Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if.. The June Buchanan Story
1. What if J.B.S. was a public school? People would bash less because the image of being rich stuck ups which is a "Stereotype."

2. What if Clark Stepp played for another Mountain Team? All the fans wouldn't bash, he is only bashed because his team.

3. What if his family wasn't famous in the area? Then all the old rednecks would quit hating on him.

4. What if JBS won the region or state? Eastern Kentucky people would claim some kind of pay off if they won region or a "fluke", just like Whiteburg or Hazard team led by Jermey Campbell with a 19-12 record I believe? No one bashes these old teams as overrated. If JBS was to win state, you better believe people would still say they're the 5th best team in the region LOL

Here is point for all to consider... I hope you all are adults and come on here and bash youngster HIGH SCHOOL kids is very immature, I mean it's the equavalient of talking smack about Pee-Wee league. Attacking individuals is very crazy and you should have a gun put to your head. These are kids living the dream of playing hoops in Kentucky and regardless if you're from Oak Hill or Piarist you should be able to have the same respect of laying blood,sweat, and tears on the court and not getting bashed for it.

HEY EARL, I'M A 40 YEAR OLD MAN WATCHING TEENAGE BOYS AND MAKING FUN IF THEY MESS UP *CHUCKLE*CHUCKLE* grow up and quit fitting the sterotype of being a dumb hick from the hills and act like a normal thinking human.

Notice: I'm not attacking any individual on the board, I hope not at least.
Good Post. If someone gets on here and talks about how good a Player or Team is and I dont agree with it, Im going to express my opinion about. Whether its good or bad, thats why this forum is here. So I dont see how its immature
I really do not care if they are public or private, rich or poor, good or bad, famous or no names. Any win that a mountain team gets is a plus in my book. Maybe a lot of people get on here and say things about this JBS team because they are either A) jealous or B) tired of reading 100 threads on each JBS player or a combination of both.
JBIRD Wrote:1. What if J.B.S. was a public school? People would bash less because the image of being rich stuck ups which is a "Stereotype."

2. What if Clark Stepp played for another Mountain Team? All the fans wouldn't bash, he is only bashed because his team.

3. What if his family wasn't famous in the area? Then all the old rednecks would quit hating on him.

4. What if JBS won the region or state? Eastern Kentucky people would claim some kind of pay off if they won region or a "fluke", just like Whiteburg or Hazard team led by Jermey Campbell with a 19-12 record I believe? No one bashes these old teams as overrated. If JBS was to win state, you better believe people would still say they're the 5th best team in the region LOL

Here is point for all to consider... I hope you all are adults and come on here and bash youngster HIGH SCHOOL kids is very immature, I mean it's the equavalient of talking smack about Pee-Wee league. Attacking individuals is very crazy and you should have a gun put to your head. These are kids living the dream of playing hoops in Kentucky and regardless if you're from Oak Hill or Piarist you should be able to have the same respect of laying blood,sweat, and tears on the court and not getting bashed for it.

HEY EARL, I'M A 40 YEAR OLD MAN WATCHING TEENAGE BOYS AND MAKING FUN IF THEY MESS UP *CHUCKLE*CHUCKLE* grow up and quit fitting the sterotype of being a dumb hick from the hills and act like a normal thinking human.

Famous????? What are they famous for?
I think that the small schools are looked down on. Hazard, Buckhorn, JBS, Jackson City...the smaller schools are the underdogs and they have to work twice as hard just to keep up with the bigger schools. Being from Hazard I have always supported the smaller schools....I think we smaller schools need to stick together. It's harder for the smaller schools to have a team that can compete with the large schools and when you lose a lot of your players to graduation it takes longer to build your team back up. Hazard is lucky. To be a small school we usually have pretty good ball teams. We may not be the #1 team every year but we make the most of what we have and we play hard and that's what counts. Last year Jackson City had a very good year. They had an awesome season in basketball and they went further than they had ever gone before. I was very happy for them and actually felt bad when Hazard beat them in the regional finals. But to the people of Breathitt Co. they were still heroes. They were 14th Region Runners-up and they were given a hero's welcome when they went back to Jackson. It was their year to shine and I think everyone in eastern KY was proud of them. Now this year may be JBS's year to shine. I think that it is nothing less than incredible that a school the size of JBS has a basketball team with as much talent as they have this year. It doesn't happen often and after they lose the players they have now it may not happen again for many years. JBS has always been considered a school that everyone else can beat...and now suddenly they are beating everyone else. Of course some people aren't going to like being beat by a team that has never been able to beat them before and of course some people are going to be jealous of a small school beating all the "better" schools. Are the JBS fans making a big deal out of it? Of course they are and I don't blame them. They have a good team and they have every right to be proud of their team. You can tell by watching them play that they have worked very hard to get to where they are this year and I don't think anyone should try to take that away from them. Whether you like the Stepps or not look at the broader picture...a tiny school from the mountains of eastern Kentucky has a good basketball team that is beating much bigger schools..for that you have to give them credit. While they are on top...and it won't last forever, what goes up must come down...let them have the limelight. Be happy for them and wish them the best. I certainly didn't like seeing Hazard get beat by them, but I sure have to admire them for being able to do it...I just hope they don't do it again. lol
First off I don't see why people would think your Rich just because you go to JBS, I know a lot of Kids that go to JBS that don't have much money. If Stepp was on another mountain team it would be totally different because his family wouldn't be coaching him. Also I don't think people dislikes the Stepp kid just because he goes to JBS, I think it goes further than that.
I like the part were you said people on here should have a gun stuck to there head. So I take it your a JBS fan, Which I don't have nothing against them, They are a good team. What I get from your post is that if people says something about Stepp it's wrong but you make fun of this Jacobs guy and Mosley from Kcc all the time. I don't understand how you can sit there and say dont bash a player when you do.
K-Mart Wrote:First off I don't see why people would think your Rich just because you go to JBS, I know a lot of Kids that go to JBS that don't have much money. If Stepp was on another mountain team it would be totally different because his family wouldn't be coaching him. Also I don't think people dislikes the Stepp kid just because he goes to JBS, I think it goes further than that.
I like the part were you said people on here should have a gun stuck to there head. So I take it your a JBS fan, Which I don't have nothing against them, They are a good team. What I get from your post is that if people says something about Stepp it's wrong but you make fun of this Jacobs guy and Mosley from Kcc all the time. I don't understand how you can sit there and say dont bash a player when you do.

