Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 48 Pikeville 35
Final.
Congrats Valley
Harmon had 12 points and Clevinger had 11 for Pikeville.

For Valley, Hatfield had 15 (13 early in the 1st half before foul trouble), Jacob Bryant had 13, and Elisha Justice kept the Panther guards rattled with his quick hands. He had around 6 steals and probably 11 or 12 deflections to go with numerous assists.
SV did not play very well on the offensive end, Pikeville did play some pretty good defense, but SV missed a bunch of open looks. Pikeville just couldn't score on SV, that was the ball game in a nutshell.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Harmon had 12 points and Clevinger had 11 for Pikeville.

For Valley, Hatfield had 15 (13 early in the 1st half before foul trouble), Jacob Bryant had 13, and Elisha Justice kept the Panther guards rattled with his quick hands. He had around 6 steals and probably 11 or 12 deflections to go with numerous assists.

Don't forget the two points he scored. Sounds like Pikeville's guards did a pretty good job on the defensive end. Not many looks for Valley's gurards out in 3 point land.
Did Pikeville try to slow it down?

I expected SV to win but I really thought the score would be higher.
congrats valley
SSDD Wrote:[/u][/b]

Don't forget the two points he scored. Sounds like Pikeville's guards did a pretty good job on the defensive end. Not many looks for Valley's gurards out in 3 point land.

I didn't forget the two points. He just does so much in a game even without scoring any points at all. Yes, I am a big fan because he controls the game and helps the rest of the team to feel comfortable on the floor.

Also, there were two injuries in this game. Deven Adams went down early in the first quarter with what appeared to be a sprained ankle, and Kyle Goodson for Valley reinjured his shoulder late in the first half. Neither returned to the game.
SSDD Wrote:[/u][/b]

Actually not downing the talent of the Pikeville guards but justice made them look terrible with his handles and his defense..i mean yeah we base the game on points but if he didnt score any he would still be one of the top players on the court just by the way he controls the game both ways and w/o him this valley team wouldnt be the same

Good win Valley
Way to go Wildcats.
Congrats Valley!

Not the kind of game that I expected. I'm not that surprised by the margin though. Pikeville is not a bad team, they just aren't the best between these two.
Larry Legend Wrote:SV did not play very well on the offensive end, Pikeville did play some pretty good defense, but SV missed a bunch of open looks. Pikeville just couldn't score on SV, that was the ball game in a nutshell.

well apparently valley played well on the offensive end and defensive end. cause we won right.!!. Valley's pep section was great tonight. Great job Valley and Great Job Blue Crew!!
Friends4life Wrote:well apparently valley played well on the offensive end and defensive end. cause we won right.!!. Valley's pep section was great tonight. Great job Valley and Great Job Blue Crew!!

A win is a win!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:A win is a win!!

You're a cool person!!
Great win for our Valley tonight! I was excited to see all of our fan support! Thanks guys its really appreciated.
ValleyDweller25 Wrote:Great win for our Valley tonight! I was excited to see all of our fan support! Thanks guys its really appreciated.

I go to valley and guess what!! It rocks my socks!! lol.. But yeah Great job valley..
Congrats Valley.
Sounds like Pikeville played GREAT D or Valley had a REALLY OFF NIGHT!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Sounds like Pikeville played GREAT D or Valley had a REALLY OFF NIGHT!!!

And just where are you getting this from?? was you there??
Friends4life Wrote:And just where are you getting this from?? was you there??

I'm assuming he's thinking the same thing we all are. They are averaging at least 70 points a game and just to see 48 on the board is unusual this season.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Also, there were two injuries in this game. Deven Adams went down early in the first quarter with what appeared to be a sprained ankle, and Kyle Goodson for Valley reinjured his shoulder late in the first half. Neither returned to the game.

Get well soon guys. Here's to a speedy recovery:thumpsup:
When is the Honaker kid supposed to be back?
mrfootball03 Wrote:When is the Honaker kid supposed to be back?

He's been back for a few games. He played tonight, and fouled out.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:He's been back for a few games. He played tonight, and fouled out.

wow.. didn't know that.. how'd he do while he was in?.. i thought he was supposed to be thier best player?
The atmosphere was great but I fell asleep standing up in the first half. Ugly display of Basketball. I'm really disappointed in the Adams kid from Pikeville. He went out crying in the first quarter with a twisted ankle and didn't return to the game. This is a big rivalry game for both teams and you have to play through the pain if you expect to win.
Pretty good game to watch. And I agree with TRAIN85 the atmosphere was awesome. Congrats Valley.
Low scorin game for SV, Pikeville's D must have found a weakness in the SV offense.
mrfootball03 Wrote:wow.. didn't know that.. how'd he do while he was in?.. i thought he was supposed to be thier best player?

He had 7 points. Don't know any other stats, but he was in foul trouble and didn't play in the 2nd quarter.
Pikeville plays good defense, they also take about double the time most teams do to get a shot off, that slows the game down considerably. Therefore there isn't as much time to score. Pikeville plays Northern Kentucky basketball, slow and patient, its a good style to play. It frustrates alot of teams.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I'm really disappointed in the Adams kid from Pikeville. He went out crying in the first quarter with a twisted ankle and didn't return to the game. This is a big rivalry game for both teams and you have to play through the pain if you expect to win.
Disagree with you on this one Train.
It's regular season...why risk making a tweaked ankle worse by "playing through pain" and possibly miss more games down the stretch or even tourney time???