Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know this about the transfer rule?
I have always assumed that the transfer rule meant that you had to sit out a year at the school you transferred to if you didn't have a genuine change of residence. Turns out that is not true. You can just sit out at the school you are coming from for a year and then transfer after than and play. Verified case of this happening this year in another sport. Seems like a total misinterpretation of the rule but I figured if one team is allowed to do it everyone should be. Don't let them tell you any different.
There are several loop holes to the transfer rule that players can play without sitting out. Parents just don't know them.
Thanks for sharing, I had no idea. Makes things a bit easier if we want to leave and cant afford to move.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I have always assumed that the transfer rule meant that you had to sit out a year at the school you transferred to if you didn't have a genuine change of residence. Turns out that is not true. You can just sit out at the school you are coming from for a year and then transfer after than and play. Verified case of this happening this year in another sport. Seems like a total misinterpretation of the rule but I figured if one team is allowed to do it everyone should be. Don't let them tell you any different.

If you play no plays in a varsity sport or do not compete in a varsity event at a school during a year, you do not have to sit at the new school. The player is eligible right away.
Uhhh yeah? Not a loophole. That's called just basic reading of the rule.
If you would read my statement you would see that I was talking about something else. Actually without sitting out or moving. Basic reading of the post.
Please tell me the secret then answerthebell.. there is a child that has played varsity sports since 8th grade. he currently is at a school that doesn't have a descent program in a sport that he excels in or has the potential to play at the next level in, so it was told to that child that he should transfer to get quality competition to help his chances, so what is the loop hole? how in this case, does a child transfer to a school without a legitimate address change get to help his chances move on to their dream of playing at the next level and possibly moving to a better program that will help?
PM
Not only that but there are other ways. For instance, if you can find something that the new school offers academically that your current one doesn't have, you can transfer and not have to set out as well. With this loophole, it is my understanding you don't set out even if you played varsity sport for the school you just left.
AnswertheBell Wrote:If you would read my statement you would see that I was talking about something else. Actually without sitting out or moving. Basic reading of the post.

Wasn't meant for you Wink
I am sorry for the remark.
Season hasn't even started and people are already getting offended. Geez, relax.
The biggest loop hole is spend 500 bucks on an attorney and no judge will keep you sitting. Take it to court and out of the khsaa hands.
There transfer rules are non existent to most judges.
You could always transfer to a school that gets preferred treatment from the KHSAA.
THOMCAT Wrote:You could always transfer to a school that gets preferred treatment from the KHSAA.

Maybe 14th region basketball, or all Private schools in football?
Any transfer is allowed with an address. Not all address are "real" but always seems to work
OnceInABlueMoon Wrote:Any transfer is allowed with an address. Not all address are "real" but always seems to work

Call paintsville tiger couches they got a kid eligible in two days :popcorn:
The rule ghost is referring to changed I think last year. You are eligible 1 year from your last varsity game instead of 1 year from your transfer.
I am not sure that a couch got anyone eligible, but a coach could get someone eligible in two days if there was no issue with the transfer, if you're not breaking any rules then it is a non issue.