Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controversial Basketball Game Is Now Over Allen Central 95 - David School 41
Just heard the game is over and AC won. Any one have any details?
Just glad its over with now.
Final score was 95-41 AC.
Final. Just thought I would go ahead and post it. Like I already said, Im glad its all over with, one and done. Congrats AC.
Congrats AC
Congrats AC
Was there a crowd?
Was there a crowd?
Just the parents, coaches, players, and faculty, and the refs of course. Thats all.
Congrats to AC!!

Sad that the the fans couldn't have attended due to all the hoopla created by certain individuals. Of course on a positive note, they did play and the game wouldn't have been very entertaining anyway! lol
Congrats to AC.
Congrats AC
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was there a crowd?
No one but ballplayers,coaches,and ballplayers parents were allowed in.
Talked to a friend of mine just know whos brother talked to one of the AC assistants and they said that Ned Pillersdorf was no where to be seen. If this is true, then it proves how much of a coward and a few other choice words I better not say on here. And not to mention a liar for the 1,000th time.
-STAT- Wrote:Talked to a friend of mine just know whos brother talked to one of the AC assistants and they said that Ned Pillersdorf was no where to be seen. If this is true, then it proves how much of a coward and a few other choice words I better not say on here. And not to mention a liar for the 1,000th time.

Yepp, this is true, just talked to one of AC's players and he said Pillersdorf wasnt in attendance for this game. Pathetic.
who coached the david school tonight if pillarsdorf didn't
I figured ol' Pillersdorf would not show up for this game. Just the kind of cowardice one would expect. I bet if Johnny Martin was in this situation, he'd show up for his boys. Any good coach would be there for his team, no matter what the view on your head is. You know when you actually believe in something that is right and really want to stand up for it, then you are willing to fight against it in all circumstances no matter what. But when you are fighting a battle you don't really care about, except for the fame and money it brings to you then you can coward out of it very easily because it means nothing. I would have liked to see David when this game while he wasn't there.. haha.. that would have been great for those boys.

Nonetheless, congrats AC. Keep up the good work! I'm glad this saga is all over for you guys. Go win district!
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/5685876.html

this is the main story on wymtnews.com and they interviewed a few player and made the whole situation sound even more retarded.
Pacman Wrote:I figured ol' Pillersdorf would not show up for this game. Just the kind of cowardice one would expect. I bet if Johnny Martin was in this situation, he'd show up for his boys. Any good coach would be there for his team, no matter what the view on your head is. You know when you actually believe in something that is right and really want to stand up for it, then you are willing to fight against it in all circumstances no matter what. But when you are fighting a battle you don't really care about, except for the fame and money it brings to you then you can coward out of it very easily because it means nothing.

Good post. :thumpsup:

For the record, Janet Stumbo "coached" the team last night. She also told WSAZ-TV that the taunting did occur last year no matter what people say. Then, WSAZ showed the statement made by the David School that spilled the beans and revealed the truth about the situation.

I'm glad this is over...Let's talk about something else, jezz.
If that pathetic piece of coward-**** Pillersdork was there, ...#1, it wouldnt have been as close at it was, and #2, there would have been a crowd waiting for him after the game, outside the gym...hopefully all the trouble he has caused, and him not even showing up at the game will make ESPN magazine..so the whole nation can see just how much of a weak lying ***** he is.
He may have stayed away knowing that his presence would stoke any comments to made. Without him there it would be like complaining about Rick Pitino, no one cares.
A controversial basketball game between two Floyd County schools, that very few people got to see is now in the past.

WYMT's Jenna Emenhiser was at a game between Allen Central and the David School and she couldn't even go inside.

if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write(''); Media, fans, and even extended family members were banned from Thursday nights game and school officials say it was for the safety of the students.

Some people WYMT talked to say these kids just want to play basketball and get over the Rebel Flag controversy

It's a controversy that stems from the Rebel Flag, the Allen Central logo, and a David School coach who voiced concerns over the flag's historic meaning.

"We've had a lot of talks about it the importance of standing up for their teammates and for keeping in mind the history of the whole issue," Janet Stumbo said.

But even some players on the David School team say they don't have a problem with the flag, and they just want to play ball.

"Everybody's talking about the Allen Central game, none of the players care nobody even, our black player he didn't care, we're just wanting to play the game," Player Nathan Robinson said.

School administrators banned all media and fans that were not directly related to players.

Jason Redman says his cousin plays for Allen Central and he was turned away.

"I left work early to watch him play and their not gonna let anyone in except for two members of the family," Jason Redman said.

Redman says his cousin asked him to be at the game but now he plans to listen to it on the radio.

"We support them and we'll be here for them, no matter if we get to watch the game or not," Redman said.

Allen Central won the game with a final score of 95 to 41and the parents and coaches WYMT talked to say both teams showed good sportsmanship and there were no problems.

Now they say they hope to move past all the controversy.

***NOTE-This post and these type posts must give credit to the proper source.
COPYRIGHT @2007 Gray Television Group****
(copyright infringement)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Already a thread.