Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Corbin @ 5A Southwestern 09/16/16
Corbin, too much Cam. By 14
how would this be a upset
T24 Wrote:A lot of people are picking Southwestern to upset the Hounds. I like Corbin in this one. Tough early season schedule has prepared Hounds for a tough game on the Reservation. A lot of people overlooking that Southwestern struggled this weekend with Mercer. Mercer led most of the game and had a chance to win it at the end. Southwestern is a good team and I could see an upset if Corbin was playing a lesser opponent the next week (instead they play Mayfield in a neutral site game after playing Danville). I like the Hounds to win by 10+, but it should be a good game as Southwestern is a good football team and well-coached.

apparently you have no idea what upset means :ChairHit:
adopted purple Wrote:Corbin 28-21. Corbin beat a very good Danville team last week and Southwestern has yet to beat a good team all year...

true story :thatsfunn
adopted purple Wrote:Corbin 28-21. Corbin beat a very good Danville team last week and Southwestern has yet to beat a good team all year...
Just because Mercer, Jeffersonville, and Knox are not in the same class as Bowling Green doesn't mean they are not quality teams. Now take your arrogance and your Purples and :gtfo:
As bad as I hate to say it, this could be a trap game for Corbin. They are coming off a very emotional win against Danville, in which they dominated the game from start to finish, in my opinion. Also, next week the Hounds travel to play Mayfield at Lyndsey Wison, which will be a big match up between two of the top teams in 2A and 3A. With that being said, I look for Corbin to come out a little flat and allow Southwestern to make a game of it in the first half. In the second half, I think Haddix will have them "fired up" and the Hounds will take care of business. Redhounds win 34-21.
Cat Daddy Wrote:As bad as I hate to say it, this could be a trap game for Corbin. They are coming off a very emotional win against Danville, in which they dominated the game from start to finish, in my opinion. Also, next week the Hounds travel to play Mayfield at Lyndsey Wison, which will be a big match up between two of the top teams in 2A and 3A. With that being said, I look for Corbin to come out a little flat and allow Southwestern to make a game of it in the first half. In the second half, I think Haddix will have them "fired up" and the Hounds will take care of business. Redhounds win 34-21.

They won't "allow" Southwestern to do anything.
Cat Daddy Wrote:As bad as I hate to say it, this could be a trap game for Corbin. They are coming off a very emotional win against Danville, in which they dominated the game from start to finish, in my opinion. Also, next week the Hounds travel to play Mayfield at Lyndsey Wison, which will be a big match up between two of the top teams in 2A and 3A. With that being said, I look for Corbin to come out a little flat and allow Southwestern to make a game of it in the first half. In the second half, I think Haddix will have them "fired up" and the Hounds will take care of business. Redhounds win 34-21.
Allow? :omg::getwell:
Warriors 41-34. There will be a bad moon rising over the Redhounds.
Not sure Corbin will be able to match SW physically, as well as SW not being able to match Corbin's speed. Gonna take SW 35-42
jim rome Wrote:South Western has the Mt. Rushmore of Ky. high school football in Edwards, Pruitt, Fannin, and Vaught. Any of the four are deserving of Mr. Football honors. No way Corbin can hang. South Western 42 Corbin 6. Hats off to the Red Dogs for willing to schedule this game, Johnson Central wouldn't.

Mr. Wrong (:1Smile

As usual your post shows you lack of intelligence.
Corbin 36 Southwestern 21
Eagle84 Wrote:Mr. Wrong (:1Smile

As usual your post shows you lack of intelligence.

I'm surprised to see you on here 84. I figured you would be to nervous to post with another tough game Friday. Since you have so much input, why don't you tell your coach to man-up and schedule the Warriors. Until JC plays a game where the opponent actually has a chance to compete don't post anymore, which will be Belfry. I'm surprised Belfry even schedules you, I guess its like a by-week before the playoffs.
I think SW still has some horses in the stable that can beat Corbin. Going with SW 28 Corbin 14.
If Corbin brings anything less than their A game southwestern wins. Even with the A game it'll be a fight.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If Corbin brings anything less than their A game southwestern wins. Even with the A game it'll be a fight.

it will be interesting to see how Corbin makes it through the gauntlet. They already knocked a good Danville team off. I can't wait to see how they do against Southwestern and Mayfield.
pjdoug Wrote:it will be interesting to see how Corbin makes it through the gauntlet. They already knocked a good Danville team off. I can't wait to see how they do against Southwestern and Mayfield.

I agree. Three games in a row that will require maximum effort and intensity. I think it's great for the playoffs because to win it all a team usually has to put together three big games in a row.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree. Three games in a row that will require maximum effort and intensity. I think it's great for the playoffs because to win it all a team usually has to put together three big games in a row.

Yeah. these three tough games in a row will show what they're made of for sure.
Southwestern better not start slow again this week
ky playmaker Wrote:southwestern better not start slow again this week

100%
Hard to judge both teams Southwestern has yet to show up and play 4 quarters and Corbin beat Danville after what appeared to be a let down for Danville after the Boyle game, which one would expect. Danville seemed out of sorts and did not look like the same team as they were against SW or Boyle. Going of last years score of 14-10 SW and the fact that both teams returned most of the starters should be a good game.
Corbin by 15
Is central not part of the gauntlet? They beat central too ya know. I still say the hounds win..... A lot better team speed than last year.
T24 Wrote:A lot of people are picking Southwestern to upset the Hounds. I like Corbin in this one. Tough early season schedule has prepared Hounds for a tough game on the Reservation. A lot of people overlooking that Southwestern struggled this weekend with Mercer. Mercer led most of the game and had a chance to win it at the end. Southwestern is a good team and I could see an upset if Corbin was playing a lesser opponent the next week (instead they play Mayfield in a neutral site game after playing Danville). I like the Hounds to win by 10+, but it should be a good game as Southwestern is a good football team and well-coached.
I don't think the hounds have had the big test yet. Danville was a good team. SW could had won that one as well. Silly mistakes will get you every time. They have Mayfield and that's it for the season. Jackson, Casey, Knox, Whitley, Clay. Central hasn't won a game. Besides 3 games. Its pretty week. I see SW at home coming away with that "W"
If Corbin doesn't turn the ball over they will win this game. SW likes to run the ball too so I expect it to be a short, lower scoring type affair. I'll take Corbin 21 to 7
SW is a big team but the hounds are a lot faster. Speed wins.

Corbin 28
SW 21
ArchieAdams Wrote:SW is a big team but the hounds are a lot faster. Speed wins.

Corbin 28
SW 21
Hounds have numbers, but by no means are they faster....
Don't sell Corbin short. I like both Coaches but Corbin too much with Cam controlling the game. Corbin 28-14.
Hear the game on mvpsportschannel.com pregame at 7:15pm