Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Favorite
It seems that everyone on here has been arguing lately over who is the clear cut favorite in the 15th. Now, I have read quite a few of the posts on here and it seems to me that a lot of these arguments are very weak. I just don't understand how you can back up half of these statements. As far as the question is concerned, the answer is very clear. Magoffin is the clear cut favorite to win the 15th region BY FAR and they are the most talented team. Now, I am not saying that they can't be upset somewhere along the way, but they are the favorite to win in every 15th region game they play. Magoffin's only loss in the region came at the beginning of the year to Pike Central which, in my opinion, does not reflect the play of any of these teams at this point. If I am not mistaken, Michaela Howard and Brittany Manns combined for less than double digits in this game and Magoffin shot horribly from the free throw line. As for the argument over the most recent game between the two, there is none. People can say what if Haley played and what if Ashley played until they are blue in the face but the fact is, it doesn't matter. Both teams were without their so called "star" player and you saw the outcome. The facts explain themselves. Over the past several weeks Magoffin has proven that they are the most complete team in this region and at the same time have provided seperation from the rest of the field. Over the months of January and February, the Lady Hornets have beaten the "top teams in the region" by an average of 13 points. This includes 2 wins over Belfry. Not to mention, they picked up a HUGE win over Clay County during the current 7 game win streak. Let me also add that their only other losses came to Butler (16-4) and Russell (20-3). As for the several other teams who are supposively considered the top team by many, their records do not add up. Pike Central (12-10) is just simply not consistent, Shelby Valley (17-2) has no quality wins, and Belfry (15-5) has lost to Magoffin twice in the past several weeks. Magoffin has proved numerous times that they can compete with teams outside of the region and Eastern Ky. I know this is a lengthy post but I had to make a point. I am tired of all of these people on here trying to make these obsurd arguments as to why their team is the best team in the 15th region. Well, let me be blunt. There is no argument. Magoffin County has showed the 15th region that they are the best team on several occasions and in my opinion they will continue to do so throughout the rest of the season. The Magoffin County Hornets are the best overall team the mountains have to offer, no questions asked.
Lawrence Wrote:It seems that everyone on here has been arguing lately over who is the clear cut favorite in the 15th. Now, I have read quite a few of the posts on here and it seems to me that a lot of these arguments are very weak. I just don't understand how you can back up half of these statements. As far as the question is concerned, the answer is very clear. Magoffin is the clear cut favorite to win the 15th region BY FAR and they are the most talented team. Now, I am not saying that they can't be upset somewhere along the way, but they are the favorite to win in every 15th region game they play. Magoffin's only loss in the region came at the beginning of the year to Pike Central which, in my opinion, does not reflect the play of any of these teams at this point. If I am not mistaken, Michaela Howard and Brittany Manns combined for less than double digits in this game and Magoffin shot horribly from the free throw line. As for the argument over the most recent game between the two, there is none. People can say what if Haley played and what if Ashley played until they are blue in the face but the fact is, it doesn't matter. Both teams were without their so called "star" player and you saw the outcome. The facts explain themselves. Over the past several weeks Magoffin has proven that they are the most complete team in this region and at the same time have provided seperation from the rest of the field. Over the months of January and February, the Lady Hornets have beaten the "top teams in the region" by an average of 13 points. This includes 2 wins over Belfry. Not to mention, they picked up a HUGE win over Clay County during the current 7 game win streak. Let me also add that their only other losses came to Butler (16-4) and Russell (20-3). As for the several other teams who are supposively considered the top team by many, their records do not add up. Pike Central (12-10) is just simply not consistent, Shelby Valley (17-2) has no quality wins, and Belfry (15-5) has lost to Magoffin twice in the past several weeks. Magoffin has proved numerous times that they can compete with teams outside of the region and Eastern Ky. I know this is a lengthy post but I had to make a point. I am tired of all of these people on here trying to make these obsurd arguments as to why their team is the best team in the 15th region. Well, let me be blunt. There is no argument. Magoffin County has showed the 15th region that they are the best team on several occasions and in my opinion they will continue to do so throughout the rest of the season. The Magoffin County Hornets are the best overall team the mountains have to offer, no questions asked.

