Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 20 Southwestern 8
Final
Lets be honest for a minute here.
Corbin has two possible losses on there schedule left.
Next week against Mayfield which will be there toughest test yet, and maybe an upset from Knox which is highly unlikely, and fading more.

If they get past Mayfield, I think Belfry comes to Corbin in the semis with both teams sitting at 13-0.
Dominating defense by Corbin. Allowed 3 first downs that I can remember. SW scored on a kick return and that was it.
Congrats Hounds! Impressive win.
Very nice job Hounds

Now time to see where you stack up in the discussion of the State's Elite teams against a powerful Mayfield team
I got my Dream game again Corbin 5-0 Mayfield 5-0 and I am 0-3 against mayfield the streak ends next week at Lindsey Wilson......Hound dog are coming mysonis55 and nothing you can do to stop them. Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets be honest for a minute here.
Corbin has two possible losses on there schedule left.
Next week against Mayfield which will be there toughest test yet, and maybe an upset from Knox which is highly unlikely, and fading more.

If they get past Mayfield, I think Belfry comes to Corbin in the semis with both teams sitting at 13-0.

KC cannot beat them. Where is the Mayfield game. If Corbin...I'm coming.
The Corbin/Mayfield series has been played at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia. It's about 2 hours on bus from Corbin and 4 from Mayfield if I recall correctly. I've not been to a game there, but have viewed it from the parkway on my way to Nashville. It is an extremely nice stadium. Top notch for NAIA. Can't wait til Friday.
Didn't know that. That would be a better place to watch. Unfortunately I'm heading to Lexington to watch Cocks & Cats.
KC can and will beat them.
corbins defense is good but don't doubt the panthers but that last game of the year a lot could happen by that time weve done lost one for the year hope both teams can stay healthy
Football1 Wrote:KC can and will beat them.

I have a deal/bet for you...

If KC beats Corbin I'll personally take you and your spouse/significant other to Malone's for a night out...all you can bring. Corbin wins, you do the same. Trust me...You don't want it...lol> :yikes::yikes::popcorn::popcorn: :Beer :Beer
As a Corbin fan, if the Hounds are healthy the Friday leading up to the KC game, I wouldn't mind if the starters didn't even play. No offense to you Panthers, you may feel there is some sort of rivalry there but at that point in the season district play is done and all eyes are on the playoffs and working toward an opportunity to take on Belfry.

That game isn't worth getting a key player hurt. Again, no offense. Z
big time win for the Hounds.

not likely
64SUR Wrote:I got my Dream game again Corbin 5-0 Mayfield 5-0 and I am 0-3 against mayfield the streak ends next week at Lindsey Wilson......Hound dog are coming mysonis55 and nothing you can do to stop them. Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Well, Mayfield is down to their second back. Trajon is out. We also have a tight end out. I still would hate to be the team on the other side trying to stop this offense. And well, the defense is just the defense. Even without Trajon at CB, they are tough. I'm gonna say it will go a lot like last years version. Another words 64, you are 0-4.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, Mayfield is down to their second back. Trajon is out. We also have a tight end out. I still would hate to be the team on the other side trying to stop this offense. And well, the defense is just the defense. Even without Trajon at CB, they are tough. I'm gonna say it will go a lot like last years version. Another words 64, you are 0-4.

What kind of size does Mayfield got this year

KC can beat them. But I'm not ready to say they will just yet. But I do like you enthusiasm and hope your right
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Hounds Corbin have managed to win 3 of their tour of terror games, Central, SW and Danville. Still have Mayfield and Knox. Bell has dropped out of the tour. This schedule will have them ready for the playoffs.
The game will be played at Lindsey Wilson again this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, Mayfield is down to their second back. Trajon is out. We also have a tight end out. I still would hate to be the team on the other side trying to stop this offense. And well, the defense is just the defense. Even without Trajon at CB, they are tough. I'm gonna say it will go a lot like last years version. Another words 64, you are 0-4.

Unbelievable starting with excuses will mayfield even showed up for this one. :lmao:
Southwestern is not the team their fans thought they would be. Like I said earlier in the year they could be the 3rd best team in Pulaski County.
Bigger than last year. 3 of 4 recievers are 6' tall or better. Line is all big boys. And the only excuse I'm gonna have to make 64, is why I forgot to bring you some of our water.
mysonis55 Wrote:Bigger than last year. 3 of 4 recievers are 6' tall or better. Line is all big boys. And the only excuse I'm gonna have to make 64, is why I forgot to bring you some of our water.

Don't need your water corbin drinking a new drink this year Revenges H20 Defense hard soda....:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I got my Dream game again Corbin 5-0 Mayfield 5-0 and I am 0-3 against mayfield the streak ends next week at Lindsey Wilson......Hound dog are coming mysonis55 and nothing you can do to stop them. Confusednicker:
Congrats to Corbin, very impressive win
Hounds going to put a hurting on Mayfield
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
was likely last year but seems like we shut them out at there home field
Maroons Wrote:Southwestern is not the team their fans thought they would be. Like I said earlier in the year they could be the 3rd best team in Pulaski County.

I'm not going to say much. I had been wrong on the Corbin game. Been close on the other games. I'm not a fan on any of the Pulaski teams. I know some kids at SW and PC. I am shocked on their performance so far. But, I still think they're better than PC.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I have a deal/bet for you...

If KC beats Corbin I'll personally take you and your spouse/significant other to Malone's for a night out...all you can bring. Corbin wins, you do the same. Trust me...You don't want it...lol> :yikes::yikes::popcorn::popcorn: :Beer :Beer
That is a great deal. I will take that for sure. Always looking to make new connections with football fans in KY anyway. Lose or win - I win. LOL.
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
Football1 Wrote:That is a great deal. I will take that for sure. Always looking to make new connections with football fans in KY anyway. Lose or win - I win. LOL.

I've never been to Malone's. Can I go? lol