Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 64 Letcher Co Central 42
Final.

JV score, HC 28 LCC26

I love my Black Bears!!! The last quarter of this game was phenomenal and I really enjoyed it.

However, we must do something to increase the energy level at the beginning of the game. I'm not used to seeing the team play like this!!
Congrats Black Bears!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Nice win Harlan County :Cheerlead
Thought to see more from LCC.
Either Harlan Co. is loaded or LCC isn't as good as advertised.
Hilltopper Wrote:Either Harlan Co. is loaded or LCC isn't as good as advertised.

A little of both, but HC is loaded.:truestory:
Early season game..both will improve. Closer game than the score indicated.
impressive score. maybe the bears will challenge the Panthers after all...
This game was just too weird!!

Score was tied at halftime......at 16!!!!
UKisN1 Wrote:Early season game..both will improve. Closer game than the score indicated.

It was a two-point game going into the fourth quarter. Letcher could still be the third best team in the 14th, and I think they have a chance with the region down a little overall.
But they can't depend so much on Carter. No one else shot, it seemed, at times in the game.
HCHS had four in double figures, which is a good sign for them.
harlan co had three in double figures
Good win for the Black Bears!
HCS Wrote:It was a two-point game going into the fourth quarter. Letcher could still be the third best team in the 14th, and I think they have a chance with the region down a little overall.
But they can't depend so much on Carter. No one else shot, it seemed, at times in the game.
HCHS had four in double figures, which is a good sign for them.

Carter must be #1. He is a very impressive player to me. Great work ethic, great athlete and great attitude.
ky playmaker Wrote:harlan co had three in double figures

I was counting Turner, thinking he got there too. Coaches will take 9 points and 13 rebounds from him every night though.
Granny Bear Wrote:Carter must be #1. He is a very impressive player to me. Great work ethic, great athlete and great attitude.

He's been the top player in the 14th the last two years, averaging over 26 a game last year.
Anyone know if Caudill from LCC got a good amount of playing time? I expected more from him....but I'm sure it's the playing time not the player
HCS Wrote:I was counting Turner, thinking he got there too. Coaches will take 9 points and 13 rebounds from him every night though.
thats a nice nite
He got 7 of those points in the first couple of minutes of the game. LOL

His were the first 7 points of our score and included one 3 pointer.

He is a very strong player. I can say that he and Carmical compliment each other with their different types of play and both give so much of themselves.
Megget Wrote:Anyone know if Caudill from LCC got a good amount of playing time? I expected more from him....but I'm sure it's the playing time not the player

I don't know which one he is. Do you have his number?
Megget Wrote:Anyone know if Caudill from LCC got a good amount of playing time? I expected more from him....but I'm sure it's the playing time not the player

It didn't seem like Letcher subbed a lot. They did get into some foul issues in the post.

LETCHER CENTRAL (0-1)

Austin Banks 2-8 0-0 4, Austin Caudill 3-7 2-2 10, Gregory Kincer 0-0 0-1 0, Torell Carter 8-24 6-7 23, Elijah Raglin 2-4 0-0 4, Caleb Stidham 0-2 0-0 0, Tyler Boggs 0-1 1-2 1, Tyler Stacy 0-1 0-0 0. Totals: 15-47 9-12 42.

HARLAN COUNTY (1-0)

Cameron Carmical 2-9 11-12 15, Treyce Spurlock 7-12 5-6 20, Drew Nolan 2-6 0-0 4, Tyrese Simmons 7-13 0-2 15, David Turner 3-8 2-2 9, Andrew Creech 0-2 1-3 1, Alex Pace 0-1 0-0 0, Jared Sizemore 0-0 0-0 0. Totals 21-51 19-25 64.

Letcher Central 12 9 11 10 — 42

Harlan County 14 9 11 30 — 64

3-point goals: Letcher Central 3-16 (Caudill 2-2, Carter 1-7, Stidham 0-1, Banks 0-6), Harlan County 3-16 (Spurlock 1-2, Turner 1-3, Simmons 1-4, Pace 0-1, Nolan 0-2, Carmical 0-4). Rebounds: Harlan County 41 (Turner 13, Simmons 10, Spurlock 9, Carmical 4, Nolan 3, Creech 2), Letcher Central 21 (). Turnovers: Letcher Central 10, Harlan County 8. Assists: Harlan County 12 (Carmical 8, Nolan 2, Spurlock 1, Simmons 1). Fouled out: Letcher Central (Kincer, Raglin).
Harlem had a nice team .
Harlan sorry
Harlan might win there region
Bears are a good bunch this year