Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville & Paris Updates!
I will post the scores at the end of each quarter to keep everyone up to date.
End of the 1st:

Paris - 18
Tigers - 10

Come on girls let's get it going!
End of 1st... Paris 18 Paintsville 10

LETS GO TIGERS..... TURN IT UP
Half time:

Paris - 29
Tigers - 21

Paris is killing the Lady Tigers on the boards! Kendra isn't doing much of anything either.
I think at one point in the game Paris had 11 Off. Rebs and Paintsville had 0!
Rebounds 1st half:

Paris - 13 Off
9 Def

Paintsvile - 3 Off
7 Def

Gotta do better than that!
Come'on Tigers! Get some defensive rebounds! We'll be fine. I think we can pull this one off if we can cut into that rebound stat.
End of 3rd:

Paris - 33
Tigers - 22

Not looking good. They are shutting Kendra down. They have a chaser on her.
OffTheHook Wrote:End of 3rd:

Paris - 33
Tigers - 22

Not looking good. They are shutting Kendra down. They have a chaser on her.

Thanks OffTheHook, I am sitting on the edge of my seat..........
Paintsville sounds like they are playing horrible. Paris is always a good team though, I think they have just been overmatched today. Pville has come a long way so far this year and I look for good things to come from this team the rest of the season.
Do we have the final?
Final:

Paris - 46
Tigers - 41

They started pressing in the fourth and started coming back. Maybe they should have pressed the whole game. Good Job anyway ladys now get ready for the Districts!
Darn it. Good comeback in the 4th! Head high, Go Tigers.
Proud of you girls!!!! Now come back home and kick some butt in the district!!!
A few stats for everyone:

K. Carroll - 13 pts
Russell - 12 pts 3-3s
Jarrell - 8 pts 2-3s
L.Vanhoose-3 pts 1-3s
Adams - 2 pts

That only adds up to 38 pts. So there was another 3 pts some where. I think Laura may have had them but they didn't say.

Paris:
18 of 48 (1 of 7-3s)
9-25 FT
21 Off Reb
17 Def Reb

Paintsville:
13 of 42 (9 of 13-3s)
8 Off Reb
9 Def Reb

9 TOs
I didn't catch the FT attemps.

Just writing as fatst as I could as they said it. They were in a hurry to leave! LOL!
Nice comeback, when I quit listening with about 4 mins left they were down 14.
No scorin out of Welch. Paintsville can't be successful without some help from their big girl, simple as that.
They never got the ball to the Big Girl. There she was posting up and.... no ball.... Lorrin Welch is doing a great job and will only improve if given the opportunity. Very disappointing play w/ some very poor shot selections.
It never hurts to be able to work the ball around to the open person. Hopefully we'll figure out why there's (5) out there... soon + you can't do anything with unused fouls... so why save them? Stop being so tentative.
Only until they were forced to pass the ball and shoot it, did they have ANY scoring success.
ON THE UPSIDE.... Very well attended by Paintsville fans. All Administration, several if not all, BOE folks, and several Teachers! Even the Boys team came and supported. Walker and Katie Humphrey won the Army national Guard shooting thing @ halftime!
The All "A" is a great thing... the fact the tournament pays for all teams to stay thruout is wonderful! Thank you to the Touchstone Energy Group!!!
lady Tigers.... I LOVE YA.... HAVE A NICE BREAK... COME BACK HOME READY TO FOCUS AND DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO ADVANCE IN DISTRICT PLAY!
:****happens Sorry tigers
IISnakE Wrote:They never got the ball to the Big Girl. There she was posting up and.... no ball.... Lorrin Welch is doing a great job and will only improve if given the opportunity. Very disappointing play w/ some very poor shot selections.
It never hurts to be able to work the ball around to the open person. Hopefully we'll figure out why there's (5) out there... soon + you can't do anything with unused fouls... so why save them? Stop being so tentative.
Only until they were forced to pass the ball and shoot it, did they have ANY scoring success.
ON THE UPSIDE.... Very well attended by Paintsville fans. All Administration, several if not all, BOE folks, and several Teachers! Even the Boys team came and supported. Walker and Katie Humphrey won the Army national Guard shooting thing @ halftime!
The All "A" is a great thing... the fact the tournament pays for all teams to stay thruout is wonderful! Thank you to the Touchstone Energy Group!!!
lady Tigers.... I LOVE YA.... HAVE A NICE BREAK... COME BACK HOME READY TO FOCUS AND DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO ADVANCE IN DISTRICT PLAY!

Well I wasn't there so IDK if they got Welch the ball or not. I do know I heard Spike say her name quite a bit but she just passed right back out.