Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 56 Johnson Central 44
FINAL

I'll have some stats in a few minutes.
ouch...
Looks like a low scoring game, congrats Paintsville.
Paintsville:

Van Ferguson: 15 pts
Landon Slone: 14 pts
J.D. VanHoose: 14 pts
Blake Bundy: 7 pts
Shane Grimm: 6 pts

Johnson Central:

Jamie McCarty: 17 pts
Ian Welch: 11 pts
Jared Crum: 8 pts
Justin Murray: 4 pts
Joe Whitaker: 2 pts
Robert Smith: 2 pts

Paintsville: 45% shooting, 27 rebs, 13 turnovers
Johnson Central: 36% shooting, 21 rebs, 12 turnovers
Johnson Central shot 3-3 from the FT line in the game.
Paintsville shot 5-7 from the FT line in the game.
Both teams played sloppy. Spike said JC and PHS lived and died by the 3 ball.
What is wrong with Johnson Central this year?...I thought they would be really good since they have one of the top 2 or 3 players in the region and probably one of the top 2 or 3 point guards...When Crum transferred I figured they would be really tough...Does anyone know whats going on over there?
Congrats Paintsville. Looks like a sloppy one.
Fred_Samford Wrote:What is wrong with Johnson Central this year?...I thought they would be really good since they have one of the top 2 or 3 players in the region and probably one of the top 2 or 3 point guards...When Crum transferred I figured they would be really tough...Does anyone know whats going on over there?

That top 2 or 3 player in the region tries to do it all himself.
How many shots did it sound like McCarty took redneck?
Fred_Samford Wrote:What is wrong with Johnson Central this year?...I thought they would be really good since they have one of the top 2 or 3 players in the region and probably one of the top 2 or 3 point guards...When Crum transferred I figured they would be really tough...Does anyone know whats going on over there?

Jesse Meek is no-longer playing and that is the reason they are loosing ball games and maybe when Starns figures that out, things will get back to normal.
But until then Eagle fans be prepared to lose.
There are 4 players on the floor for the eagles that has any talent what so ever
McCarty, Crum, Murray, and Welch. The rest are nice kids but cannot play at the high school level right now. It is very much evident when you watch them play, there just not strong enough nor at the same skill level. Sorry guys and girls but until you prove me wrong thats the story.
BIGBLACK Wrote:How many shots did it sound like McCarty took redneck?

Well, alot, lol. Not sure on how many but I listened to all this game and it seemed like every other shot was taken by McCarty.
Redneck Wrote:That top 2 or 3 player in the region tries to do it all himself.

He's the only player they have that can score.
wetones45 Wrote:Jesse Meek is no-longer playing and that is the reason they are loosing ball games and maybe when Starns figures that out, things will get back to normal.
But until then Eagle fans be prepared to lose.
There are 4 players on the floor for the eagles that has any talent what so ever
McCarty, Crum, Murray, and Welch. The rest are nice kids but cannot play at the high school level right now. It is very much evident when you watch them play, there just not strong enough nor at the same skill level. Sorry guys and girls but until you prove me wrong thats the story.

Jesse Meek wans't all that great himself IMO, he was decent. I wouldn't say that Meek no longer playing is the only reason that Johnson Central is losing ballgames.
wetones45 Wrote:He's the only player they have that can score.

Welch could score if he got the ball more, can't rely on him to just score on offensive rebounds every game. Not only that, Crum can score when he takes the ball to the hole, but rarely does it.
wetones45 Wrote:He's the only player they have that can score.

Ian Welch does a nice job on the block, he gets good position and squared at the hole. If he got the ball a lot more maybe they would have actually had a chance to win. I'd rather take my chances on a shot from 6-8 feet than an off balance junk shot, 50 percent of the time.
McCarty shot the ball atleast 30 times, closer to 35... An he doesnt even know what defense is...
Jc was like 19-51 from the floor, and yes McCarty took atleast half the shots.
Congrats Tigers!
Congrats to the Tigers!

Observations:
First, very sloppy game by JC and Paintsville. Paintsville got their act together in the second to some extent and played pretty good but JC didn't do much better in the second half.

Second, Paintsville could have won by twice as much if they had played the first half like the second half.

Third, JC is much better than they are playing. It is puzzling why they aren't doing better than they are. They had opportunity after opportunity to take in inside but chose not to. When they did go inside they usually got the basket. But they rely way too much on the perimeter shot.

