Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camron Justice
Anybody know why he is not getting much time this year. I figured he would this year. In the 4 games looks like he has got 4,6,15 and 4 min. The 15 min game he got was a blow out win.
Not sure if he is 100% healthy. He had surgery in the off season.
and they are loaded with guards too
I mean he is playing as many minutes as his talent level garners. Everyone over hyped him around here in high school. Saying he was the best to ever play in the 14th region and other outlandish claims. He would have been alot better off at a mid major. Right now he probably won't see much playing time until his senior year.
I hope the coach is not "seeing" his mom. Those are about the same minutes Brad Calapari is getting at Uk.
Pushing off with the forearm and shooting an ungodly amount of free throws doesn't translate to the college level all that well.
The Chief Wrote:Pushing off with the forearm and shooting an ungodly amount of free throws doesn't translate to the college level all that well.

Yea I don't think the Eastern KY refs are there to help inflate his stats anymore.
Don't really comprehend the point in getting on here to bash the guy. Whining about a player who hasn't played a high school basketball game in going on 2 seasons, cry baby mentality.
I don't know that he's 100% healthy, but he's a true sophomore at a major conference D1 school.

He will get more PT as he grows as a player. In an interview with WYMT last year he admitted that D1 basketball was a big challenge for him because his option to drive the basketball successfully isn't there now.
Madness12 Wrote:Don't really comprehend the point in getting on here to bash the guy. Whining about a player who hasn't played a high school basketball game in going on 2 seasons, cry baby mentality.

Stating your opinion that he just isn't that talented isn't bashing. So if people's opinions upset you that badly I'd say posting on a sports forum isn't for you.
dore20 Wrote:Yea I don't think the Eastern KY refs are there to help inflate his stats anymore.

He is coming off a major injury. He is good enough to play at that level. I know his work ethic. He will work thru this and be just fine. Last year at this time he had a great Maui Invitational. The injury really set him back but He WILL overcome this. SMH
I don't think people in the state of Kentucky can comprehend the fact that every college player isn't a John Calipari UK recruit. Camron is a sophomore and has already played a good role for his team. At almost every single school in the country (excluding Kentucky and Duke) it's a four to five year process. At the end of the day Camron will continue to get a good education, develop his game to fit the college level, and by the end of his college career have played a nice role at Vanderbilt.

As far as getting on here and saying things like "the eastern Ky refs can't save him now bolz lol haha" makes me assume that you're still a butthurt Cordia or Perry fan that still can't over the fact that Camron was great enough to lead his team to Rupp four seasons in a row.
dore20 Wrote:Stating your opinion that he just isn't that talented isn't bashing. So if people's opinions upset you that badly I'd say posting on a sports forum isn't for you.

Bashing may have been the wrong word, but the fact remains that here we are, a year later, and you're crediting his statistical achievements to referees. Seems an awful lot like whining to me. On the topic of opinions, not upset over what you said, you're entitled to that opinion and never said you weren't, but I am also entitled to mine.
Madness12 Wrote:Bashing may have been the wrong word, but the fact remains that here we are, a year later, and you're crediting his statistical achievements to referees. Seems an awful lot like whining to me. On the topic of opinions, not upset over what you said, you're entitled to that opinion and never said you weren't, but I am also entitled to mine.
Yes you are, but you were the one whining about my opinion. I have nothing against the kid. Always seems like a really good guy. But I'm stating the honest truth that his stats were inflated. He isn't a major d-1 talent in my opinion. I think he could have thrived somewhere like WKU or Marshall. I'm a Perry Central fan and I've been saying the same thing about Braxton going to Ohio St. I MO he should have stuck with Miami of Ohio because he would have seen minutes as a freshman instead of sitting for a couple of years.
Madness12 Wrote:Bashing may have been the wrong word, but the fact remains that here we are, a year later, and you're crediting his statistical achievements to referees. Seems an awful lot like whining to me. On the topic of opinions, not upset over what you said, you're entitled to that opinion and never said you weren't, but I am also entitled to mine.
Yes you are, but you were the one whining about my opinion. I have nothing against the kid. Always seems like a really good guy. But I'm stating the honest truth that his stats were inflated. He isn't a major d-1 talent in my opinion. I think he could have thrived somewhere like WKU or Marshall. I'm a Perry Central fan and I've been saying the same thing about Braxton going to Ohio St. IMO he should have stuck with Miami of Ohio because he would have seen minutes as a freshman instead of sitting for a couple of years.
I'm not sure why that posted twice.
JMamba Wrote:I don't think people in the state of Kentucky can comprehend the fact that every college player isn't a John Calipari UK recruit. Camron is a sophomore and has already played a good role for his team. At almost every single school in the country (excluding Kentucky and Duke) it's a four to five year process. At the end of the day Camron will continue to get a good education, develop his game to fit the college level, and by the end of his college career have played a nice role at Vanderbilt.

