Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region preview
I Don't think Matt Thomas has ever played for the high school team. I think the last time he played was in Babe Ruth which means he hasn't played since he was 15. It's not as easy as some might think to not play for 3 years and then be able to help the high school team. You lose alot when you don't play.
yes it would be hard to try and play after taking that long of a time off but someone like matt wouldnt have that much trouble with it and from what ive heard he was a beast in little leage
I think Greenup should be right with boyd they are a good ball club.
they are good but i wouldnt put em with boyd yet its still very early
I think Boyd is ranked #8 in the Cantrell rating statewide. The only other team from Maysville to Somerset to Middlesboro to Pikeville ranked in the top 25 is South Laurel.
i still cant belive boyd got beat by johnson central
If i were boyd co, id be watching out for the rest of the pack in the 16th region. Boyd did not look very solid in some of the games this week in florida, while ashland, greenup, and raceland played extremely well. Raceland had a couple good games, but i didnt get to watch them play too much. It's too early to tell though, several teams did not play to their potential and ability level and will definetly turn things around in the coming weeks. But based on what ive seen thus far, I think it will come down to Boyd and Greenup. They both play solid defense, Hinemen vs. Moore. Wow theres a great pitching matchup and i will be there to see that game...if it happens.