Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunbar 82 Shelby Valley 72
Final.
Not seeing the game I'd say this was a good showing for SV traveling to Dunbar. Not a terrible beat.
congrats to Valley on keepin it a good game!
alleycat53 Wrote:Not seeing the game I'd say this was a good showing for SV traveling to Dunbar. Not a terrible beat.

Valley was up by 12 at one point in the 1st half, but Dunbar got back in it.

For Valley, Jacob Bryant had 18, Ashley Hatfield had 14, and Logan Bryant had 11. Valley had 18 turnovers and Dunbar had 21. Dunbar outrebounded them 33-31.

Not a bad showing, but it would have been great to bring home at least one victory from the weekend. That will make it all that much harder tomorrow against what I would presume to be a much better Warren Central team.
Looks like the big city talent was too much for the Globetrotters to overcome.
venom93 Wrote:Looks like the big city talent was too much for the Globetrotters to overcome.

gosh ur funny..not..

I would love to see a rematch of this game,but this time at valley!!
venom93 Wrote:Looks like the big city talent was too much for the Globetrotters to overcome.

I'm going to take the bait and respond to this ridiculous post. If Curly Neal hadn't missed the bus, Valley/Globetrotters may have won.

:thatsfunn thats funny!
NYY10 Wrote:gosh ur funny..not..

I would love to see a rematch of this game,but this time at valley!!

Why? You have to realize that without a legitmate D1 player, it will be tough for the undersized Globetrotters to beat a good Lexington or Louisville school. The Trotters may whip up on David and Piarst, but even a down big city school is too much for them.
Guys, Valley just lost by 10 points to PLD! Give credit where credit is due! Best of luck Valley the rest of the way!
Good effort Valley! Good game.

Paintsville lost by 10 both times they played in Lexington this year too. On another night, either SV or Paintsville may have won. But at least both schools competed well against the Lex. teams. So we know that so far this season SV and Paintsville - the top two 15th Region favorites (at this point so as not to offend anyone) - have played 3 of the 5 Lex. schools and only lost by 10 each time. Not bad IMO.

I can get along with you Valley posters now that you don't act so arrogant! And it makes it a lot easier to support SV too!!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm going to take the bait and respond to this ridiculous post. If Curly Neal hadn't missed the bus, Valley/Globetrotters may have won.

Next thing you know you will blame the loss on not playing with a multi-colored ball.
Congrats Dunbar.
venom93 Wrote:Next thing you know you will blame the loss on not playing with a multi-colored ball.

:thatsfunn Couldn't help but laugh at that one!
EKY Sportster Wrote::thatsfunn Couldn't help but laugh at that one!

Yeah, I have to say that actually was pretty funny. But who knows, they may have.
How did Justice do?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How did Justice do?

The parent I talked to said he had a good game as far as controlling the game and defensively, but didn't score many. The funny thing is that he can dominate a game and never score a point, and he is the type of kid that any coach would feel lucky to have.
Congrats dunbar
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How did Justice do?

I was there and he really dominated the first half. He took the ball from their guards at least 5 times in the first half. His brother really played well tonight. Jacob Bryant played well tonight and then twisted his ankle at the end of the first half and that really hurt them. He played half speed the rest of the way. Either way Valley played well and it makes you wonder how they ere beaten by Hazard and Hazard was beaten by PLD by 40. Oh well,that is basketball I guess.
Congrats Dunbar.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Valley was up by 12 at one point in the 1st half, but Dunbar got back in it.

Up by 12 in the 1st half and got beat by 10? Did Tubby Smith give the half time speech to the Valley team?
venom93 Wrote:Up by 12 in the 1st half and got beat by 10? Did Tubby Smith give the half time speech to the Valley team?

Sounds like it. My nerves can't take many more losses like the Georgia game.
HazzBeen Wrote:I was there and he really dominated the first half. He took the ball from their guards at least 5 times in the first half. His brother really played well tonight. Jacob Bryant played well tonight and then twisted his ankle at the end of the first half and that really hurt them. He played half speed the rest of the way. Either way Valley played well and it makes you wonder how they ere beaten by Hazard and Hazard was beaten by PLD by 40. Oh well,that is basketball I guess.

I wanted to go to this game, but couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go that far. How did Valley look overall? Did they play better than they had been lately?

Also, did you hear any talk at the game about how Goodson is doing? Is he out for just a few weeks, or the rest of the year?
Shelby Valley played pretty good, and didn't get out of it until about 2 minutes to go in the game. PLD hit their free-throws down the stretch.

A couple of horrible calls in this game really shifted momentum. An intentional foul on Logan Bryant got Dunbar back into it, and one time a Dunbar player pulled down the rebound, walked, then stepped out of bounds and then called a time out which was given to them.

Just seemed pretty one sided to me, and I never have any complaints about officials.

Either way, this is the same team that blew the doors off of Hazard earlier this season, and Shelby Valley was without Kyle Goodson but led for most of the game. It's good to see teams like Shelby Valley and Paintsville playing right with some of these Lexington schools.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Also, did you hear any talk at the game about how Goodson is doing? Is he out for just a few weeks, or the rest of the year?

I heard 4 weeks.
alfus21 Wrote:I heard 4 weeks.

I hope that's true. I love to watch him play, and he gives them a lot better shot at playing with some of the more athletic teams around the state.

Get well soon, Kyle.
It doesn't really matter how long Kyle is out. Booher doesn't like the kid, and that is shown by the limited playing time he was receiving all season long. With Kyle's talent, he would be starting at any other 15th region team easily, Booher is just preparing for the future. Kyle changes the game while he is on the court, but I guess some coaches are just set before the year on what they are going to do.
Congrats to Dunbar and wish valley good luck in their next game against #7 ranked Warren Central
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:It doesn't really matter how long Kyle is out. Booher doesn't like the kid, and that is shown by the limited playing time he was receiving all season long. With Kyle's talent, he would be starting at any other 15th region team easily, Booher is just preparing for the future. Kyle changes the game while he is on the court, but I guess some coaches are just set before the year on what they are going to do.

Of all the kids I have ever coached, I enjoyed watching Kyle play more than any. Not that he was necessarily the best, but he played harder than any other. When he is on the floor, exciting and amazing things just seem to happen. His athletic ability brings something to SV that no one else on the team has.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Of all the kids I have ever coached, I enjoyed watching Kyle play more than any. Not that he was necessarily the best, but he played harder than any other. When he is on the floor, exciting and amazing things just seem to happen. His athletic ability brings something to SV that no one else on the team has.

I couldnt agree more...

but it sounds like Valley had a good showing.. but a replay of what happened in the Hazard game.. they had a great chance to win.. but cudnt pull it out...
Valley needs to work on thier 4th quarter game... both the players and the coach...

Good luck tomorrow.. youll need it