Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WV Team looking for a game...
Class "AA" Size School ("AA"=461-871 Students...) is exploring the option of
adding a bluegrass state opponent to the schedule. Would be 2 year contract
is my understanding. Located in south-western West Virginia.
Please email, [email]wwilson247@gmail.com[/email] if you or your team may have serious
interest! The date is August 25th 2017, (Week 1 for us in WV, I think week 2 for you KY guys but not very sure).
Thanks!
I'm bumping this guys, cuz it was made official today:

Mingo Central High School in Mingo County, West Virginia is looking
for a game Friday August 25th 2017. This is week 1 for us, but I believe Week 2
For Kentucky. This would likely be a 2-year contract (home and home) and we
may be willing to travel this coming season based on distance involved.

Our official address is: 1000 King Coal Highway, Delbarton, WV 25670

MCHS is currently (7-0) this season and ranked in the Top 5 of Class "AA" Teams in WV.

If you or your school have interest, please email me: [email]wwilson247@gmail.com[/email]

Thanks!
Have you guys contacted anybody in ky?
Hawks32 Wrote:Have you guys contacted anybody in ky?

Just beginning to reach out to folks today. As of now, we have no in-state teams with a common date available. Looking into southwestern virginia,
the eastern half of kentucky, and southern ohio.
Va. starts a new 2-year cycle next year AND a new alignment, so some sched. tweaks are expected.
How do y'all look for the next 2 years?
You looking for a Pikeville-type or a Phelps-type opponent?
Most two years contracts run their course this year in Kentucky. Should be able to find some one good to play. How large are two A schools in WV?
VHSL-helper Wrote:Va. starts a new 2-year cycle next year AND a new alignment, so some sched. tweaks are expected.
How do y'all look for the next 2 years?
You looking for a Pikeville-type or a Phelps-type opponent?

E's Army Wrote:Most two years contracts run their course this year in Kentucky. Should be able to find some one good to play. How large are two A schools in WV?

Definitely looking for a Pikeville caliber team...someone solid.

2 Year outlook looks good! Will return our QB, #1 WR, several defensive guys. 2018 may be a little shaky but I wouldn't see less than 5 wins.

For this 2016-2020 classification period, 2A's are 461-871 Students.
We currently have somewhere around 690.
Its a shame they are so far away, i think Mayfield is needing a game or 2 around that time.
Mingo Central would need a Pikeville, Paintsville type opponent. They are a much more solid & better program than a PCC, SV, Pburg etc...,
No AA or AAA close by in Eastern Ky is of Mingo Centrals caliber other than Belfry or Corbin. MC is better than most anyone their size in Ky east of I-75.
kids03 Wrote:Mingo Central would need a Pikeville, Paintsville type opponent. They are a much more solid & better program than a PCC, SV, Pburg etc...,
No AA or AAA close by in Eastern Ky is of Mingo Centrals caliber other than Belfry or Corbin. MC is better than most anyone their size in Ky east of I-75.

If no AA or AAA teams other than Belfry or Corbin are of MC's caliber, and they are better than most schools east of I-75, why would they need a Pikeville or Paintsville? Now would be the perfect opportunity to get the Belfry/MC rivalry going.
Redneck Wrote:If no AA or AAA teams other than Belfry or Corbin are of MC's caliber, and they are better than most schools east of I-75, why would they need a Pikeville or Paintsville? Now would be the perfect opportunity to get the Belfry/MC rivalry going.
I wouldn't go that far to put them in Belfrys league but you talk about a potential rivalry. Wow
Belfry would put a running clock on MC. Watched them both play, MC and Paintsville/Pikeville would be a good game. Maybe Raceland or Russell would be a good opponent. Boyd co. 4A school would be a big boost for MC ratings in the state of WV.
There is no reason on planet Earth why Mingo Central and Belfry shouldn't be playing. There are so many reasons why they should, the most important being the amount of fan desire there is for this rivalry.
If the basketball programs can play an annual game at a neutral site like the Williamson Fieldhouse, why can't the two football programs come to an agreement? Can you IMAGINE the gate that both teams would draw for their respective programs?
Fans from both schools really deserve for this game to happen. If Belfry can play Pburg or travel to Knoxville and play, they can play a potentially rivaling opponent 15 miles away.
Same can be said with MC, if you want a true test to prepare for a potential state championship atmosphere game, its time to play Belfry.

Wes, I hope you can get some publicity for this and the ball finally gets rolling.
KingGotNext Wrote:There is no reason on planet Earth why Mingo Central and Belfry shouldn't be playing. There are so many reasons why they should, the most important being the amount of fan desire there is for this rivalry.
If the basketball programs can play an annual game at a neutral site like the Williamson Fieldhouse, why can't the two football programs come to an agreement? Can you IMAGINE the gate that both teams would draw for their respective programs?
Fans from both schools really deserve for this game to happen. If Belfry can play Pburg or travel to Knoxville and play, they can play a potentially rivaling opponent 15 miles away.
Same can be said with MC, if you want a true test to prepare for a potential state championship atmosphere game, its time to play Belfry.

