Poll: Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
46.15%
Pikeville
53.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
That so called "soft line" has two of the strongest pound for pound lineman in class A. And had starting center out and a guard who played for the first time this last week. Beat a prestonsburg team whose known for the d lineman and just beat a 5A Dline that is better than any d line Paintsville has faced. So your point about being soft is ridiculous and believe me when this line is healthy which they are this week you don't wanna go poking the beasts.

Ps y'all called Pikevilles oline SAWFT last year (November) and got punched in the mouth over and over and over.
PHSFAN Wrote:I watched the game on WYMT's website live feed and they showed the visitor sideline clearly from the camera view because the camera was on top of the press box I guess but you really could not hardly see the Pikeville sideline ... I knew that had to be wrong though and it had to be at least 40... Hopefully we can end up with close to 50 here soon.

When all is said and done, should be around 53 by my count. I agree with what jp said about the multiple backs and several good doses of Blake Charles, then we will see a different offensive animal as the season develops.
Mastadon89 and over and over and over and over.......andoverandoverandoverandover again. Run through a mufs face.

As always this will be a good game. As always this will come down to who can control the LOS, make big plays when they count and avoid game changing turnovers I.e first game last year. And, as always will be about who makes the best adjustments at halftime. Soon enough we will see how suspect Pikeville O-Line and run game are. Wink wink. If Pikevilles run game gets going who will stop it. Has Paintsville played a team that can move the ball for 8 minutes. #Hail
Mastadon89 Wrote:That so called "soft line" has two of the strongest pound for pound lineman in class A. And had starting center out and a guard who played for the first time this last week. Beat a prestonsburg team whose known for the d lineman and just beat a 5A Dline that is better than any d line Paintsville has faced. So your point about being soft is ridiculous and believe me when this line is healthy which they are this week you don't wanna go poking the beasts.

Ps y'all called Pikevilles oline SAWFT last year (November) and got punched in the mouth over and over and over.

The ones talking about Pikeville's Oline aren't Paintsville guys. Paintsville knows exactly what they are up against, and I can assure you they are not preparing for a "soft" Oline. It's gonna be a fist fight and the LOS is gonna be key for both teams.
47dressed for Paintsville last week.
Paintsville's starting defense has looked pretty solid the last two weeks. Offense looked good at times but you can't really tell against the weak defenses they have played. On offense they have the best center in eastern KY and when they click no one can stop them. I've not seen Pikeville yet so I won't make a prediction until I see the tape.
Paintsville is weak and not very good. They have played Frankfort and Sheldon Clark please!!!!!! Johnson Central JV team gets beat by Pikeville 44-12 this Friday LOL.
Pikeville-35
Paintsville-21

I do not think either team has a great defense when playing a decent offense, so it may be a shootout.
Frankfort was preseason #8 in class A. I got 50 bills that says Pikeville can't score 44 on Paintsville. You want to put your money where your mouth is Ballbuster?
BigMelon63 Wrote:Paintsville's starting defense has looked pretty solid the last two weeks. Offense looked good at times but you can't really tell against the weak defenses they have played. On offense they have the best center in eastern KY and when they click no one can stop them. I've not seen Pikeville yet so I won't make a prediction until I see the tape.

Confusednicker:

Beat 2 JV teams and now no one can stop them? Paintsville only managed 120 total yards from scrimmage in the playoffs vs Pikeville last year. Yes, they can be stopped.TongueirateSho

Glad you're back BigMelon!!!!!!!!!Confusedinglepar
You got 50 bills or 50 dollars? Johnson Central JV team will not slow Pikeville down. When all the kids they have on the sideline gets the ok to play everyone better lookout!
I'm taking the Phelps brothers and Paintsville on the road in a close one. 34-28
$50. Last year is in the film cans. Both teams look pretty well matched. I don't see a blow out either way. Paintsville in a close one. I'll have to give the edge in speed and size to Paintsville. Pikeville better find a consistent running game to score.
Tigers 21
Panthers 16
I don't understand the Johnson Central JV team reference. Can you enlighten me there Ballbuster?
May just be me, but its a bit early to be showin ya hole cards just yet 😎 Would be cautious of makin to many "soft" assumptions about the Panther O-line or the D-line for that matter. Everyone has a bad week. Just sayin........ Food for thought 😜
I doubt anyone can enlighten you Big Melon, you already know everything.
Best of luck to both teams and I hope for injury free game. GO Pikeville!
I don't know everything. Just a lot more than you Ballbuster. Go Tigers!!!
What's wrong Ballbuster, have you been sick? We're going into our 3rd game of the season and you haven't said a word in any of our game threads until now. I'm disappointed, I was expecting you and few of the other crybabies to be on all of our threads trolling, whining about transfers.
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker:

Beat 2 JV teams and now no one can stop them? Paintsville only managed 120 total yards from scrimmage in the playoffs vs Pikeville last year. Yes, they can be stopped.TongueirateSho

Glad you're back BigMelon!!!!!!!!!Confusedinglepar

Last year doesn't matter. New year to talk smack.
I can't believe this is the game of the week..
Are the players from Betsy Layne eligible yet?
bac2369 Wrote:I can't believe this is the game of the week..

Isn't is what I meant to say..
bac2369 Wrote:Last year doesn't matter. New year to talk smack.

Only to the people who lost.:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:Only to the people who lost.:devilflam

True but you didn't get the same result from Letcher game you were looking for?
bac2369 Wrote:True but you didn't get the same result from Letcher game you were looking for?

Looking for domination and got it. Sloppy game played at midnight. Looking forward to how good Pikeville can be when it starts to come together. Plus there are only 6 teams in all of Class A that can play a lick.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:Looking for domination and got it. Sloppy game played at midnight. Looking forward to how good Pikeville can be when it starts to come together. Plus there are only 6 teams in all of Class A that can play a lick.:popcorn:

Defense was dominant... but Letchers offense was not good enough to base it for sure. Offense- the passing game looks good but the run game will need to improve...

How are the injuried because I saw a few from the game,,,,
First, glad to see floppy melons back :1: second if anyone thinks Pikeville showed anything vs Letcher you're nuts. Pikeville didn't care as long as it was a win no matter the score. Those guys are smart and also know who cares who wins Friday, big picture is playoffs. It's really like a game to see the future gameplan
Ballbuster Wrote:Paintsville is weak and not very good. They have played Frankfort and Sheldon Clark please!!!!!! Johnson Central JV team gets beat by Pikeville 44-12 this Friday LOL.

How do you know how "weak" Paintsville is or how good they are? Did your die hard JC buddy RIPKEN tell you that, since he has been at our first two games. What's he been doing, scouting us, or did Jim piss off another one of his "good buddies"
Redneck Wrote:How do you know how "weak" Paintsville is or how good they are? Did your die hard JC buddy RIPKEN tell you that, since he has been at our first two games. What's he been doing, scouting us, or did Jim piss off another one of his "good buddies"

What is this you speak of neck ? I'm out the loop
bobcats#1fan Wrote:Are the players from Betsy Layne eligible yet?

How many players did they get from there?.