i think they are refering to the private/independent sterotype that all the kids are rich...such as Pikeville in the 15th everyone condiers them the rich prepy school...even though alot of the kids arent as wealthy as ppl talk...
We won't have to worry about them winning the state I promise you that.
I am the Jacobs kid.... "Double JJ" A.K.A JBIRD... and yes I am talking about the sterotype private schools get.... A stereotype occures when people have an outlook on someone that is false, which is the case in most incidcents. I know you don't have to be rich to go to JBS, it's on a measuring stick system ( Your income determines how much you pay, so all students don't pay the same). And no I'm not a "Stepp", "JBS" or Stepp History Fan. I'm a die hard KCC fan and support the Hicks kid from Hazard because of his brother and I go way back. However, at one time I use to heckle the crap out of JBS because I always said " what little preppy turds who think they're better than everyone" which was false all together.

My only point is, and if you can argue with an argument... Is it right to say crap about high school children? This isn't NBA Kolby sucks... no this is young men and it digust me when I see people revealing names on here and how they suck. If you see something that says "Justin Hick Best Play in the Mountain" don;t say OH MY GOD HE SUCKS, MANARD SLONE IS WAY BETTER... No, just don;t reply or say " I think he is okay, but name here is better....

And one final thought: If people are upset over the Clark media because of the connections, it's not Clark it would be his family... so dont take it out on him.. last time I heard, if your dad commits a crime you dont go to jail.... Also, if you were in the same shoes, would you not try to do everything to allow your kid to suceed in this game of life.

I know I know, everyone assumes because I stick up for this individual kid, I am from JBS and a Stepp fan. Both not so true, I respect Stepp for all he has went through growing up with his Dad on his back... I never attend JBS... I would stick up for any kid on here that is getting bashed... This isn't adults here, and YES YOU ARE on forums to post your opinions and everyone has one.. but to an extent we should put things into context and not go overboard like... " HE SUCKS A DONKEY WANG, BLAH BLAH" no other words can be used to not hurt the feelings of young boys.

- "One more game Dad"
Of course if anybody wins the state then i doubt people will say that there overrated.
JBIRD Wrote:I am the Jacobs kid.... "Double JJ" A.K.A JBIRD... and yes I am talking about the sterotype private schools get.... A stereotype occures when people have an outlook on someone that is false, which is the case in most incidcents. I know you don't have to be rich to go to JBS, it's on a measuring stick system ( Your income determines how much you pay, so all students don't pay the same). And no I'm not a "Stepp", "JBS" or Stepp History Fan. I'm a die hard KCC fan and support the Hicks kid from Hazard because of his brother and I go way back. However, at one time I use to heckle the crap out of JBS because I always said " what little preppy turds who think they're better than everyone" which was false all together.

My only point is, and if you can argue with an argument... Is it right to say crap about high school children? This isn't NBA Kolby sucks... no this is young men and it digust me when I see people revealing names on here and how they suck. If you see something that says "Justin Hick Best Play in the Mountain" don;t say OH MY GOD HE SUCKS, MANARD SLONE IS WAY BETTER... No, just don;t reply or say " I think he is okay, but name here is better....

And one final thought: If people are upset over the Clark media because of the connections, it's not Clark it would be his family... so dont take it out on him.. last time I heard, if your dad commits a crime you dont go to jail.... Also, if you were in the same shoes, would you not try to do everything to allow your kid to suceed in this game of life.