Wes, I hope you can get some publicity for this and the ball finally gets rolling.

I can tell you why this game won't be played plain and simple because MC coach has no class when P-burg came to Matewan before the game started Matewan ran into the the field to warm up they went to P-burg end of the field and started a fight the only thing that would cause is some of our kids to sit out a couple of games for fighting when a coach lets stuff like that go on that's no class but if Kinder retires it could happen but not right now he will have to be gone first and that is the truth oh and Wes can't help with anything over here
KingGotNext Wrote:There is no reason on planet Earth why Mingo Central and Belfry shouldn't be playing. There are so many reasons why they should, the most important being the amount of fan desire there is for this rivalry.

1000% will not happen until one or both changes coaching staffs. Absolute zero chance. No need to bring it up.

I do agree with this. First though, I wanna say I have many friends on both sides of the river and complete respect the Belfry program.
Not many folks know but I'm actually serving as the football boosters club president for MCHS this season, so what I'm about to say is more based upon the business side of things in terms of this game, rather than the action on the field itself/quality of the game.

I truly believe though, REGARDLESS of the outcome of the game, which team would beat which, ETC, the money generated from this single game annually could help out both schools in some big-time ways. Especially considering how much we are suffering due to the economy and loss of jobs in our area of southern WV and eastern KY. To give you guys some perspective, the first year MCHS existed (2011), we had over 60 4x8' signs around the field from businesses..........This season, we were able to get around 25.

No matter where it would be played, both stadiums would be packed, probably set an attendance record really and If it could even be a Saturday night match-up, I'm positive folks would come for miles to see this from many other schools. Even if Belfry beat MCHS 120-0, people would
still come the next year to see the game I'm convinced.

With that said though, both teams have this "attitude" of turning their backs toward one another in terms of playing and I really wish it wasn't that way. I was always informed it was a "Belfry thinks Coach Kinder is classless, MCHS plays dirty, etc" but if that's the issue things should change
in a big way here in the next 2-3 months considering Coach Kinder has officially announced (Back in August) that this is his final season as head coach.

If I had around $20,000 laying around, I'd go to both schools, say here's $10,000 to your football programs if you play this game for 4 years.

Agree with Hurricane though, it may take both coaching staffs completely changing for this thing to even come into discussion.

-Just a side note, we were "supposedly" discussed in being added to the Pike Co. Bowl and playing prior to the Belfry/Huntington game
next year at Belfry.....another great situation to generate money and see huge crowds at the CAM but I've not heard anything on that
in some time.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I can tell you why this game won't be played plain and simple because MC coach has no class when P-burg came to Matewan before the game started Matewan ran into the the field to warm up they went to P-burg end of the field and started a fight the only thing that would cause is some of our kids to sit out a couple of games for fighting when a coach lets stuff like that go on that's no class but if Kinder retires it could happen but not right now he will have to be gone first and that is the truth oh and Wes can't help with anything over here

Kinder is a punk. When I played in the Hatfield/McCoy Bowl in 2003, he was encouraging his boys to injure us KY boys. Michael Fannin (Pburg) was a heck of RB, tore his ACL in that game. Of course they cheap shot and late hit us all night. WE had dang near 200 yards penalties, and we still kicked their @$$. HE wasn't happy.
You act like $10,000 is a lot of money, Belfry spends that much in rings every year. Guess people don't remember the first Belfry / MC basketball game. Belfry fans probably spent that much replacing tires that was cut during the game. Belfry doesn't need the game, plenty of signs hanging around our field and our crowd is always big.
What's the est. bus time to Pikeville and Blfd?
kids03 Wrote:Mingo Central would need a Pikeville, Paintsville type opponent. They are a much more solid & better program than a PCC, SV, Pburg etc...,

No there not look at there schedule West Virginia has 118 football teams in it and half of there schedule is 100 or worse check maxpreps
From MC School 20 minutes to B
proud44pirate Wrote:You act like $10,000 is a lot of money, Belfry spends that much in rings every year. Guess people don't remember the first Belfry / MC basketball game. Belfry fans probably spent that much replacing tires that was cut during the game. Belfry doesn't need the game, plenty of signs hanging around our field and our crowd is always big.

