Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign Policiy Dominos Falling
"Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday told U.S. President Barack Obama to "go to hell" and said the United States had refused to sell some weapons to his country but he did not care because Russia and China were willing suppliers.

In his latest salvo, Duterte said he was realigning his foreign policy because the United States had failed the Philippines and added that at some point, "I will break up with America". It was not clear what he meant by "break up"."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/phil...id=UE09DHP

The US has had a close and trusting relationship with the people of the Philippines since WW2. To say their location is of strategic benefit to the US is more than a mild understatement. Now imagine Hillary in the White House and either Red China or Russia forcibly building military bases in the Philippines. What a disaster has been visited upon our doorstep.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Did you really just mention Russia? Channeling your inner Mike Pence? Hypocrite.
You have absolutely no right to call him a hypocrite!

Hiding behind yet another screen name is a hypocrite.
Granny Bear Wrote:You have absolutely no right to call him a hypocrite!

Hiding behind yet another screen name is a hypocrite.

LOL, anonymity is a warm blanket for some people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
catdoggy Wrote:Did you really just mention Russia? Channeling your inner Mike Pence? Hypocrite.

[SIZE="2"]
"Russia said on Wednesday [I](Oct 5, 2016)
it was suspending its nuclear and energy research agreement with the United States as a countermeasure against Washington for imposing sanctions on Russia over Ukraine.
The government also said it was terminating for the same reasons an agreement between its nuclear corporation Rosatom and the U.S. Department of Energy on feasibility studies into conversion of Russian research reactors to low enriched uranium."[/SIZE][/I]
http://fortune.com/2016/10/05/russia-sus...agreement/

You will notice that my post of which you were so critical, was made on Tuesday, the 4th of October. Well ahead of the headline I just posted. No matter how often I get out ahead of the news with a statement or prediction, you still want to act like I am in some way being disingenuous. And although you can neither define your disagreement with me, or better yet articulate same, and though you've yet to land a single bona fide metaphorical punch, no matter which account you've posted under, you soldier on anyway. I understand it's personal with you, and I frankly could care less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:[SIZE="2"]
"Russia said on Wednesday [I](Oct 5, 2016)
it was suspending its nuclear and energy research agreement with the United States as a countermeasure against Washington for imposing sanctions on Russia over Ukraine.
The government also said it was terminating for the same reasons an agreement between its nuclear corporation Rosatom and the U.S. Department of Energy on feasibility studies into conversion of Russian research reactors to low enriched uranium."[/SIZE][/I]
http://fortune.com/2016/10/05/russia-sus...agreement/

You will notice that my post of which you were so critical, was made on Tuesday, the 4th of October. Well ahead of the headline I just posted. No matter how often I get out ahead of the news with a statement or prediction, you still want to act like I am in some way being disingenuous. And although you can neither define your disagreement with me, or better yet articulate same, and though you've yet to land a single bona fide metaphorical punch, no matter which account you've posted under, you soldier on anyway. I understand it's personal with you, and I frankly could care less.

Putin is old school KGB with a post modern twirl. He longs for the "back in the day" when the Soviet Union had cache. In my view, the idea that Vladimir Putin will be taken by the horns and led around if Trump is elected greatly undersells his ego and ambition, and his anger at how the old Soviet state lost power and prestige. Putin is smart, tough, and cagey; however, the chip on his shoulder and his massive ego will give a wise, patient American leader the path to keep his ambition in check.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Putin is old school KGB with a post modern twirl. He longs for the "back in the day" when the Soviet Union had cache. In my view, the idea that Vladimir Putin will be taken by the horns and led around if Trump is elected greatly undersells his ego and ambition, and his anger at how the old Soviet state lost power and prestige. Putin is smart, tough, and cagey; however, the chip on his shoulder and his massive ego will give a wise, patient American leader the path to keep his ambition in check.

