Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican National Convention
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Absolutely not: but that is a matter I do not feel compelled to disclose, as it is not germane to this or any other debate. Also, I respond as I have time.

I am not trying to bash the Koch brothers. I am simply suggesting that they, like Soros, give A LOT of money, and expect a return on investment. Of course they have a certain viewppint on America, as does Soros. And, you and I most likely are closer in worldview to one or the other. I wouldn't think specifics needed, as just a bit of research confirms both Soros and Koch brothers are Big Money power players who can pick up a phone and get through to a McConnell or a Biden or a Ryan, or even the President himself.

Then why doesn't the likes of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden,or Barack Obama indicate their likewise disgust to the "philanthropy" of George Soros if their is no difference?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Absolutely not: but that is a matter I do not feel compelled to disclose, as it is not germane to this or any other debate. Also, I respond as I have time.

I am not trying to bash the Koch brothers. I am simply suggesting that they, like Soros, give A LOT of money, and expect a return on investment. Of course they have a certain viewppint on America, as does Soros. And, you and I most likely are closer in worldview to one or the other. I wouldn't think specifics needed, as just a bit of research confirms both Soros and Koch brothers are Big Money power players who can pick up a phone and get through to a McConnell or a Biden or a Ryan, or even the President himself.

IDK, maybe it's just me in thinking that if one is able to feel secure about being publicly critical of one that is not his personal choice of a candidate, then he should also be secure in proudly proclaiming what the appealing qualities and views of his noble candidate of choice would be....I would think that if one is sold on his choice, that he would promote and publicize them as much as possible. In my view, it would give his audience a better perspective on where he may be coming from when offering his perspective.

Out of the box thinking, I know.
64SUR Wrote:Granny Bear the republican had to begged the Donald to run as a republican instead of a Independent or you guys and gals would have been cheering For Cruz tonight. Confusednicker: and Granny Bear :loveya:I'm not assassinating Nobody thank god John Kerry never use 911 victim family when he was running president. :igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:Vote Hillary

SUR, I love you, too. Next to my husband, you are my favorite Democrat!!!

I don't believe the Republicans begged Donald Trump to run on that ticket; otherwise, they wouldn't have spent so much money to derail him. I'm glad his momentum was too high for them to do that.

At one point in time Cruz was my first choice. I am very disappointed in him.
Granny Bear Wrote:SUR, I love you, too. Next to my husband, you are my favorite Democrat!!!

I don't believe the Republicans begged Donald Trump to run on that ticket; otherwise, they wouldn't have spent so much money to derail him. I'm glad his momentum was too high for them to do that.

At one point in time Cruz was my first choice. I am very disappointed in him.

Ditto

Not thinking that I am fully buying that...Way to much appearance of picking and choosing, ducking and diving, and twisting and spinning.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]Saying one is not an expert or authority on someone is a way of speaking with humility instead of cocksure hubris. I have read after Soros a bit, but I'm no expert. Calling a man a liar is serious business. Tread carefully.[/QUOTE

A man that exhibits the tendency to not twist and spin either his statements or that of another, generally doesn't have very much to worry about when it comes to what another mans perception may be. And further, he should have no reason to be defensive about what he may consider as being "serious business" if he indeed does not have a narrative that he is trying to spin and distort....You agree with that?

It is serious if you are a believer to call another believer a liar. Barack Obama is no terrorist sympathizer. To say otherwise is spin. The Koch brothers are of the same breed as George Soros. To say otherwise is spin. I am speaking plainly enoug; you just don't agree.
Bob Seger Wrote:IDK, maybe it's just me in thinking that if one is able to feel secure about being publicly critical of one that is not his personal choice of a candidate, then he should also be secure in proudly proclaiming what the appealing qualities and views of his noble candidate of choice would be....I would think that if one is sold on his choice, that he would promote and publicize them as much as possible. In my view, it would give his audience a better perspective on where he may be coming from when offering his perspective.

Out of the box thinking, I know.

