Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 56 Pike Central 46
Both teams were playing without some of their fire power but JC just killed PC with defense. Pretty good game to watch, was close the entire way until about the 4th when JC opened up the lead.
i saw this one coming w/o haley on the floor and coleman...PC will bounce back...congrats to JC they have a great team
First of all Congrats to JC.. I would really like to know if the 15th region has any refs that are worth anything at all. Don't get me wrong they called the game evenly, I am not saying that they caused PC to lose, because Pike Central did a fine job of that theirselves. Johnson Central's press was really really effective tonight, but PC didn't help their own case. I mean nothing against Kayla Lowe, but she should not be bringing the ball up the court. Instead of dribbling, she was trying to throw the ball over JC's defense which was picked off many times. Towards the end of the game when Abby Coleman was helping Harris break the press they looked alot better and could get the ball to Lowe where she is best at, near the basket. AD Slone, this girl really impressed me tonight, she hustles every play and had PC broke the press half the time, AD would have had a nice night in the scoring column because she was working her butt off in the post and getting open just not getting the ball to do anything with it. Kayla Pennington done a nice job stepping up on offense in the absence of Haley Ratliff. I know KP helps out every game but the fact is she was hitting the big shots for PC tonight when they needed them.
And last of all, I am a huge Lady Hawks fan, but I do not want PC fans getting on here and saying that JC would have lost had Haley played because first off it doesn't matter cause the fact is she didn't play and secondly JC was without one of their top players also. JC was simply the better team tonight, they might not be the next time these two teams play, but for the night they were. Also I don't want to hear that the refs screwed PC, while they did make some bad calls against PC or not make calls at times, they also made bad calls against JC and also let PC by with some things that they should not have.
why didnt hayley ratliff play and who was the girl from jc who didnt play and how come she didnt play lol can anyone fulfill my questions
Hawksfan Wrote:First of all Congrats to JC.. I would really like to know if the 15th region has any refs that are worth anything at all. Don't get me wrong they called the game evenly, I am not saying that they caused PC to lose, because Pike Central did a fine job of that theirselves. Johnson Central's press was really really effective tonight, but PC didn't help their own case. I mean nothing against Kayla Lowe, but she should not be bringing the ball up the court. Instead of dribbling, she was trying to throw the ball over JC's defense which was picked off many times. Towards the end of the game when Abby Coleman was helping Harris break the press they looked alot better and could get the ball to Lowe where she is best at, near the basket. AD Slone, this girl really impressed me tonight, she hustles every play and had PC broke the press half the time, AD would have had a nice night in the scoring column because she was working her butt off in the post and getting open just not getting the ball to do anything with it. Kayla Pennington done a nice job stepping up on offense in the absence of Haley Ratliff. I know KP helps out every game but the fact is she was hitting the big shots for PC tonight when they needed them.
And last of all, I am a huge Lady Hawks fan, but I do not want PC fans getting on here and saying that JC would have lost had Haley played because first off it doesn't matter cause the fact is she didn't play and secondly JC was without one of their top players also. JC was simply the better team tonight, they might not be the next time these two teams play, but for the night they were. Also I don't want to hear that the refs screwed PC, while they did make some bad calls against PC or not make calls at times, they also made bad calls against JC and also let PC by with some things that they should not have.

Great post! I too would like to know if there are any consistent refs in the 15th region. You are right the calls tonight went both ways and many were just down right horrible! JC did a good job tonight with breaking PC's press and pretty much shot layups when pressed. I wonder why PC used Lowe to bring the ball up the court also. Why not put someone else bringing it up and just put Lowe in the middle and throw it up and let her go get it? I was impressed with Slone as well, she was in on every play and may have passed too much when she should have shot the ball. On the other side, JC really impressed me with their offense. People know they play defense but they really excuted well and were patient, which resulted in the shooting of many layups.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:why didnt hayley ratliff play and who was the girl from jc who didnt play and how come she didnt play lol can anyone fulfill my questions

I think Ratliff had an injured ankle and BB Salyer from JC didn't play because she tore her acl last week. Also, I think I overheard one of JC's players parents saying their backup center (not sure of her name) and backup point guard were really under the weather. Hope all get well and recover from their injuries and illness.
eaglehoops Wrote:I think Ratliff had an injured ankle and BB Salyer from JC didn't play because she tore her acl last week. Also, I think I overheard one of JC's players parents saying their backup center (not sure of her name) and backup point guard were really under the weather. Hope all get well and recover from their injuries and illness.