Yeah well wisdom and patience are certainly applicable prerequisites for any President of the United States. They don't stand alone however when it comes to dealing with thugs bent on our destruction. The only reason SALT 1 & ii were effective treaties was because we had the hammer on these guys militarily. Onesy PJ's and a warm cup of cocoa are no substitute for Carrier Groups and ordinance under the command of a wise and patient man not afraid to use them when necessary. Your post is so full of baloney and other liberal opinion, (of which the lot of you are totally ignorant in real terms) it is offensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah well wisdom and patience are certainly applicable prerequisites for any President of the United States. They don't stand alone however when it comes to dealing with thugs bent on our destruction. The only reason SALT 1 & ii were effective treaties was because we had the hammer on these guys militarily. Onesy PJ's and a warm cup of cocoa are no substitute for Carrier Groups and ordinance under the command of a wise and patient man not afraid to use them when necessary. Your post is so full of baloney and other liberal opinion, (of which the lot of you are totally ignorant in real terms) it is offensive.

How much straw do you keep in your intellectual barn?

Wisdom and patience are not antithetical to strategic deployment of military resources.

"Sometimes valor, sometimes discretion, and a wise man knows which is called for."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How much straw do you keep in your intellectual barn?

Wisdom and patience are not antithetical to strategic deployment of military resources.

"Sometimes valor, sometimes discretion, and a wise man knows which is called for."

LOL well, I guarantee you're a few bales short of a full loft. And as I've noted in times past, you don't have the first clue of what you speak when you start blowing about the military or national defense. You don't even possess the grace to cede such matters to the experts. So, in that respect you and the President seem to be cut from the same cloth. And I believe I have addressed with you in times past the proper usage of quotation marks. You get that wrong a lot.

BTW, did anybody other than me notice how much alike Senator Kaine and ol Vladimir look? Talk about your separated at birth!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL well, I guarantee you're a few bales short of a full loft. And as I've noted in times past, you don't have the first clue of what you speak when you start blowing about the military or national defense. You don't even possess the grace to cede such matters to the experts. So, in that respect you and the President seem to be cut from the same cloth. And I believe I have addressed with you in times past the proper usage of quotation marks. You get that wrong a lot.

BTW, did anybody other than me notice how much alike Senator Kaine and ol Vladimir look? Talk about your separated at birth!

I do not recall any such discussion of quotation marks. If they still surround a direct quote, or indicate words not your own, they stand.

Ah, appeal to the expert...you certainly skipped the semester on logical fallacies.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I do not recall any such discussion of quotation marks. If they still surround a direct quote, or indicate words not your own, they stand.

Ah, appeal to the expert...you certainly skipped the semester on logical fallacies.

I'd say you do but like I said, you are as clueless on the matter as you are classless in the way you pass yourself off as qualified to speak about national defense, an area of which you've had no part.

But hey, look at the bright side. If the liberals ever do manage to convert wind power into a military application, you'll be a shoo-in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'd say you do but like I said, you are as clueless on the matter as you are classless in the way you pass yourself off as qualified to speak about national defense, an area of which you've had no part.

But hey, look at the bright side. If the liberals ever do manage to convert wind power into a military application, you'll be a shoo-in.

Again, you are asserting that the only legitimization of ideas about national defense is military service. While this is self-serving on your part, it is a logical fallacy. But, hey, when did that ever stop you from waxing long and preening cocksureness?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, you are asserting that the only legitimization of ideas about national defense is military service. While this is self-serving on your part, it is a logical fallacy. But, hey, when did that ever stop you from waxing long and preening cocksureness?

Well, you tell me. What kind of a person are you going to trust to build your house, the guy who has actually built homes in the past, or the guy who just thinks he can do it because really, how hard can it be, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, you tell me. What kind of a person are you going to trust to build your house, the guy who has actually built homes in the past, or the guy who just thinks he can do it because really, how hard can it be, right?

Fighting war, diplomacy, formulating policy: not the same thing. Your "build a house" analogy fails on many levels, like so much of peasant wisdom, it sounds good, but, upon analysis, has no impact on the issue at hand.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Fighting war, diplomacy, formulating policy: not the same thing. Your "build a house" analogy fails on many levels, like so much of peasant wisdom, it sounds good, but, upon analysis, has no impact on the issue at hand.