"It is a fundamental human right, a power bestowed by the nature of things, that each person should worship according to his or her own convictions, free from compulsion." -Tertullian

That's one big anchor point for me in terms of my appreciation of our Constitution.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"It is a fundamental human right, a power bestowed by the nature of things, that each person should worship according to his or her own convictions, free from compulsion." -Tertullian

That's one big anchor point for me in terms of my appreciation of our Constitution.

huh? And that what to do with debating politics on a message board with a bunch of fellow hacks?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

It is serious if you are a believer to call another believer a liar. Barack Obama is no terrorist sympathizer. To say otherwise is spin. The Koch brothers are of the same breed as George Soros. To say otherwise is spin. I am speaking plainly enoug; you just don't agree.

No sir, they are not...Not even remotely in the same strtatosphere..

George Soros is a major funder of organizations that promote domestic terrorism, civil unrest, criminal violence, and all other forms of immoral activity.

Have you ever watched Megyn Kelly's interview of Charles Koch? Youtube it and then tell me that they are in line with the evil that George Soros spews, funds, and endorses.

No, what you are doing is talking and not even listening to what you are saying. Or maybe you are just trying to cleverly disguise a bunch of jibber jabber and thinking that it is camouflage enough to distract from you either not answering a question directly or spinning it.
Please excuse all of my typos.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

No sir, they are not...Not even remotely in the same strtatosphere..

George Soros is a major funder of organizations that promote domestic terrorism, civil unrest, criminal violence, and all other forms of immoral activity.

Have you ever watched Megyn Kelly's interview of Charles Koch? Youtube it and then tell me that they are in line with the evil that George Soros spews, funds, and endorses.

No, what you are doing is talking and not even listening to what you are saying. Or maybe you are just trying to cleverly disguise a bunch of jibber jabber and thinking that it is camouflage enough to distract from you either not answering a question directly or spinning it.

You will have to dig deeper than Megyn Kelly's interview to get out of the spin zone. "Soros all bad: Koch brothers all good." Sophomoric.
Bob Seger Wrote:huh? And that what to do with debating politics on a message board with a bunch of fellow hacks?

It is a reason America is great: religious liberty, respect for freedom of conscience.

You will have to dig deeper than Megyn Kelly's interview to get out of the spin zone. "Soros all bad: Koch brothers all good." Sophomoric.

I've posted a link or two in which investigative reporting revealed that Soros hires protestors. He's been doing it since Barack came to power, and only the willfully ignorant could not connect the dots between the Weather Underground and the George Soros funded civil unrest here in this good land. Soros is connected to dozens of anti American websites and shady telecommunications outlets in which traditional American values are mocked while conservatives and Republicans are made to look like idiots.

Now, clear me up on this matter, what evil are the Koch's associated with?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh grow up with the sophomoric bullshit...So, in other words you didn't see the interview?

Oh grow up with the sophomoric bullshit...So, in other words you didn't see the interview?

Didn't mean to walk on you Bob. Soros ought to be public enemy number one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:It is a reason America is great: religious liberty, respect for freedom of conscience.
So you're going to dodge this one with more jibbar jabber that doesn't even apply to the subject matter again. No body cares about your religious preferences or anything like that ...Just wondered why you were ashamed to designate who the candidate that you support is? It wasn't required of you to go through some big riggamaro involving stuff like religious freedom, the constitution, blah, blah, blah.....Good grief Sombreo, cant you just answer a simple question like most normal people do? :eyeroll:
Muslim prayers, promotion of transgender rights, yep, the GOP really looks to be displaying top notch values. Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

Didn't mean to walk on you Bob. Soros ought to be public enemy number one.

Ah, you're fine TRT.

The truth is that George Soros is genuinely not only one of the most evil men in this country, but in the entire world....You cant even bring up the subject of George Soros and include the Koch Bros...The only thing similar is that they both have a whole lot of money.
I was thinking of Cruz's non endorsement the other night, and into my head popped into some of the stuff that happened in the 2000 primary. I was a McCain supporter that cycle. I hated W. McCain had an adopted child who had dark skin. In the South Carolina primary, W supporters spread McCain family photos throughout SC in a blatant attempt to arouse racist sentiments against McCain. It worked. W won the primary and the nomination. I was furious.

