•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Republican party.
TheRealThing Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

Me thinks thou doth protest too much. :eyeroll: All I was saying is that Seger may be a lot of things, but he's not guilty of keyboard courage. Therefore, and though my color commentary was a joke, you're inference was just a tad ridiculous.

Tell you something else about Seger....he doesn't make a second account so that he can use it to troll. If he disagrees, he will say so and you know it comes from Bob Seger. With some who post on here, they like the added insulation of a pseudonym.
And possibly, the one's with the troll accounts are not quite as clever about it as they suppose. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys just can't take it that not everyone is a knuckle dragging right wing nut job. So you claim their are fake accounts. So original.
catdoggy Wrote:You guys just can't take it that not everyone is a knuckle dragging right wing nut job. So you claim their are fake accounts. So original.

what?

You think that I want everyone to be a "knuckle dragging right wing nut job"?

I'm not even sure what that means!
:Shaking:
Granny Bear Wrote:what?

You think that I want everyone to be a "knuckle dragging right wing nut job"?

I'm not even sure what that means!

:Shaking:

That's alright Granny, he doesn't either.Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

Tell you something else about Seger....he doesn't make a second account so that he can use it to troll. If he disagrees, he will say so and you know it comes from Bob Seger. With some who post on here, they like the added insulation of a pseudonym.

Ah, Granny. What say you, dear? Charles Manson and HRC the same? Hillary = Lucifer? Liberals = Satan?

Maybe you'll answer:. Was Martin Luther King, Jr. a devil worshiper?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Granny Bear]

Ah, Granny. What say you, dear? Charles Manson and HRC the same? Hillary = Lucifer? Liberals = Satan?

Maybe you'll answer:. Was Martin Luther King, Jr. a devil worshiper?

Charles Manson and HRC share some qualities, and they don't share some other qualities. As far as Hillary and Lucifer; Liberals and Satan are concerned..the Liberals have some beliefs that I find fundamentally wrong. I find them in direct opposition of what I interpret the Bible to say. So satanic would not be a stretch if I wanted to describe them.

I don't believe MLK was a devil worshiper but I can't prove it.

These are just my opinions.
Granny Bear Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

Charles Manson and HRC share some qualities, and they don't share some other qualities. As far as Hillary and Lucifer; Liberals and Satan are concerned..the Liberals have some beliefs that I find fundamentally wrong. I find them in direct opposition of what I interpret the Bible to say. So satanic would not be a stretch if I wanted to describe them.

I don't believe MLK was a devil worshiper but I can't prove it.

These are just my opinions.

Thank you for answering. Here's the thing: HRC is a flawed candidate, just how deeply flawed depends on the eye of the beholder. DJT? Same.

It seems odd to me that saying, "Hillary Clinton is not Lucifer" is interpreted as defending her. It seems odd to me that saying, "Hillary Clinton is not the same as Charles Manson," is viewed as supporting her.

Thank you for answering. Here's the thing: HRC is a flawed candidate, just how deeply flawed depends on the eye of the beholder. DJT? Same.

It seems odd to me that saying, "Hillary Clinton is not Lucifer" is interpreted as defending her. It seems odd to me that saying, "Hillary Clinton is not the same as Charles Manson," is viewed as supporting her.

But then again, jellyfish stand for nothing, right?

Since we are in the thanking mood for someone answering questions, once again, give some evidence to dispute each claim.....Come on Travota, show Granny how you're not a hypocrite.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

But then again, jellyfish stand for nothing, right?

Since we are in the thanking mood for someone answering questions, once again, give some evidence to dispute each claim.....Come on Travota, show Granny how you're not a hypocrite.

How about Mohammed Ali. American hero?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

How about Mohammed Ali. American hero?

What ARE you blabbering about now?
How about Elie Wiesel? Credit to the human race?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How about Elie Wiesel? Credit to the human race?

What about them?
Yeah, what about them?

Mohammed Ali: American hero?
Rosa Parks: American heroine?
Elie Wiesel: Credit to the human race?

Eh, never mind. We know where we stand.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Yeah, what about them?

Mohammed Ali: American hero?
Rosa Parks: American heroine?
Elie Wiesel: Credit to the human race?

Eh, never mind. We know where we stand.

If you are asking if Ali was an American hero?...To me he was a great boxer, but was a draft dodger and a coward...What did he ever do to be considered a hero?...Put on a pair of boxing gloves? .I loved to watch his fights , but I never did admire him other than for being a great boxer.

But what has that got to do with Manson/Clinton?
[quote=Bob Seger]If you are asking if Ali was an American hero...To me he was a great boxer, but was a draft dodger...What did he ever do to be considered a hero?....I loved to watch his fights , but I never did admire him other than for being a great boxer.[/QUOTE

"Hero" usually requires great sacrifice or risk for a noble cause.
I think Ali meets that criterion.
Remember the barber shop scene in "Coming to America"???
Confusednicker:

"His momma named him Clay....I'm calling him Clay"
I would NOT classify Ali as an American hero.

