Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Harlan
anybody been told or heard anything official
Was just told another coach threw his name in the hat today that would probably surprise some
well give us some hints or whatever who it was
Anymore updates?
Anybody been told or heard anything
Anybody been told or heard anything
I've heard the administration went all in on Jon Reynolds. He turned them down and now they're scrambling. I've also heard from a reliable source that another former county junior high coach may be on their radar.
Who can that be joker
John Reynolds was never on the radar
Joker's Wild Wrote:I've heard the administration went all in on Jon Reynolds. He turned them down and now they're scrambling. I've also heard from a reliable source that another former county junior high coach may be on their radar.

Sure hire a middle school coach. Kentucky is turning into such a joke hiring all these middle school coaches to be varsity head coaches.
No former county middle school coach is on the radar. Where do u guys get this kinda info lol
RPO Wrote:

Sure hire a middle school coach. Kentucky is turning into such a joke hiring all these middle school coaches to be varsity head coaches.

Because obviously no middle school coach has what it takes to coach varsity. Most middle school coaches I know have as much or more varsity experience than middle school experience. Harlan High School isn't exactly a hot job for proven varsity coaches. What would I personally do? Go all in for New Harlan's middle school coach with hopes some of the talent from the state championship team would follow. I doubt he'd even take it of offered because Harlan is not Harlan County. Know your role Harlan High School.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Because obviously no middle school coach has what it takes to coach varsity. Most middle school coaches I know have as much or more varsity experience than middle school experience. Harlan High School isn't exactly a hot job for proven varsity coaches. What would I personally do? Go all in for New Harlan's middle school coach with hopes some of the talent from the state championship team would follow. I doubt he'd even take it of offered because Harlan is not Harlan County. Know your role Harlan High School.

Big difference Between tiny Tike middle school Football and Varsity ball most ms coaches cant handle Big boy ball
Wrangler Wrote:Big difference Between tiny Tike middle school Football and Varsity ball most ms coaches cant handle Big boy ball

There's not much difference being a coach at an elite middle school and a coach a a lower tier high school in my opinion. The middle school coaches at Belfry, Corbin, New Harlan, Johnson County, etc. would all coach circles around some of the names I've seen circulating for some of the lower tier jobs like Harlan. I know what guys like that put into their programs. Most of those have never tried "big boy ball" for you to know what they are or are not capable of. Some of the names I've seen who have coached "big boy ball" have tried and failed at various different locations. I don't see a problem giving a middle school coach a chance at some of these schools. Your mindset will set your school up for failure more times than not, specifically at schools like Harlan.
still nothing interview being conducted today from what I am being told
Need to get some one in place.
Wildcat18 Wrote:[B]Because obviously no middle school coach has what it takes to coach varsity[/B].
Actually most don't. Not their fault, they just understand how much more time it takes. Name a former middle school HC, now varsity HC that has has success. Because we can name the ones that have not.

Most middle school coaches I know have as much or more varsity experience than middle school experience. Harlan High School isn't exactly a hot job for proven varsity coaches. What would I personally do? Go all in for New Harlan's middle school coach with hopes some of the talent from the state championship team would follow. I doubt he'd even take it of offered because Harlan is not Harlan County. Know your role Harlan High School.

Harlan High can get a good high school coach, they don't have to give it to a youth coach.
Wildcat18 Wrote:There's not much difference being a coach at an elite middle school and a coach a a lower tier high school in my opinion. The middle school coaches at Belfry, Corbin, New Harlan, Johnson County, etc. would all coach circles around some of the names I've seen circulating for some of the lower tier jobs like Harlan. I know what guys like that put into their programs. Most of those have never tried "big boy ball" for you to know what they are or are not capable of. Some of the names I've seen who have coached "big boy ball" have tried and failed at various different locations. I don't see a problem giving a middle school coach a chance at some of these schools. Your mindset will set your school up for failure more times than not, specifically at schools like Harlan.

There is a huge difference :gtfo: if you don't think so . middle school coaches are high school wanna be's
Scotty Russell's job to accept or turn down
Heard or been told anything
Anybody told or heard anything official
announcement today introducing the new football coach
Who is it going to be? Who all interviewed?
big shocker to everybody who new coach going be
Not a shocker. Just what most thought the last couple of weeks.
Yeah has it been named yet HCS
yes
Well are you guys ashamed of the choice or is someone going to post it?
I'm not sure what the big secret is, John Luttrel is the new coach at Harlan.