Somehow, McCain managed to get over this and support the nominee of the party, George Bush. McCain got over this attack on his family (Although I must admit, I did not).

This was far worse than any attack Cruz's family suffered during the campaign. McCain was big enough to support the nominee he must have personally hated. Cruz, unfortunately, was very small.
^ And that's also why McCain isn't taken seriously at all. He has no backbone as a politician. Part of the reason that we have Donald Trump.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

Ah, you're fine TRT.

The truth is that George Soros is genuinely not only one of the most evil men in this country, but in the entire world....You cant even bring up the subject of George Soros and include the Koch Bros...The only thing similar is that they both have a whole lot of money.

They both have a whole lot of money, and they both use it homing pigeon style. Which is exactly how I began. The Koch patriarch associated with John Birch Society, and was in speeches quite anti-semitic, and also got caught up in McCarthyism. "George Soros bad: Koch brothers good" is just simply to simplistic.

They both have a whole lot of money, and they both use it homing pigeon style. Which is exactly how I began. The Koch patriarch associated with John Birch Society, and was in speeches quite anti-semitic, and also got caught up in McCarthyism. "George Soros bad: Koch brothers good" is just simply to simplistic.

Suddenly we are an expert on George Soros, I see....

To paraphrase your own words from just a few short hours ago, "I really don't know much about George Soros"..

lol, You just keep on keepin on there Sombrero. When the whole world is snickering, you can at least take comfort in knowing that I'll take you seriously.Confusednicker:

Suddenly we are an expert on George Soros, I see....

To paraphrase your own words from just a few short hours ago, "I really don't know much about George Soros"..

lol, You just keep on keepin on there Sombrero. When the whole world is snickering, you can at least take comfort in knowing that I'll take you seriously.Confusednicker:

Your post here is nonsensical based on the subject matter you address from my post.

Your post here is nonsensical based on the subject matter you address from my post.

Yeah, to some degree you are right....In my post, there should have been some sort of notation that it was directed back at the total collection of jibber jabberation that you have dazzled us with today, and not confined as a response to a single burst of mental effluvium ....Kudos to your recognition of my failure to properly designate it as such..

:Thumbs:

But let's be honest here, you're not kidding anybody. You knew full well what I meant in my post and the application of which it was directed. But all in all, nice counter on your part. You are certainly one adept adversary.

Yeah, to some degree you are right....In my post, there should have been some sort of notation that it was directed back at the total collection of jibber jabberation that you have dazzled us with today, and not confined as a response to a single burst of mental effluvium ....Kudos to your recognition of my failure to properly designate it as such..

:Thumbs:

But let's be honest here, you're not kidding anybody. You knew full well what I meant in my post and the application of which it was directed. But all in all, nice counter on your part. You are certainly one adept adversary.

It would simply seem to me that suggesting the Koch brothers and George Soros are somehow different in kind is mistaken, at least for the purposes which were here being discussed.

It would simply seem to me that suggesting the Koch brothers and George Soros are somehow different in kind is mistaken, at least for the purposes which were here being discussed.

And if that is your assumption, you are dead wrong.
^^ It's more of a contention than just being mistaken. Soros is evil but because he is a lib and dumps money in the DNC, they defend him just like they do all the criminals in their midst.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ It's more of a contention than just being mistaken. Soros is evil but because he is a lib and dumps money in the DNC, they defend him just like they do all the criminals in their midst.

Two men might spy a lovely lady and have design on same. Both offer flowers, speak romantically, buy new suits. However, one is a bit more controversial than the other because of past relationships and rumored behavior. Yet that fact does not change that both have the same design in giving flowers, favors, and general wooing. And that is all I contended here.
^^^If you don't understand the difference in Koch brothers' goals vs. Soros's goals there isn't anything anyone can do for you.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^If you don't understand the difference in Koch brothers' goals vs. Soros's goals there isn't anything anyone can do for you.

If you don't understand that the goal of giving the money is to get one's worldview a hunky place at the policy making table, and that that is what is being suggested, then, well, you fell short of a reasonable modicum of objectivity.