Wow, this has to be the longest post i have ever seen. But he makes a great point in everyone of his arguments. I also did not know that pike central has such a horrible record. How can they be considered number one?
Great post. I agree 100 %
Best post of the season. I have made the same arguement many times. Although I respect the rest of the teams in the region, Magoffin is the best. Those girls get no respect on this sight by many other members of this website. I wish people will face the facts and learn to accept that Magoffin is the best the 15th region has to offer.
Good post, completely agree.
I agree that Magoffin is the clear cut favorite to win the region. You make a very logical argument and defend your point well. The only place I will argue with you is when you say that Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I will concede that Magoffin is the better team to win the region. But you really must ADMIT that winning over Pike Central, Johnson County, Rose Hill Christian, Tates Creek, Walton Verona, and JJ Kelly WERE QUALITY WINS. These teams may not be as exceptional as Magoffin, but they were good teams. Therefore, the statement about Shelby Valley is a weak one, but kudos to you for a very good assessment of the 15th.
I would have to agree, MC is obviously the favorite out of the 15th... but like all teams, they can be beaten.
all-or-nothing Wrote:I agree that Magoffin is the clear cut favorite to win the region. You make a very logical argument and defend your point well. The only place I will argue with you is when you say that Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I will concede that Magoffin is the better team to win the region. But you really must ADMIT that winning over Pike Central, Johnson County, Rose Hill Christian, Tates Creek, Walton Verona, and JJ Kelly WERE QUALITY WINS. These teams may not be as exceptional as Magoffin, but they were good teams. Therefore, the statement about Shelby Valley is a weak one, but kudos to you for a very good assessment of the 15th.
The best wins on Valley's resume are those 2 15th region win's. Rose Hill is terrible, not to mention they played without Laura Terry in their game with Valley. Tates Creek is only ranked ahead of Sayre, Berea, Model, and Frankfort in their region. Walton Verona, who in the world is Walton Verona? JJ Kelly, no one knows how good they are because they are from Virginia, who by the way has one of the weaker high school basketball systems in the US, so I think he is right when he says Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I also agree with you, when you say Shelby Valley is good, they are a good basketball team, with no quality wins out of the region.
mcfan1 Wrote:The best wins on Valley's resume are those 2 15th region win's. Rose Hill is terrible, not to mention they played without Laura Terry in their game with Valley. Tates Creek is only ranked ahead of Sayre, Berea, Model, and Frankfort in their region. Walton Verona, who in the world is Walton Verona? JJ Kelly, no one knows how good they are because they are from Virginia, who by the way has one of the weaker high school basketball systems in the US, so I think he is right when he says Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I also agree with you, when you say Shelby Valley is good, they are a good basketball team, with no quality wins out of the region.

People on here make me SICK!!!! Shelby Valley could beat every number one team in the nation and still get no credit for anytihng they achieve.....Valley has QUALITY WINS.... how could you say they haven't .....Rose Hill did indeed play without Terry ....But lets think for a second....she averages 18 points per game .Sheloby Valley beat them by thirty..... and her hishest scored game this year is 24 so do the math people....Valley would have still won...not to mention their 8th graders played the last three minutes .... All I am sayin is quit crticizing valley thats all anyone can seem to say about them is that they are overrated or not good at all...... quit denying the truth and realize valley is one of the top 3 teams in the region....
mcfan1 Wrote:The best wins on Valley's resume are those 2 15th region win's. Rose Hill is terrible, not to mention they played without Laura Terry in their game with Valley. Tates Creek is only ranked ahead of Sayre, Berea, Model, and Frankfort in their region. Walton Verona, who in the world is Walton Verona? JJ Kelly, no one knows how good they are because they are from Virginia, who by the way has one of the weaker high school basketball systems in the US, so I think he is right when he says Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I also agree with you, when you say Shelby Valley is good, they are a good basketball team, with no quality wins out of the region.

they have alot of good wins! i admit not every team is a great team that they have played but they are still a couple good teams! rose hill is not terrible they are a great team and in my opinion they could give mc a good game! jj kelly is ranked #2 in virginia! they might not be a strong basketball state but they are still good! you all are just mad because sv came back this year and is alot better than they were expected to be! i'm sorry but im very proud of the sv lady cats
spalding Wrote:People on here make me SICK!!!! Shelby Valley could beat every number one team in the nation and still get no credit for anytihng they achieve.....Valley has QUALITY WINS.... how could you say they haven't .....Rose Hill did indeed play without Terry ....But lets think for a second....she averages 18 points per game .Sheloby Valley beat them by thirty..... and her hishest scored game this year is 24 so do the math people....Valley would have still won...not to mention their 8th graders played the last three minutes .... All I am sayin is quit crticizing valley thats all anyone can seem to say about them is that they are overrated or not good at all...... quit denying the truth and realize valley is one of the top 3 teams in the region....

