Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook going from Mercer to GRC
Per WKYT. Interesting leaving a program he had great success with this past year and still should be near top of 12th again this year
Money talks.
Me think classless move by GRC. Coach decisions normally made at end of season. If not mistaken, Humphry need be told he not coming back by July 1st. If not case then Humphry entitled to coaching pay regardless if coaching or not.

Old Indian Proverb: Something done at the wrong time should be regarded as not done.
Steve Wright to Mercer????
I think Steve Wright has taken an assistant job at the college level if I'm not mistaken
Scott humphrys to Mercer County
Not sure where Derek Springate is now days but he would be a great hire for Mercer County. He had good success at Henry County and hasn't appeared since then. He always was interested in the Mercer County position.
Josh Hamlin would be a good hire. Been there last couple of years. Also on staff at GRC when they went to semis. Played point on Corbin team that won region. He is an up and comer.
I may be wroug but wasnt they a kid on Mercer's team thats dad is the AD GRC.
I don't know why cook would leave but I guess money does talk. if he hadn't called the worst time out in state tournament history then mercer would have won that game and had a shot at a state title.
Any word on the hiring process. Never good to hire a coach after the school year has begun.
The talk around Clark Co. is that his family is the main reason form leaving Mercer. Opportunity to be at a good school near his wife's family. Not sure about the A.D. but I believe he lives in Richmond KY.