You mean like trying to use ambiguous and speculative ice core analysis to govern the entire direction of mankind? Allow me let you in on a little secret, it all depends on what your selling and to whom. The takers don't give a flip about climate alarmism, all they care about is if the checks come in on time. There is your Democrat voting base, and I might add, the left's tenuous grip on power. The addition of eloquent sounding gaseous release might make libs feel smart, but like renaming ISIS, ISIL, it is meaningless.

But, I finally heard Mr Obama speak today on a subject of which I am certain he is an expert. Hurricane force winds. But then as you well know, in the imaginary world of the La-La, breaking the surly bonds which fetter the rest of us is no problem at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You mean like trying to use ambiguous and speculative ice core analysis to govern the entire direction of mankind? Allow me let you in on a little secret, it all depends on what your selling and to whom. The takers don't give a flip about climate alarmism, all they care about is if the checks come in on time. There is your Democrat voting base, and I might add, the left's tenuous grip on power. The addition of eloquent sounding gaseous release might make libs feel smart, but like renaming ISIS, ISIL, it is meaningless.

But, I finally heard Mr Obama speak today on a subject of which I am certain he is an expert. Hurricane force winds. But then as you well know, in the imaginary world of the La-La, breaking the surly bonds which fetter the rest of us is no problem at all.

I feel like you've read several "How to Debate Liberals" books and created in your mind a monolithic voting group called "Liberals." I would remind you debate occurs here amongst individuals, and that you employ far more "standard line" technique than you either know or let on. It seems you have things you need to believe about political opponents in order to square up your talking points and keep the opposition in the sights at which you wish to fire. I'll let you in on a little something: it's your S.O.P.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I feel like you've read several "How to Debate Liberals" books and created in your mind a monolithic voting group called "Liberals." I would remind you debate occurs here amongst individuals, and that you employ far more "standard line" technique than you either know or let on. It seems you have things you need to believe about political opponents in order to square up your talking points and keep the opposition in the sights at which you wish to fire. I'll let you in on a little something: it's your S.O.P.

Other than being ridiculous on it's face, the only problem with this latest rationalization is the fact that you are the guy who keeps changing the debate topic. Added to that is the fact that you're the one who initially inserted yourself into the back and forth between me and dogbreath :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Other than being ridiculous on it's face, the only problem with this latest rationalization is the fact that you are the guy who keeps changing the debate topic. Added to that is the fact that you're the one who initially inserted yourself into the back and forth between me and dogbreath :biggrin:

The difference between an observation and a rationalization has escaped you.

How's this: Trump is no more likely to cower Vladimir Putin than is Hillary.

And this: in Islamic prophecy, and amongst jihadist, a caliphate, an Islamic State, matters. President Obama uses ISIL to deny the bunch of thugs the satisfaction of the leader of the Western world honoring them with a prophetic designation.

And this: it is perfectly within reason to hold one does not have to be a soldier or a veteran to hold an informed concept of foreign relations, diplomacy and strategy.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The difference between an observation and a rationalization has escaped you.

How's this: Trump is no more likely to cower Vladimir Putin than is Hillary.

And this: in Islamic prophecy, and amongst jihadist, a caliphate, an Islamic State, matters. President Obama uses ISIL to deny the bunch of thugs the satisfaction of the leader of the Western world honoring them with a prophetic designation.

And this: it is perfectly within reason to hold one does not have to be a soldier or a veteran to hold an informed concept of foreign relations, diplomacy and strategy.

Oh make no mistake, mine was never to try and convert you. I am more than comfortable with your being a willing and likely lifelong captive of La-La Land.

Now, though I suspect DNC talking points are akin to Scripture in your view, my advice still, is not to go all-in on the Hillary is a Hawk deal. Ol Vlad would win every last stare down with her. And for the present, I've crossed my tolerance threshold in debating somebody whose had his opinion given to him on the affairs of the Middle East by those who are too timid to defend their own homeland, but who nonetheless feel they know best how to so do. Therefore, as to Islamist prophesy and matters of the US military, flybys past an empty tower seem to have lost their entertainment value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]