Rosa Parks was a brave, humble woman who stood up against some pretty substantial odds, for what she believed to be right.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]If you are asking if Ali was an American hero...To me he was a great boxer, but was a draft dodger...What did he ever do to be considered a hero?....I loved to watch his fights , but I never did admire him other than for being a great boxer.[/QUOTE

"Hero" usually requires great sacrifice or risk for a noble cause.
I think Ali meets that criterion.

What great sacrifice?...To sit in prison rather than fight for his country? Is that Noble?...What ever your own thoughts were of being involved in the Vietnam War is immaterial..What about those who die to defend his right to be a coward, to run his mouth, and to be an entertainer..Those are the real heros, and those are the ones who sacrifice all!!...Ali sacrificed nothing.
Granny Bear Wrote:Remember the barber shop scene in "Coming to America"???
Confusednicker:

"His momma named him Clay....I'm calling him Clay"

Classic!!

No, now Trump is not the same, as you say. The Hillary press are making that case to be sure, but while they will and do run an above the fold exposé on Trump based on an aside, or 27 unnamed sources for example, Hillary's shenanigans go by without mention. If you can be honest enough, just imagine what the press would be doing if the scandals which have beset the Clinton camp had actually hit the Trump camp instead? It would defy words and you know it. Trump's gaffes put together do not come anywhere near the bru-ha-ha surrounding the Clinton Foundation. And Julian Assange says he's not done yet either.

Supposedly Trump "went after" a gold star family. But the truth is they were hired to come and speak at the DNC and they were given a prepared script to read in order to do a hit job on Donald Trump. Though it was political theater at best, it none the less worked to perfection and provided Hillary with the bounce she still rides to this day. I saw the same thing go down with Mitt Romney, just different circumstances. To the left, no lie should lie untold.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, now Trump is not the same, as you say. The Hillary press are making that case to be sure, but while they will and do run an above the fold exposé on Trump based on an aside, or 27 unnamed sources for example, Hillary's shenanigans go by without mention. If you can be honest enough, just imagine what the press would be doing if the scandals which have beset the Clinton camp had actually hit the Trump camp instead? It would defy words and you know it. Trump's gaffes put together do not come anywhere near the bru-ha-ha surrounding the Clinton Foundation. And Julian Assange says he's not done yet either.

Supposedly Trump "went after" a gold star family. But the truth is they were hired to come and speak at the DNC and they were given a prepared script to read in order to do a hit job on Donald Trump. Though it was political theater at best, it none the less worked to perfection and provided Hillary with the bounce she still rides to this day. I saw the same thing go down with Mitt Romney, just different circumstances. To the left, no lie should lie untold.
I wonder how much Clinton Foundation money was funneled to the gold star family?

"in the eye of the beholder"
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

Now if you want to talk about a hero, lets talk about Ted Williams...
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]I wonder how much Clinton Foundation money was funneled to the gold star family?

LOL, I left out some of the details on the Kahn family. Their loss was horrific and honorable, and they are to be supported not castigated. But, that does not change the fact their loss was politicized and used by the Dems to wound Mr Trump as deeply as possible.

Captain Khan's death for example, happened over 12 years ago back in 2004 under W's watch. The only reason Dems asked his still grieving parents to the DNC was to highlight Trump's stand on ILLEGAL immigration. The elder Khan's charge that his son would not have even been allowed in America is way off base. Trump wants to stop terrorists from illegally entering the US, not folks like the Khans who are US citizens. Still, when one's own son has given his all to his country I am certain any red blooded father would be every bit as zealous to attack anyone who was seen to be in any way critical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're wrong. I saw and heard the things I wrote about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:I would NOT classify Ali as an American hero.

Rosa Parks was a brave, humble woman who stood up against some pretty substantial odds, for what she believed to be right.

I think Rosa Parks viewed Mohammed Ali as a hero.

You're wrong. I saw and heard the things I wrote about.

I have refrained from the long list of DJT's "detractor sheet." I don't think he gets a pass on it by saying, "I'm a businessman.". These things were seen and heard as well. If I vote for HRC, it won't be because she's virtuous and squeaky clean. Same if I vote for DJT. In my view, this is not a race where the choice for either major party candidate is a "gimme.". I do not believe Hillary is Lucifer, nor do I believe Trump is a racist. Many issues make me very reluctant to vote for Hillary. Many concerns give me much pause in voting for Trump. I am trying to listen carefully to what each candidate says and to avoid the ancillary source material that simply engages in the politics of personal destruction.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think Rosa Parks viewed Mohammed Ali as a hero.
Well Whoop-ti-doo.

I don't.

I have refrained from the long list of DJT's "detractor sheet." I don't think he gets a pass on it by saying, "I'm a businessman.". These things were seen and heard as well. If I vote for HRC, it won't be because she's virtuous and squeaky clean. Same if I vote for DJT. In my view, this is not a race where the choice for either major party candidate is a "gimme.". I do not believe Hillary is Lucifer, nor do I believe Trump is a racist. Many issues make me very reluctant to vote for Hillary. Many concerns give me much pause in voting for Trump. I am trying to listen carefully to what each candidate says and to avoid the ancillary source material that simply engages in the politics of personal destruction.

Nah, you'll never leave the Gloria La Riva camp.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next