Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for Supper?
With no ballgames tonight and everyone home, I am going to fix a homecooked meal. While I sit here, pondering over my grocery list.... I am indecisive about the menu. Any suggestions?
There's nothing any better than a big fire going in the fireplace when its cold & snowy outside, a night off from basketball games & concession food, and a delicious dinner on the table for everyone to gather round and enjoy!
Let's hear it BGR... what's your fav homecooked meal?!
IISnakE Wrote:With no ballgames tonight and everyone home, I am going to fix a homecooked meal. While I sit here, pondering over my grocery list.... I am indecisive about the menu. Any suggestions?
There's nothing any better than a big fire going in the fireplace when its cold & snowy outside, a night off from basketball games & concession food, and a delicious dinner on the table for everyone to gather round and enjoy!
Let's hear it BGR... what's your fav homecooked meal?!

At this point in my life it would be anything that someone else would be willing to cook for me. I have been married for 15 years and my wife cooks about once a year.Rolleyes
I am into Italian. Baked spaghetti, lasagna etc. This time of year though a steak on the grill and a big baked potato is wonderful.
I was thinking a baked chicken with mashed potatoes and peas... or pork roast with carrots/potatoes/ pearl onions/gravy... however... homemade spaghetti or lasagna sounds very good too!
I love to have something good cooking whenever my kids walk in from school or practices!
IISnakE Wrote:I was thinking a baked chicken with mashed potatoes and peas... or pork roast with carrots/potatoes/ pearl onions/gravy... however... homemade spaghetti or lasagna sounds very good too!
I love to have something good cooking whenever my kids walk in from school or practices!

Sounds good. Can I come to your house for dinner?:Clap:
Absolutely!!! Although your lasagna suggestion has got me busy sifting thru my cookbook and recipe collection!
I'm a poor college student so I live on Easy Mac, Ramen Noodles, TV Dinners, Water, Hot Chocolate and my usual on cafeteria meal....Chik Fil-A Fries and a Double Cheeseburger from Burger King. So at this point anything my mom cooks is fantastic...but I do have my favorite Whole Baked Chicken with stuffing...mmmmm
I love my mom's fried chicken, fried potatoes and cornbread... I haven't had in a while so it would be great lol...
Last night I made an Italian dish... it had jumbo shell mac, meat sauce, italian sausage, italian pepporoni, cheese sauce, and 3 different types of cheese... it was actually really good
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee1 has gotten me onto a lasagna quest.... so I have found my recipe, made my grocery listing, and am about to head to the grocery! For all those people out there... who are hungry and thinking about their Mom's cooking.... pick up that phone and let her know! She'll fix something wonderful for the very next time she sees you! There's no better compliment for a Mom than when her babies call her up and mention how wonderful her cooking is or how much they miss it!!!
Some of mine is Biscuts, gravy, sausage, bacon. Also, I love steak and baked potato's. There is few more things.
IISnakE Wrote:Midee1 has gotten me onto a lasagna quest.... so I have found my recipe, made my grocery listing, and am about to head to the grocery! For all those people out there... who are hungry and thinking about their Mom's cooking.... pick up that phone and let her know! She'll fix something wonderful for the very next time she sees you! There's no better compliment for a Mom than when her babies call her up and mention how wonderful her cooking is or how much they miss it!!!

Now I really am coming to your house to eat. MMMM Lasagna.
Sounds Good!
This time of year, I gotta go with "Bill Don's Blazin Chili", but any kind of chili will do.
I would love to have Roscoe wings and waffles, "if its been that long it ought to be un lawful".

but im not in Vegas so I had doc's special fettucini alfredo with sauteed shrimp and crab meat.
I had a cup of Ramen Noodles... lol
Fried chicken with biscult and gravey and fried tators on the side sounds good to me
Midee1 Wrote:At this point in my life it would be anything that someone else would be willing to cook for me. I have been married for 15 years and my wife cooks about once a year.Rolleyes

I heard that. I hide my Christmas presents in the oven she will never think to look there. lol
Armchair QB Wrote:I heard that. I hide my Christmas presents in the oven she will never think to look there. lol
FUNNY :thatsfunn
Anything my mom cooks!
baseballfan Wrote:Fried chicken with biscult and gravey and fried tators on the side sounds good to me

Sounds good to me.
Armchair QB Wrote:I heard that. I hide my Christmas presents in the oven she will never think to look there. lol

:lmao: :lmao:
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
This isn't fair...you all are making me hungry...lol...I'm eating Easy Mac right now...it sucks...
Well... that Lasagna was pretty good! The kids came home and finished it off @ lunch today!
I do want to say this.... open faced roast beef sandwiches with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy is a serious crowd fav here too!!! Just takes about 20 minutes prep time! Go to your grocery deli... request about 3lbs of their best roast beef shaved. Warm it and warm (3) jars of Heinze Savory Beef Gracy. Peel, slice, and add potatoes to boiling water. Cook til soft. Drain, add to mixing bowl with (1) stick of butter and 1/2 can Carnation Evap milk. Salt to taste... Then slice your bread, add the roast beef, add the mashed potatoes to the middle with a lake... then gravy it! If your group likes peas, + peas to the side or do a salad! Excellant meal in a hurry!!!
You guys are starving me to death.......

the lasagna(sp) sounds so good.......
with some garlic bread......

But I also like gravy, bicuits, sausge, bacon idea too.

I think I better log off and start supper!
I just sliced a big homemade butterscotch pie. There's nothing better , than maybe a homemade chocolate pie! It's tricky to cook the butter and brownsugar and so forth.... using an iron skillet is the best way to proceed! For Choc... you must use a double boiler! I love making pies... I was stuck on banana rum cakes there for a while! Anyone ever try a Ritz Cracker Cookie? Quite tasty with a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee!
Well lets see hear... Steak, BBQ Ribs, Grilled Chicken, and there is nothing wrong with some Eggs and Bacon and Sausage and Gravy and Biscuts for supper!
Personally I am a fan of turkey. Get me some white breast meat with some mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, stuffing, French dressing, and rolls and we are good to go. I love chicken, fixed almost any way that you can imagine. Steak and baked potatoes. My mom fixes the best pancakes in the world. Chili, oh lord how I looooev chili.