Well, wait a minute now. Let's not get too cocky here.. I'm a Belfry fan as well.. we don't need to act like we are high and mighty and try to belittle another local program. I'm not sure if you have noticed, but minus a couple of the big games a year, our crowd is down from what it used to be. I do agree with what some has said with Coach Yogi Kinder, he has exhibited classless behavior before that's true. And I also remember the incident of the first Mingo Central/Belfry game. But you can't let what a few people decide to do ruin what would be a good local rivalry. I do agree at some point they should play. Heck we pay a team from Cleveland Ohio to come 7 hours who I would almost guarantee is not within a couple td's as good as Mingo Central. It would be a great game for the two schools, and a lot less spent in fuel for buses to travel to Ohio or wherever for much less talented teams -which would save money. Yogi will be gone after this year, and hopefully MC can get a good coach to keep the program alive. Hopefully the two can work something out, an make a great game out of this..
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I can tell you why this game won't be played plain and simple because MC coach has no class when P-burg came to Matewan before the game started Matewan ran into the the field to warm up they went to P-burg end of the field and started a fight the only thing that would cause is some of our kids to sit out a couple of games for fighting when a coach lets stuff like that go on that's no class but if Kinder retires it could happen but not right now he will have to be gone first and that is the truth oh and Wes can't help with anything over here

There are multiple problems with this entire post. Number one being the fact that you're referring to an instance that happened before the consolidation of Mingo Central (at Matewan). Big deal, so what? They got in a little fight before the game, you've never saw that happen before? DeRossett and Kinder playing each other is bound to eventually come to an altercation. With that being said, I think it is highly unfair to suggest that a bunch of kids from Mingo Central would be out to fight instead of play the game. That is silly.

Number two is the fact that you talk about having an eye for "class" when it is obvious that you've called out multiple coaches online like this. This shows you have little to no class yourself. Its easy to assume and call out a coach from the bleachers.

I am not a supporter of either side, Belfry nor Mingo, but I would still gladly pay to watch this game.
Here's my takes:

1. I am one of the last people to call for a High School Coach's head..but Yogi Kinder should not be allowed to coach and mold young teenage athletes with the numerous black marks he has displayed with his character and the serious infractions that have been in his past. I can live with some of his bush league actions on the field... but some of the things he has done off the field should prevent him from being at the HS level.

2. Outside of Kinder I would be the biggest advocate that this rivalry should happen. It checks all the boxes: Geography, Historical, Financial

3. The one issue I did previously have with this rivalry is it would not be competitive and frankly benefit Belfry in terms of advancing their program. Though I still think it would be lopsided on the field, Mingo Central has certainly advanced their program and would at least prove to be a quality opponent. With Belfry having to travel 4+ hours for games, paying teams to come in for a running clock, and generally having to search far and wide for anyone willing to even play them... my tune has significantly changed. To get a team that would be comparable to a 7-12 ranked team in 2A or 3A, with a massive gate, and low travel expenses... that sounds like a winner to me
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's my takes:

1. I am one of the last people to call for a High School Coach's head..but Yogi Kinder should not be allowed to coach and mold young teenage athletes with the numerous black marks he has displayed with his character and the serious infractions that have been in his past. I can live with some of his bush league actions on the field... but some of the things he has done off the field should prevent him from being at the HS level.

2. Outside of Kinder I would be the biggest advocate that this rivalry should happen. It checks all the boxes: Geography, Historical, Financial

3. The one issue I did previously have with this rivalry is it would not be competitive and frankly benefit Belfry in terms of advancing their program. Though I still think it would be lopsided on the field, Mingo Central has certainly advanced their program and would at least prove to be a quality opponent. With Belfry having to travel 4+ hours for games, paying teams to come in for a running clock, and generally having to search far and wide for anyone willing to even play them... my tune has significantly changed. To get a team that would be comparable to a 7-12 ranked team in 2A or 3A, with a massive gate, and low travel expenses... that sounds like a winner to me

You know Coach Haywood it's not going to happen I would love to beat the crap out of them but it's just wishful thinking
I just wish we could get MCMiner247 on our side of the river where he belongs
KingGotNext Wrote:There are multiple problems with this entire post. Number one being the fact that you're referring to an instance that happened before the consolidation of Mingo Central (at Matewan). Big deal, so what? They got in a little fight before the game, you've never saw that happen before? DeRossett and Kinder playing each other is bound to eventually come to an altercation. With that being said, I think it is highly unfair to suggest that a bunch of kids from Mingo Central would be out to fight instead of play the game. That is silly.

Number two is the fact that you talk about having an eye for "class" when it is obvious that you've called out multiple coaches online like this. This shows you have little to no class yourself. Its easy to assume and call out a coach from the bleachers.

I am not a supporter of either side, Belfry nor Mingo, but I would still gladly pay to watch this game.

Well I can tell by reading your post you have no idea what your talking about so there's no need me discuss this but I've been around several Yogi coached teams and unfortunately kids do what there coach tells them to do do I myself would love to play them before my son graduates I would like nothing more than to put a running clock on them
Belfry Football #3
I really want to see belfry play they sound amazing
Johnson central open week 2 week 4
If I'm not mistaken you better grab that week two
From belfry or Johnson central because I heard they were thinking of switching their game two this week