Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LakeCumberland Hoilday Tournament
Does anyone have a schedule of the games they could post? On the
KHSAA website TBA is playing 9 games in 3 days. I hope they are in shape.

h
dec 27th games are SW VS J TOWN AT 6:45 AT SW
WAYNE CO VS CASEY CO AT 8:30 AT SW

AT SOMERSET SOMERSET VS SPRING HILL TN AT 6
AT PULASKI CO PC VS UPPERMAN TN AT 8

ONLY 8 TEAMS THIS YEAR YEARS PAST BEEN 16 I THINK
What happened this year? This tournament was starting to develop in to one of the nicer ones in the state around this time. Seems like a big downgrade to me.
Thanks for the info.

I don't mind 8 teams, but with 8 teams, the games could have been played at one gym.
I don't mind 8 teams either but let's get fern creek or trinity or bowling green down here not j town (which can't play dead in a western), Casey co Wayne co( two we play all the time. Only thing I can think of is with the two schools having coaching changes not a lot was done to get teams here this year.
They added 8 girls teams this year for the first time. Plan is to go to 16 for each if it goes well or keep girls at 8. Next year boys will be back to 16 again and the girls tournament will start to grow as well.
If I'm not mistaken, http://www.lcholidayhoops.com is the website. Last I checked, the heading said 2014 but the schedule with game locations are correct.

Instead of 16 boys teams, they split 8 boys teams and 8 girls teams. Looks like all teams are guaranteed 2 games with a winner bracket and a consolation bracket.

I know in the boys bracket advancing for tonight will be Somerset vs Pulaski and Southwestern vs. Wayne Co (each team winning their respective games)

I'll try to update girls scores. Right now I only know that Somerset lost to Louisville Eastern.
I'm with playmaker. If it's going to be 8, then let's get some top teams that are away from here, and not have a 47th and 48th glorified district tournament. I hope this tournament starts trending upward again next year.
At the luncheon held last week, the 3 local ADs talked about next year's tournament going to 24 teams(16 boys teams and 8 girls teams). From the sounds of it, the tournament is taking a big jump.