As far as getting on here and saying things like "the eastern Ky refs can't save him now bolz lol haha" makes me assume that you're still a butthurt Cordia or Perry fan that still can't over the fact that Camron was great enough to lead his team to Rupp four seasons in a row.
Amen
first, I like Cameron justice as a player and a person what little ive talked to him but at the end of the day the refs here did help him a lot. he got over 75% of his points from the free throw line and his senior year he shot about 300 more free throws then the next player in the state. that's a big difference and that's a huge reason why they could never do anything in the state tournament.
as far as Braxton Beverly I think he will do just fine at ohio state when he gets to be a junior probably because he handles the ball so well and he has been playing at a prep school that plays the top talent in the country and won a national title in the division they played in and that's the same talent that he will be playing against at ohio state
hitter Wrote:first, I like Cameron justice as a player and a person what little ive talked to him but at the end of the day the refs here did help him a lot. he got over 75% of his points from the free throw line and his senior year he shot about 300 more free throws then the next player in the state. that's a big difference and that's a huge reason why they could never do anything in the state tournament.
as far as Braxton Beverly I think he will do just fine at ohio state when he gets to be a junior probably because he handles the ball so well and he has been playing at a prep school that plays the top talent in the country and won a national title in the division they played in and that's the same talent that he will be playing against at ohio state

Stats are not hard to look up hitter jeez!!! Camron shot 197 free throws his senior year, Braxton Beverly shot 206 free throws that same year!
dore20 Wrote:I mean he is playing as many minutes as his talent level garners. Everyone over hyped him around here in high school. Saying he was the best to ever play in the 14th region and other outlandish claims. He would have been alot better off at a mid major. Right now he probably won't see much playing time until his senior year.

this is the first thing I see you post on here, that I agree with. I didn't think he was that good of a player in high school. the few time I did saw him play, he never show me nothing. just like that girl from Bell Co. that went to UK. she never show me nothing when I saw her in the WYMT t-ment.
[quote=dore20]I mean he is playing as many minutes as his talent level garners. Everyone over hyped him around here in high school. Saying he was the best to ever play in the 14th region and other outlandish claims. He would have been alot better off at a mid major. Right now he probably won't see much playing time until his senior year.[/Q

Well let's see ALL TIME leading scorer in 14th REGION, ONLY MR. BASKETBALL FROM 14TH REGION, 4 TIME 1ST TEAM ALL STATE SELECTION, GATORADE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, ALL TIME LEADING SCORER IN WYMT MOUNTAIN CLASSIC..... YEP SOME PRETTY OUTLANDISH CLAIMS!
cj2561 Wrote:this is the first thing I see you post on here, that I agree with. I didn't think he was that good of a player in high school. the few time I did saw him play, he never show me nothing. just like that girl from Bell Co. that went to UK. she never show me nothing when I saw her in the WYMT t-ment.
Glad you are a D1 scout for the Mountain region!
Aside from the injury, I wonder if the coaching change may have had something to do with it?
I don't think so. He will get it going. Just needs some time to get his confidence back.
killerb Wrote:
dore20 Wrote:I mean he is playing as many minutes as his talent level garners. Everyone over hyped him around here in high school. Saying he was the best to ever play in the 14th region and other outlandish claims. He would have
Well let's see ALL TIME leading scorer in 14th REGION, ONLY MR. BASKETBALL FROM 14TH REGION, 4 TIME 1ST TEAM ALL STATE SELECTION, GATORADE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, ALL TIME LEADING SCORER IN WYMT MOUNTAIN CLASSIC..... YEP SOME PRETTY OUTLANDISH CLAIMS!

And he is still riding the bench. All those accolades are sure helping him now aren't they.
The game is too fast for him at that level. He doesn't handle the ball all that well for a SEC guard and struggles to create opportunities for himself. If he is fine with the role he is playing now then he will be happy there.
Give the guy some time.
Keep in mind be played against similar talent during AAU. His basketball experience isn't limited to Knott County.

He is an ELITE shooter and if he gets open he will knock shots down.
dore20 Wrote:And he is still riding the bench. All those accolades are sure helping him now aren't they.

I'd say those "accolades" are helping him. He gets to live in one of the best cities in the United States, free! He's already been to Maui, Las Vegas and countless other cities in the United States, free! And best of all , he's getting a $400,000 education maybe more, free! He had a serious injury and probably should have been red shirted and a coaching change. Lets give him a little more time!
dore20 Wrote:And he is still riding the bench. All those accolades are sure helping him now aren't they.

Free education at one of the best Academic institutions in the Southeast. Yeah, I'd say they're helping him. Your jealousy is embarrassing.
Camron Justice was GREAT. The guy was a winner plain and simple. Had some dang good players around him as well. That may of attributed to why they won the region 4 years in a row. Halls playing D1, Christian at Transy, Cornett probably could play some small college. Sure Im leaving someone else off. Just because Camron isn't an And1 Mix type guy, and a high flyer doesn't mean he isn't a D1 basketball player. He's someone a coach can depend on. Every team needs guys like him. I for one miss watching him and Braxton Beverly play around here. Braxton is unreal as well. Justin Johnson was a freak to. Had some really talented kids in this area in that 4 or 5 year span.