Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WVSSAC Says "No Need For Further
The WVSSAC announced that there is no need for further action against a Huntington High School player involved in an incident at the HHS vs. Capital game. A news release from Cabell County Schools says the WVSSAC is backing off because school has already taken disciplinary action against the player.

The release doesn't mention the name of the student, but there was only one student involved in the incident: O.J. Mayo.

Sources tell WSAZ's sports director Keith Morehouse that Principal Greg Webb has decided to suspend Mayo for 14 days due to his conduct at the game against Capital High School on Friday, January 26.

WSAZ has also been told that the suspension will not start until after Friday's game against Scott County. The 14 day suspension will affect four games.

Also in the news release, Executive Director of the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission, Mike Hayden "commended Webb for the actions he had taken and applauded his commitment to enforcing the rules of the WVSSAC."

The release also states the letter from the WVSSAC was "in reference to one student only and does not affect other cases being considered by WVSSAC."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
that is total bs. oj did not do anything go watch the video on youtube and tell me if the referee was not acting and it is not obvious he had it out for mayo its obvious folks.
Well the ref did do some acting and OJ didnt deserve a 14 day supsension. IMO.
Well i think alot of the 14 days was so they wouldnt take the two big games away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Did the principal think OJ Mayo had brought embarassment to his school with his actions or what???
Obviously, the principal felt OJ deserved something or he wouldn't have suspended him.
Well he was a smart one. He did that in hoping they wouldnt take the two games away from them and it worked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well he was a smart one. He did that in hoping they wouldnt take the two games away from them and it worked.

Yep.. HTown won't need OJ to win the 4 games he'll miss.. They did however need him to beat Artesia & maybe even Scott Co.
He deserves what he got, IMO. Read my post in the thread with the link to the video. It doesn't matter if the ref acted a little or not. The fact is that OJ got mad and made contact with the ref. There is NO place for that in ANY Sport by any person (yes, even the #1 player in the nation).

And Glad that the suspension doesn't start until AFTER a big game with Scott County. Complete Bullcrap. Maybe they should just make him suspended from school on days that they don't have games so that he could attend school on game days and be able to play in the game. Sounds like a plan to me!! Wouldn't want a kid to think that he is above the rules now would we?
Beef Wrote:He deserves what he got, IMO. Read my post in the thread with the link to the video. It doesn't matter if the ref acted a little or not. The fact is that OJ got mad and made contact with the ref. There is NO place for that in ANY Sport by any person (yes, even the #1 player in the nation).

And Glad that the suspension doesn't start until AFTER a big game with Scott County. Complete Bullcrap. Maybe they should just make him suspended from school on days that they don't have games so that he could attend school on game days and be able to play in the game. Sounds like a plan to me!! Wouldn't want a kid to think that he is above the rules now would we?

Refs aren't above the rules either!! And when refs are so biased (OJ's actions aside) as the ref in the Capital game, then you lose your trust in the refs and the whole system breaks down. I mean, would you feel comfortable having that same ref be involved in any of your games IF you were the HH coach?? I wouldn't. Obviously he intends to call the game to his own choosing rather than be neutral. And that is completely leaving OJ's actions out of it. 46 fouls on a team is rediculous. OJ may not have been on his best behavior, may even deserve the suspension (even though I don't agree) but a biased ref is even worse!!
I never said that the ref was good. I have not followed one HH game this season. Know nothing about them, what their games have been like, who has ref'ed them. My only point was that he has no right to touch a ref. If that happens in a Pro league, the player would be suspended multiple games and fined a huge amount. I think that the WVSSAC should step in here and not go my the schools decision. They should suspend OJ for 4 games (same thing that the school did except it would start tomorrow night) and then the school should also suspend him for 2 weeks (if they find that they need to). I don't think that a school suspension solves this. This kid does not care about school. He will be playing in the NBA soon enough.

And if the rules are followed (which I'm sure they won't be), he should not be able to make up any of the work that he missed while suspended and I would assume that missing 2 weeks worth of work would put someone under the academic requirements and therefore he would have to miss more games.
Beef Wrote:I never said that the ref was good. I have not followed one HH game this season. Know nothing about them, what their games have been like, who has ref'ed them. My only point was that he has no right to touch a ref. If that happens in a Pro league, the player would be suspended multiple games and fined a huge amount. I think that the WVSSAC should step in here and not go my the schools decision. They should suspend OJ for 4 games (same thing that the school did except it would start tomorrow night) and then the school should also suspend him for 2 weeks (if they find that they need to). I don't think that a school suspension solves this. This kid does not care about school. He will be playing in the NBA soon enough.

And if the rules are followed (which I'm sure they won't be), he should not be able to make up any of the work that he missed while suspended and I would assume that missing 2 weeks worth of work would put someone under the academic requirements and therefore he would have to miss more games.

I agree Beef. That fact is he was ejected from the game BEFORE he bumped the ref due to gettin TWO technical fouls. That is an automatic game suspension (not sure on how many). Just because HHS played the #11 team in the nation the followin game he didn't get suspended. Not they got the #1 team in Kentucky yet he still isn't suspended. They are gonna wait til they get through these tougher games where they know they could get beat WITHOUT him before they issue the suspension. That is not fair, what if another player from a different school gets ejected from a game, I'll bet they will get suspended immediately.

And I doubt any of his teachers are gonna count anything against him, they probably won't even do any assigments will he is out of school.
someone send me a link to the video
Has anyone said what happened to the ref who flopped down to try to earn a paycheck in the future? Pitiful and Ridiculous!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Has anyone said what happened to the ref who flopped down to try to earn a paycheck in the future? Pitiful and Ridiculous!

Whats sad is there not even going to investigate the refs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched the video and all of this is stupid!!