Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 14 Knox Central 0
Final
Rock completely dominated this game. Knox had 3-4 big plays but could not stop Rock on the line. Rock took a knee on 1st and 4 at the end of the game but could have easily scored again.

Rock proved they are clearly the better team.
Knox just never really lived up to expectations this year, especially with Catron out.
Way to go Rockets!
Congrats to Rock
Districts Champs :1:
Great day to be a rocket
LWC Wrote:Rock completely dominated this game. Knox had 3-4 big plays but could not stop Rock on the line. Rock took a knee on 1st and 4 at the end of the game but could have easily scored again.

Not sure I agree completely. It seemed both D's played well? Rock had the ball so close on last possession bc Knox went for it on 4th down correct?

Good win by Rock! What will they return in 2017?
Rommel Wrote:Not sure I agree completely. It seemed both D's played well? Rock had the ball so close on last possession bc Knox went for it on 4th down correct?

Knox Central got dominated. They laid a goose egg.
Rommel Wrote:Not sure I agree completely. It seemed both D's played well? Rock had the ball so close on last possession bc Knox went for it on 4th down correct?

I'm not revealing trade secrets or anything because it is on KHSAA but Rock loses 17 seniors.
Knox loses 15 seniors.
LWC Wrote:Rock completely dominated this game. Knox had 3-4 big plays but could not stop Rock on the line. Rock took a knee on 1st and 4 at the end of the game but could have easily scored again.

Rock was the better team last night. But, I wouldn't say they dominated KC. That was a hard-fought game. Great job by the Rockcastle kids in a real dog fight. Keep KC on your radar... You might see them again, and you have to respect what they can do.
I would have thought that Knox would have been more competitive in this game, but that goes to show how good Rock is!! Congrats!!

Rock vs JC in the state semis?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I would have thought that Knox would have been more competitive in this game, but that goes to show how good Rock is!! Congrats!!

Rock vs JC in the state semis?

I think it is entirely possible. Johnson Central had a much easier path to the State Semi-finals but Rock can get there if they play their best and stay injury free.
LWC Wrote:I think it is entirely possible. Johnson Central had a much easier path to the State Semi-finals but Rock can get there if they play their best and stay injury free.

It's definitely possible and I would love to see how Rock stacks up against the mighty Eagles. When is the last time they made it that far in the playoffs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:It's definitely possible and I would love to see how Rock stacks up against the mighty Eagles. When is the last time they made it that far in the playoffs?

If I'm not mistaken, Rock's last trip to the State semi-finals was against Johnson Central in Paintsville almost exactly a decade ago.
LWC Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Rock's last trip to the State semi-finals was against Johnson Central in Paintsville almost exactly a decade ago.

Just looked it up, that Johnson Central game was in the Elite 8. The season before that Rock lost to Lexington Catholic in the State Semi-finals.
LWC Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Rock's last trip to the State semi-finals was against Johnson Central in Paintsville almost exactly a decade ago.
That game was the region championship. In 2005 rock played lexington Catholic in the semi finals
LWC Wrote:Just looked it up, that Johnson Central game was in the Elite 8. The season before that Rock lost to Lexington Catholic in the State Semi-finals.

Ah yes, that's right. I remember that game now that you mention it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]