Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in the Mountains/ JBS or South Laurel
I think it's too close to call. What does everyone else think?
South laurel.
South Laurel, but JBS aint that far behind
south laurel but not by much.
Definitely South Laurel.
Well, I think the days of South Laurel dominating are over. It was a nice run, but all good things come to an end.
i dont know how any one can think its close laurel would dominate jbs
How can you say dominate? South beat Madison Central tonight by 5. Hazard beat Madison Central by 4. JBS easily handled Hazard. Why would South dominate JBS?
different nights different play i see hazard come out and play jbs and looked horrible and i also seen a hazard team come out that looked like it could beat jbs on any given night but madison isnt the team here its south i just dont see jbs going to london and winning
I think JBS they are the best and they can kill SL..Are they scheduled to play SL? Any way Milan says no one can be Number 1 until they beat SL..That is unfair...I believe JBS is going to State and win State this year after all Cox has grown from 5'9' to 6'...Good job boys..keep up the good work
nobody Wrote:I think JBS they are the best and they can kill SL..Are they scheduled to play SL? Any way Milan says no one can be Number 1 until they beat SL..That is unfair...I believe JBS is going to State and win State this year after all Cox has grown from 5'9' to 6'...Good job boys..keep up the good work

you are telling me jbs is going to beat scott county and lexington catholic are you on something BUD would rip up cox stepp stepp collions short hall at the same time
I think that south laurel is the better team..Even though i am a JB fan
To be the man, you have to beat the man. South Laurel is the man right now. June Buchanan is good, but SL is the team to beat in eastern Kentucky right now. I would actually like to see the matchup in this game on a neutral court. I think it would be close. It would have been nice to have seen SL in the WYMT this year. Maybe we could have gotten the matchup. Anyway, South Laurel is the best in EKY for now.
South Laurel, easily.
cookie monsters Wrote:How can you say dominate? South beat Madison Central tonight by 5. Hazard beat Madison Central by 4. JBS easily handled Hazard. Why would South dominate JBS?

do you ever get up in the morning, and feel like crap? are all your days just awesome and fun filled? i'm sure that you've had a couple....shall we say off days? if jbs hasnt had them, then trust me, they will, because "what goes up, must come down, hit the floor, and shatter" and they will....
JBS might go down and win the All "A" state but they do not have a chance to win the big dance. As for who is the better team it's South Laurel. You cannot compare and say so and so beat them by this and that and that's why we could beat them. Doesn't work that way. If that's the case we can just go by the stats and give Scott Co. the crown right now. Ty Profitt would handle Stepp with no problem. To strong and physical. You guys are building JBS up to much right now just like they did S.V. Don't get me wrong both teams are solid but you don't want to peak to early.
I think it is other teams fans that start this stuff. Why would it even be brought up.
I think JBS is an up and coming team and are on a hot streak, but i have to go with the proven South Laurel team.
JBS is no way the best in the mountains... Paintsville and Shelby Valley are alot better. More experience. Can't win with one player wanting all the lime light if u don't believe me go watch Johnson Central play. they have a Player that absolutely shots his arm off . Oh well JMO. Would like to see JBS play Paintsville on a neutral floor w/ College refs cause the ones i have seen in the 14th and 15th have no clue.
Very easy answer...SOUTH LAUREL easy..aint a doubt in my mind..why aint shelby valley in this..
JBS squeaked by a Bell County team that had recently lost their best player. Slusher was a beast, with Slusher, Bell would have handled JBS extremely easy. The only reason they beat Bell is because Ryan Whitaker was in foul trouble the whole game. They are a good team but not in South Laurels league.
Larry Legend Wrote:JBS squeaked by a Bell County team that had recently lost their best player. Slusher was a beast, with Slusher, Bell would have handled JBS extremely easy. The only reason they beat Bell is because Ryan Whitaker was in foul trouble the whole game. They are a good team but not in South Laurels league.

it doesn't matter which players bell county lost. they still got beat. as far as the whitaker boy getting in foul trouble, he made some stupid fouls. that is part of it. a smarter player would not have made those fouls. as far as that goes, i felt bell's coach should have had that one kid (black hair kid) guarding stepp the whole game, which would have kept whitaker out of foul trouble. i really felt bell kinda got out coached in a way.
Larry Legend Wrote:JBS squeaked by a Bell County team that had recently lost their best player. Slusher was a beast, with Slusher, Bell would have handled JBS extremely easy. The only reason they beat Bell is because Ryan Whitaker was in foul trouble the whole game. They are a good team but not in South Laurels league.

My point exactly..JBS beat bell without slusher..SV beat bell with slusher..SV is better than ppl think juss cause they didnt win the wymt...they had a bad tournament..I think Sv is way better than JBS but i aint sure bout South laurel
JBS would beat SL by 5. Hazard plays them at MGYM and I think this game will be closer than people think.
South Laurel........
South Laurel

JBS will get their glory if they can win the 14th region all A. If they do they will find like most all A teams do its very, very difficult to pull it off.

Its still early in this season anything can happen, but rest assured dont look for JBS to go to 2 state tourneys it doesnt happen very often and I wouldnt say that this team is University Heights yet.
SL hands down is the best team in the mountains, i'm sorry but there is no comparison between SL and JBS. First of all SL has D1 players in their line up, JBS has good players but none of D1 standards, im sorry but JBS wont be able to match SL's game.
i dont know what to say about SL cause ive never seen them play personally. but supposedly they are good so im just going to say that it will be a good game and hope JBS comes out with the W.
South Laurel
this may be the most RIDICULOUS thread i have ever seen, SL in a BIG WAY.

jbs won the YMT, not the SWEET 16. they are a good team but lets not get carried away here.