Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince and Halftime
I thought it sucked, JMO though. They need to get Montgomery Gentry, Sinedown, Metallica, Three Doors Down. I have seen them all in concert and they all put on a GREAT show and would be perfect for the Super Bowl. Hey crazytaxidriver, what's wrong with Hank. You think that if he came out there and played "All My Rowdy Friends" that the crowd wouldn't go NUTS, shoot. The Super Bowl fans would love Hank.
Redneck Wrote:I thought it sucked, JMO though. They need to get Montgomery Gentry, Sinedown, Metallica, Three Doors Down. I have seen them all in concert and they all put on a GREAT show and would be perfect for the Super Bowl. Hey crazytaxidriver, what's wrong with Hank. You think that if he came out there and played "All My Rowdy Friends" that the crowd wouldn't go NUTS, shoot. The Super Bowl fans would love Hank.

Maybe the fans from the deep hills of Appalachia.Smile

Come on folks, the only reason some of you werent entertained is because you went into this halftime show expecting to be upset. You know it, and i know it. Prince is a legend... It was glorious when he was singing Purple Rain with the rain falling all over him, and then the sheet was awesome. But my favorite part was the Prince guitar, how awesome was that thing?
corndog23 Wrote:Maybe the fans from the deep hills of Appalachia.Smile

Come on folks, the only reason some of you werent entertained is because you went into this halftime show expecting to be upset. You know it, and i know it. Prince is a legend... It was glorious when he was singing Purple Rain with the rain falling all over him, and then the sheet was awesome. But my favorite part was the Prince guitar, how awesome was that thing?

Your crazy corndog. Hank sells out EVERY concert EVERYWHERE he goes, no matter where it is.

And no I didn't like the halftime show just because I didn't like it, had nothin to do with expectin to be upset. I don't like Prince, never have. He sounds like a girl half the time and dresses like a douche bag. The only good thing about Prince is he can play the hell out of a guitar.
It was better than the last few!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I thought I would be a horrible show but, I really enjoyed it. The show before the game sucked!
Hank wouldn't get the crowd into it. I've saw Hank in concert. I don't even like country music and I tried it out with a friend. If he was playing the Teco Bowl or something he may have the crowd into it but the Superbowl fans aren't exactly like NASCAR fans... I would pick anyone BUT Hank to do the half time show.

It would be safe to say no Jehovah Witnesses should be allowed to perform at halftime of any game.Isnt prince a hovi?
What on EARTH does religion have to do with performing the show? Are you complaining about his choice of songs that night or what? And yes, he is a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS, not a Hovi.

I was expecting Little Red Corvette, or hoping for it. Or maybe even When the Doves Cry. I didnt like the songs choice at all.
cards_athlete Wrote:I was expecting Little Red Corvette, or hoping for it. Or maybe even When the Doves Cry. I didnt like the songs choice at all.

Same here