Fourth, McCarty is a great ballplayer. But if he isn't doing what Starnes is telling him (and I'm not saying he isn't) then it is Starnes job to deal with it.

Conclusion: JC could and should be doing much better than they are and Paintsville while playing decent will need to play much better to make it to Rupp.
congrats Paintsville
Redneck Wrote:Welch could score if he got the ball more, can't rely on him to just score on offensive rebounds every game. Not only that, Crum can score when he takes the ball to the hole, but rarely does it.

Okay first of all Jamie took 23 shots (not closer to thirty five)! okay now on the subject of the boys shooting more I agree, but they are simply trying to do as they are told to do IMO. If Coach Starns would have given Crum the go ahead tonight I beleive that he would have drove to the basket more. I don't think that McCarty is a selfish player. I think he is doing what is expected of him on the court and that is to try and produce. Maybe if he had taken 35 shots like someone said, then it could have been a different ball game. But it is not different and they played a good game. Just couldn't keep up the momentum the second half. I was impressed tonight with some of the boys hustle. They just can't all get on the same page on the same night. It seems as though they just take turns letting their egos get in the way!!! Move on boys and concentrate on beating those Cards Friday night. That is a game that you HAVE to have!!!!!!!

BTW ~ Fred's last name was Sanford, but I like it :Clap:

Crum transferring in and bball playing 2nd to football can affect a school. I know JC supports all sports well, but you can tell bball is off.

On another note, the PHS crowd outnumbered JCHS. I was even shocked. :Cheerlead
Great game to watch very sloppy however. Paintsville rebounded and attacked the boards great tonight. They blocked out good and got good position. McCarty just couldn't get anything going. Paintsville played great defense on him all night. Welch did a great job inside. I think he had like 12 rebounds. As for Paintsville, they relied on the 3 a little more than they should've, but it worked out good for them. Can't wait for round 2. Should be a great one.
Did JC's gameplan of slowing the game hurt McCarty's chance of getting hot tonight?
cardsfan Wrote:The Tigers can not play defense good enough to hold the Eagles to less than 60!!! I'm looking foward to this game.McCarty will score as many as he wants and Spud will run wild with one great play after another along with Ian Welch pulling down 15 boards.The Tigers will leave like their counterparts did tonight. "WITH THEIR TAILS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS"!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day.
:thatsfunn
thats funny lol
brokencard Wrote:Okay first of all Jamie took 23 shots (not closer to thirty five)! okay now on the subject of the boys shooting more I agree, but they are simply trying to do as they are told to do IMO. If Coach Starns would have given Crum the go ahead tonight I beleive that he would have drove to the basket more. I don't think that McCarty is a selfish player. I think he is doing what is expected of him on the court and that is to try and produce. Maybe if he had taken 35 shots like someone said, then it could have been a different ball game. But it is not different and they played a good game. Just couldn't keep up the momentum the second half. I was impressed tonight with some of the boys hustle. They just can't all get on the same page on the same night. It seems as though they just take turns letting their egos get in the way!!! Move on boys and concentrate on beating those Cards Friday night. That is a game that you HAVE to have!!!!!!!

23 shots my a$$. he almost shot that many times in the first half.
brokencard Wrote:Okay first of all Jamie took 23 shots (not closer to thirty five)! okay now on the subject of the boys shooting more I agree, but they are simply trying to do as they are told to do IMO. If Coach Starns would have given Crum the go ahead tonight I beleive that he would have drove to the basket more. I don't think that McCarty is a selfish player. I think he is doing what is expected of him on the court and that is to try and produce. Maybe if he had taken 35 shots like someone said, then it could have been a different ball game. But it is not different and they played a good game. Just couldn't keep up the momentum the second half. I was impressed tonight with some of the boys hustle. They just can't all get on the same page on the same night. It seems as though they just take turns letting their egos get in the way!!! Move on boys and concentrate on beating those Cards Friday night. That is a game that you HAVE to have!!!!!!!

I aint the one that said McCarty took 35 shots, I said he took atleast half of them and that was about right IF he indeed only shoot 23 times.
kyr450 Wrote:McCarty shot the ball atleast 30 times, closer to 35... An he doesnt even know what defense is...

Yeah. I agree. And if he didn't shoot it that many times, it at least seemed that way.....