Thank you that is my opinion exactly! you are one of the only ppl that agree with me!
Yes as of now Magoffin is #1 ill admit that,then i'd say valley,them maybe belfry...as of now! But if you have watched these teams play in the past theres only one thing to say.......................................

NONE OF THIS MATTERS COME TOURNEY TIME!!!
spalding Wrote:People on here make me SICK!!!! Shelby Valley could beat every number one team in the nation and still get no credit for anytihng they achieve.....Valley has QUALITY WINS.... how could you say they haven't .....Rose Hill did indeed play without Terry ....But lets think for a second....she averages 18 points per game .Sheloby Valley beat them by thirty..... and her hishest scored game this year is 24 so do the math people....Valley would have still won...not to mention their 8th graders played the last three minutes .... All I am sayin is quit crticizing valley thats all anyone can seem to say about them is that they are overrated or not good at all...... quit denying the truth and realize valley is one of the top 3 teams in the region....
Never did I say that Valley was overated nor did I say they were not good, I will agree with you when you say that Valley is one of the top 3 teams in the region. But Valley has not played anyone, it's a fact. Valley is a good team, but they would be alot better if they played a tough schedule. Never did I say Valley was no good, if you would have took the time to thoroughly read my post you would have noticed that I was saying that Valley was good but their out of region wins were not of much quality, I looked at the Lexington Herald paper this morning and saw that Valley was ranked 4th in the region, in my opinion that is underated at this point in the season.:Thumbs:
player#33 Wrote:they have alot of good wins! i admit not every team is a great team that they have played but they are still a couple good teams! rose hill is not terrible they are a great team and in my opinion they could give mc a good game! jj kelly is ranked #2 in virginia! they might not be a strong basketball state but they are still good! you all are just mad because sv came back this year and is alot better than they were expected to be! i'm sorry but im very proud of the sv lady cats
At the beginning of the season I thought Shelby Valley was a tough team, from when MC played them last year in the regular season, I thought they were a tough team that would fly under the radar. Now as for me being mad that Valley is good, I could care less. Yeah, I don't think they are the best team in the region, maybe one of the best, but I am in any way not mad of their success thus far this season, and I wish them the best of luck.
all-or-nothing Wrote:I agree that Magoffin is the clear cut favorite to win the region. You make a very logical argument and defend your point well. The only place I will argue with you is when you say that Shelby Valley has no quality wins. I will concede that Magoffin is the better team to win the region. But you really must ADMIT that winning over Pike Central, Johnson County, Rose Hill Christian, Tates Creek, Walton Verona, and JJ Kelly WERE QUALITY WINS. These teams may not be as exceptional as Magoffin, but they were good teams. Therefore, the statement about Shelby Valley is a weak one, but kudos to you for a very good assessment of the 15th.

Rose Hill (7-9)
Tates Creek (5-18)
Walton Verona (9-11)

You call these QUALITY wins?
spalding Wrote:People on here make me SICK!!!! Shelby Valley could beat every number one team in the nation and still get no credit for anytihng they achieve

:thatsfunn Shelby Valley can't even beat the number one team in their own region.
Magoffin 100 East Ridge 35
SV 60 East Ridge 46
player#33 Wrote:rose hill is not terrible they are a great team and in my opinion they could give mc a good game!

If I am not mistaken, Magoffin County beat Rose Hill last year by 3; the same year Rose Hill made it to the championship game.

Rose Hill isn't near the team they were last year and Magoffin County still has pretty much the same lineup. Now you are telling me that Rose Hill could give them a good game? C'mon.
Lawrence Wrote:Rose Hill (7-9)
Tates Creek (5-18)
Walton Verona (9-11)

You call these QUALITY wins?
J.J. Kelly (9-3)
Haysi (3-7)
I'll agree with you when you say MC is the favorite to win the 15th region,but it won't be easy for them. PC,Belfry and SV will all try to upset them to win the region.MC is a very strong team,even tho Im cheerin for Valley,I still think MC will come away with it
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Magoffin 100 East Ridge 35
SV 60 East Ridge 46

This really doesnt prove anything, I mean it should be easy for every1 to see magoffin is the clear cut favorite,I mean there will be other teams step up come tourny time, but either way i look for MC to come out on top