Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 33 Hazard 15
Final.
Congrats Bunnies
Really a defensive struggle for all of the first quarter with the game tied 0-0 at the end of one, competitive in the second as we went into the half up 13-7, then we scored 20 unanswered in the 3rd to go up 33-7. Hazard scores and gets the 2pt conversion in the 4th to give us the final score.

Somerset's starting QB went down in the first half and then we started to really have success running a Wildcat offense with Doan and Oursler switching out at QB.

Hazard had most of their success running the ball out of the I. Should have been doing it the whole game and it would have been more competitive, their RB is a pretty tough ball player. That's just my opinion though.
Hazard couldn't stop Doan in the wild rabbit..... Somerset got hot to start the 3rd with the big kickoff return for a touchdown...

This is a good loss to learn from for the Bulldogs.. Somerset may of laid an egg against beechwood but I'm sure they improved from last week to this week..

Somerset will contend for the district if not win it...

I like to see hazard stick to the I-form a little more and give that line time to wear the opposin team down...
^Agreed, Hazard was much better out of the I tonight. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.
I hope to see Doan stay healthy this year because he is the difference maker....
Good win for Somerset.
Congratulations Somerset on win last night. I got one question for hazard fans when will hazard get some young Olinger back on the team. I know they are some coming up from middle school. Just curious about what grade they are in. :popcorn:
As good as the offense was in the Wild Hare, this Jumper fan believes the true hero's from last night was the D.. The Dline was just quicker than the huge Dawg Oline at the point of attack, making several stops behind the line for loses. The linebackers, even after losing two starters and the Dbacks were bringing the pain. The Jumper D may need to be known as the Thumpers, as I seen several headgear lost and Dawgs knocked backwards from some vicious hits. Huge win over a very GOOD Dawg squad. District will be interesting to say the least.
I agree with SomeBunny, the defense played great last night, shutting down the Hazard run game until the fourth when the game was over. DB's had the receivers covered as well. I like the THUMPERS! Good nickname. LOL. When QB got hurt, the combination of Doan and Oursler along with some great mix-it-up play calling, got the offense rolling. GO THUMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
shs74 Wrote:I agree with SomeBunny, the defense played great last night, shutting down the Hazard run game until the fourth when the game was over. DB's had the receivers covered as well. I like the THUMPERS! Good nickname. LOL. When QB got hurt, the combination of Doan and Oursler along with some great mix-it-up play calling, got the offense rolling. GO THUMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazard didn't really run that much with smith like they've normally do. But Somersets defense was solid and kept hazard in check. I must say also it was one of the best officiated games I've seen even though I was at home. Two calls I have in question and one was the pass interference on the offense of Hazaed when the DB fell down and looked to be holding on the the reciever... The other was a missed face mask call that hazard got away with..
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard didn't really run that much with smith like they've normally do. But Somersets defense was solid and kept hazard in check. I must say also it was one of the best officiated games I've seen even though I was at home. Two calls I have in question and one was the pass interference on the offense of Hazaed when the DB fell down and looked to be holding on the the reciever... The other was a missed face mask call that hazard got away with..

Agreed on the offensive pass interference that went in our favor, it should have been a no call as both players just got tangled up trying to make a play on the ball. Only difference was the Somerset defender fell down so we got the call. There was one defensive pass interference against us as well that from what I could tell on the livestream seemed to be very uncatchable. Other than that I also thought it was a well called game.
I've seen Doan play he's the real deal I see Someset just getting better each week they might have a little something to say come playoff time
RoShamBo Wrote:Agreed on the offensive pass interference that went in our favor, it should have been a no call as both players just got tangled up trying to make a play on the ball. Only difference was the Somerset defender fell down so we got the call. There was one defensive pass interference against us as well that from what I could tell on the livestream seemed to be very uncatchable. Other than that I also thought it was a well called game.

It doesn't matter if the pass is catchable or not in high school.
Nice bounce back win for Bunnies.
I predicted Somerset winning 35-18 and almost hit it on the nose.