I know I know, everyone assumes because I stick up for this individual kid, I am from JBS and a Stepp fan. Both not so true, I respect Stepp for all he has went through growing up with his Dad on his back... I never attend JBS... I would stick up for any kid on here that is getting bashed... This isn't adults here, and YES YOU ARE on forums to post your opinions and everyone has one.. but to an extent we should put things into context and not go overboard like... " HE SUCKS A DONKEY WANG, BLAH BLAH" no other words can be used to not hurt the feelings of young boys.

- "One more game Dad"
Its jj Jbird!!!!!!!!!!!!1You are the man!
People don't blame the Stepp kid. I've read threw the posts and I have seen post about how his family is treating him. If I had a boy/girl playing basketball I would support him or her but I also wouldnt talk about them 24/7 and claim that their the best player in the State. Basketball is just a game, If I did have a child that played I wouldnt take it that far. I would be happy for them but there is no point of getting upset and mad over a stupid High School GAME. I think there is more important things in life besides a little game. Also the majority of these kids are 17 or 18 years of age. They are young men, Yea it's wrong for people to get on here and say mean things about a certain players as a person. If they say something about that players Basketball game then whats wrong with that? Also your going to go through harder things in life than this message board.
ok look i know the stepp family i have worked with them before and they are good people but they take advantage of the position there in. There is alot of people who would also do this. I also don't think that your have to be rich to go to jbs., the payments for that isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. Another thing is i don't mean to come off a hick but im a person with a strong opinion on matters i know about. I don't get on here and bash stepp. i get angry sometimes and it may come off as that but i don't bash him and never will bash him. But on a lighter not jj i worship you haha
JBIRD Wrote:1. What if J.B.S. was a public school? People would bash less because the image of being rich stuck ups which is a "Stereotype."

Put a gun to someones head? I really don't know what to say. That statement is just unreal.
Like allthewayhome said we have an opinion and we can voice it.
this is by far the stupidest thing i have ever heard,and i have heard some pretty stupid things in my life. like jbs being a state contender. come on. they are not even going to make it out of the region. everyone needs to realize this. i am happy that everyone has their own ideas, and own fantasy. i do think its sad that everyone gets on here and post everything about jbs. things get old, people get old and turn crazy, like most of the jbs fans. its good that you all love them, but i dont post everything about powell county. i dont say powell county is the best in the state, they are going to win everygame they play, their goin to blow everyone out. i say my peace and my opinion. i would love to see all the private schools get put in their own league, then watch them loose every single game they play. their schedual would be alot stronger than the weak one they have had for the last god knows how long. jbs is over rated, the fans are taking everything way too far, it gets old guys, come on. and i am not jealous of them for who ever thinks that, who would want to be jealous of a school that hold their kids back til they are 23 when they graduate, thats nothing to be jealous of. who plays their best player the entire game when they are up by 30+? what if he would have gotten injured, that would be devastating to the jbs faithful. jbs is just over rated, the only reason they are where they are now is because everyone has been drawn into the hype of jbs. its just unreal how much everyone talks about them everyday of their lives. who cares about jbs besides their fans, no one. could you all find some other team to talk about for a while?
allthewayhome Wrote:ok look i know the stepp family i have worked with them before and they are good people but they take advantage of the position there in. There is alot of people who would also do this. I also don't think that your have to be rich to go to jbs., the payments for that isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. Another thing is i don't mean to come off a hick but im a person with a strong opinion on matters i know about. I don't get on here and bash stepp. i get angry sometimes and it may come off as that but i don't bash him and never will bash him. But on a lighter not jj i worship you haha
I know the family also and I can't think of a good thing to say so I won't. I won't say all the family just Jim, Joe, and Earvin JMHO. Gary is the best one
JOBAKKA Wrote:I know the family also and I can't think of a good thing to say so I won't. I won't say all the family just Jim, Joe, and Earvin JMHO. Gary is the best one

well i can say that jim and joe are good people don't know earvin all that well. But i can't say much about gary either.
We are all a bunch of Hillbilly Rednecks because we dont talk about JBS 24/7 according to JBird.
wow, it is really impressive to see how full of themselves Jbs is. To not be the best team in the mountains, and not to prolly make it out of the region, all i can say is wow. I think the Jbs parents and fans make the stereotype of snobby rich people, not the students. I DO NOT have a problem with any JBS student or player, actually my best friend used to date a JBS cheerleader. I think JBIRD here should be somehow reprimanded for sayin someone should have a gun to their head, that is taking it way to far on a website that prides itself for open opinons about high school athletics in the mountains. Once again, I do not have a problem with JBS students, just MOST of their supporters because they breed the loathing and sterotypes toward their school. I am honestly speechless about this thread. Im so glad most other small schools, and even big schools do not have problems like JBS has. I WILL NEVER go to JBS, for the simple reason of the stereotypes created by people that get on here and talk about JBS the way they do. Wow, how does it feel to have prolly the most hated and controversial team in the mountains JBS??? You guys need to fix something.