Dorton vs. Georgetown
Gray vs. South Laurel
Betsy Layne vs. Graves
Mason Co. vs. Pikeville
June Buchanan vs. University Heights

9:30
Hindman vs. Holy Name
Henderson South vs. Johnson Co.
Tough game to begin the tournament for Pikeville. Mason is pretty good.
ab will be goin to this
No A.B. wont all of the spots are filled and their not in one of the them.

Dorton has a tough game to Georgetown was pretty good over the summer when Bl played them.
Georgetown is usually good. We beat them in this tournament a couple of years ago, but we are down a lot over the past 8 or 9 years. I was looking at the top 25 individual scorers all time in this tournament and we have 5 of them. Cody Varney set the single game record last year with 35 points. Jacob Bryant is on there twice, and Elisha Justice and Logan Bryant are on there once apiece. To me, this is the best grade school tournament by far. It is so well run, and it really has a state tournament feel. Getting to go up against teams from all over the state is a great experience for the players.

I think Betsy Layne has a shot to do really well in this tournament. I thought Belfry was going to this tournament.
Here is the link to the records page.

http://www.playkba.com/mstourneynotes.htm
Belfry is not on the list. They might have a spot if a team drops out. There are 5 teams inline in case a team drops out. I would like to see Dorton do well down there. Ill be watching for them.
The_Pistol Wrote:Belfry is not on the list. They might have a spot if a team drops out. There are 5 teams inline in case a team drops out. I would like to see Dorton do well down there. Ill be watching for them.

Thanks, but we just don't have the individual talent or the size and strength to do well this year. The reason we have done so well in the past in this tournament and in the BCI tournaments is because we have had a couple of "star" players on our team. The defense is so good in these tournaments, that great individual performances can lead a team to victory. Last year, Elisha Justice got hot in the BCI and led us to huge victories over Lex Cath and Sebastian when both had beat us just a week earlier. The same has happened in the past few years in the KBA. We are 14-14 this year. No .500 team will be able to do well in such a competitive tournament.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Here is the link to the records page.

http://www.playkba.com/mstourneynotes.htm

It's good to see Dorton and Virgie all over that page.
alfus21 Wrote:It's good to see Dorton and Virgie all over that page.

I think Daniel Harmon is also the all time leader in points in this tournament in a career besides holding the single tournament record.

In all fairness, Jacob Bryant could have shattered that record in 2004 if we hadn't gotten a bye and if we had made it one game further. He was a scoring machine that weekend. He scored 98 points in 4 games. That is 24.5 points per game against good teams. We played South Laurel, Elliott County, Meece Middle, and June Buchanan. Elliott had the Faulkners and Ferguson, and JBS had Clark Stepp. Here is a link to that tournament as well.

http://www.kyprephoops.com/0304/04MSSTResults.html
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Georgetown is usually good. We beat them in this tournament a couple of years ago, but we are down a lot over the past 8 or 9 years. I was looking at the top 25 individual scorers all time in this tournament and we have 5 of them. Cody Varney set the single game record last year with 35 points. Jacob Bryant is on there twice, and Elisha Justice and Logan Bryant are on there once apiece. To me, this is the best grade school tournament by far. It is so well run, and it really has a state tournament feel. Getting to go up against teams from all over the state is a great experience for the players.

I think Betsy Layne has a shot to do really well in this tournament. I thought Belfry was going to this tournament.

Belfry should be on the list, as their coach sent what was needed in as soon as BCI was over 3 weeks ago.
NEXT Wrote:Belfry should be on the list, as their coach sent what was needed in as soon as BCI was over 3 weeks ago.

I thought I had been told that, but they are not on the list. Go to these links to see the tournament entries and schedule.

http://www.playkba.com/8thgrademsst.htm

http://www.playkba.com/20078thgradefriday.htm
He saw that this morning and tried calling about 10 am. Got put on hold and no one ever answered back. Pretty upset that Belfry is not on there.
NEXT Wrote:He saw that this morning and tried calling about 10 am. Got put on hold and no one ever answered back. Pretty upset that Belfry is not on there.

You can also email the tournament director. His email is [email=sean@playkba.com]sean@playkba.com[/email]. I would like to see Belfry in it.
ab is in it...just wait and see...they will be down there.
A.B. is not on the list of teams for the tournament. You cant just show up and play. The deadline was January 27th. As i said earlier A.B. might be on the waiting list.
It also said they may be able to be in the tournament if they can get extra gym space.
is this 7th grade
Glad to see Dorton in there!
panther2 Wrote:is this 7th grade

No, 8th. I believe the 7th grade tournament is supposed to be played this coming weekend.

Here is a link to the 7th grade matchups:

http://www.playkba.com/077thgrademsstfriday.htm
If you get beat on Friday, have you lost your chances to win the tournament. I know your guaranteed so many games, but if you lose once are you out of the winner's brackett.
No Friday most teams play one game. Then that determines who you play in the first game of the tournament. If you win your friday night game you usually play a team that lost. If you lose your friday night game you play a team that won.
i see ab combs listed in the teams in it...i think they should do pretty good...i hear the have a good team this year.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:If you get beat on Friday, have you lost your chances to win the tournament. I know your guaranteed so many games, but if you lose once are you out of the winner's brackett.

Friday night's game is just a play-in game to give each team at least 2 games. Some teams travel 3-4 hours to be in this tournament, and it wouldn't be worth it to only play 1 game. Like Pistol said, teams that won play teams that lost, unless there is an uneven number of teams.
Ok thanks. Its a lot clearer now about how it works...Anyone have the brackets of the games after Friday?
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Ok thanks. Its a lot clearer now about how it works...Anyone have the brackets of the games after Friday?

He doesn't have the 8th grade bracket posted yet, but it should be soon.
Does anyone know anything about Graves? Are the Bobcats likely to win, or how should they handle them?
Here is the brackets

http://playkba.com/07msstate.htm
A.B. combs did get in. But their friday night game is against the 2006 7th grade state champs Franklin-Simpson.
belfrys going who will they play