffing anymore basketball games if that's how he is reacts in a close game.
AllMountainSports Wrote:I watched the allen central and greenup county game tonight and it was a 2 point game until 4 straight technicals were called. One resulting in the ejection of Ethan Smith-Mills of allen central. The reason of ejection was because he asked a ref as they were reporting a foul if he could watch greenup players pulling on jerseys. Then coach Brad short recovered a technical because he asked the refs for an explanation for the ejection AND THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ONE. Also allen central fouled out around 3-4 players against greenups 2. It was really only 1 ref that was terrible. Not sure of his name but he has real slicked back hair. He has no business Reffing anymore basketball games if that's how he is reacts in a close game.
I agree some refs don't have any business on the court
Take a 100 question test... all questions are True/False or Multiple choice. 70% is passing.
Pay for licensing fee.
Pass a background check.
Take the online rules clinic.

Once you pass the initial test, no matter what year you took your first test... you don't have to take another one again, unless you want to referee post-season events.

In theory, somebody come be licensed for 25 years and only take their initial test.

I agree, the KHSAA has a Referee problem.
Some refs are State Championship level... some are good and just enjoy being around the sport and some are just terrible. Coaches and players work all year for their season and get refs who don't train or study to match the level of competition they are officiating.

Refs do need to be graded randomly throughout the year.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
big dawg, small yard Wrote:how does a kid get ejected for asking the ref to watch someone holding him and pulling his jersey every play?

Had to be more to it than just this
kids03 Wrote:Had to be more to it than just this

Nope nothing more that's was it 100% and they gave the Allen central coach a technicial when he ask for an explaniantion
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Nope nothing more that's was it 100% and they gave the Allen central coach a technicial when he ask for an explaniantion

It seems questionable but there is ALWAYS 3 sides to every story: The plaintiff, the defendant, and the story somewhere in the middle. At what point in the game did the ejection take place? Was there a vocal fan base present for both sides?
Did both the Allen Central boys and girls coaches get ejected during games in the 16th?
Too many post-Christmas tournaments in the same region causes a lot of poor officiating. I'm sure the AIT got most of the upper tier officials in the 16th and the Greenup/AC game probably didn't get a very good crew at all. Having said that, as I watched the games at Belfry this week, I thought the out of region teams got screwed a few times. A phantom call cost Fleming County a possible win and Letcher Central got hosed at the end as well. Out of region teams don't get many breaks and maybe that's how it is suppose to work.
kids03 Wrote:Did both the Allen Central boys and girls coaches get ejected during games in the 16th?

Girls didn't play in the 16th and it's coach neve got ejected
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Girls didn't play in the 16th and it's coach neve got ejected

Schedule says the girls played Fairview Away which is a 16th Region team.
I was told the boys and girls both had rough days with Refs while playing a game over there so I was just curious.
kids03 Wrote:Schedule says the girls played Fairview Away which is a 16th Region team.
I was told the boys and girls both had rough days with Refs while playing a game over there so I was just curious.

They may have played somewhere else then we played at greenup co. So they may have played down there at Fairview or another school in the 16th
its not just basketball .. baseball , and football officials are also pretty bad. A lot of the older guys have retired except kouns and lord knows he needs to , and their replacements are bad real bad