was Salyer's tare a partial or a complete tare or have then even done a MRI yet? im sorry to hear that about her best wishes go out to her...
Congrats JC!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good job lady eagles... yes BB salyer did have her mri an it was a tear... she will be out for the rest of the season.. but she will be back for the start of next season
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i saw this one coming w/o haley on the floor and coleman...PC will bounce back...congrats to JC they have a great team

You know what, I am so tried of hearing that PC can't win without Haley. Don't get me wrong, Haley is a great asset and leader to the team, however, I know that this team CAN do it without Haley, and THEY know they can, if everyone would quit putting it in their heads that they don't have a change without her. This is a very young, but experienced team. Although Harris, Thompson, & K. Ratliff are freshmen, they are experienced freshmen with lots of varisty playing time. Soph. Coleman and Pennington are also great assets with lots of experience and with Kayla Lowe and AD Slone this is a great team.

Last night was a bad game for Central. Too many turnovers. So let's just leave it at that. Whether Haley played or not doesn't matter.

PC girls, keep your heads up, don't get discouraged with what people say. You know you can play with or without Haley. By the way, Central had a good win against Grundy, VA without Haley playing. Also check the stats of the last few games. Several players in double figure scoring.

Haley, I hope you get better soon. Also, Haley, I know you cheer your team on whether you are in the game or not!!!
Congrats JC, hope you get better Haley.
fan in the stands Wrote:You know what, I am so tried of hearing that PC can't win without Haley. Don't get me wrong, Haley is a great asset and leader to the team, however, I know that this team CAN do it without Haley, and THEY know they can, if everyone would quit putting it in their heads that they don't have a change without her. This is a very young, but experienced team. Although Harris, Thompson, & K. Ratliff are freshmen, they are experienced freshmen with lots of varisty playing time. Soph. Coleman and Pennington are also great assets with lots of experience and with Kayla Lowe and AD Slone this is a great team.

Last night was a bad game for Central. Too many turnovers. So let's just leave it at that. Whether Haley played or not doesn't matter.

PC girls, keep your heads up, don't get discouraged with what people say. You know you can play with or without Haley. By the way, Central had a good win against Grundy, VA without Haley playing. Also check the stats of the last few games. Several players in double figure scoring.

Haley, I hope you get better soon. Also, Haley, I know you cheer your team on whether you are in the game or not!!!

for one i never said they could not win w/ out haley was just stating it concerned me that they did not have haley...second of all i have never stated that the rest of the team can not play well actually ive stated time and time again that they are a very well rounded team...so how about u settle down and unbunch your panties...

Haley is the floor general on the team...and if u have noticed w/ haley out of the game turnovers go up b/c they are very scared w/ out haley out there but hey its my opinion...

The team is more than capable to win w/ out haley...BUT when u take Haley out of the game and then put Coleman only playing at about 45% chances are they will struggle and guess what they did...

They are a great team and are well rounded and i love to watch them play as well as i am a huge fan...but i call them as i see them...and if u do not like that then oh well doesnt bother me one bit...
eaglehoops Wrote:I think Ratliff had an injured ankle and BB Salyer from JC didn't play because she tore her acl last week. Also, I think I overheard one of JC's players parents saying their backup center (not sure of her name) and backup point guard were really under the weather. Hope all get well and recover from their injuries and illness.

OK thanks for all the info I hope everyone recovers well
Great post Hawksfan. Kayla had so many passes picked off that it was pathetic. They would read every pass. Instead of making safe bounce or short passes, she would pass cross court and through the lane. I thought she should have been taken out well in the 3rd pd and let some other girls that actually wanted to play in. SHe looked to me as if she didn't care out there and overall, the whole game was sloppy.

Congrats to JC and I hope all players that are injured will get back soon.
From what I've heard Salyer will find out in the next couple of days when her surgery is and is out for 9 months after the completion of the procedure. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
How did Salyers injure herself ?
the problem is the coach,not bashing him but he still has alot to learn about coaching.He took over a team loaded with talent and when that talent doesn't preform like it should he is lost. All the man knows is Haley and Kayla Lowe,he has a lot of players on that team and doesn't know how to use them,in close games he will continue to come out on the short end of them,there are some talented coaches in this region,when it's not working you change as in Kayla's point play.
well congrats to JC
Birdlegs Wrote:the problem is the coach,not bashing him but he still has alot to learn about coaching.He took over a team loaded with talent and when that talent doesn't preform like it should he is lost. All the man knows is Haley and Kayla Lowe,he has a lot of players on that team and doesn't know how to use them,in close games he will continue to come out on the short end of them,there are some talented coaches in this region,when it's not working you change as in Kayla's point play.

Who might you consider him putting in? (like when you said "girls he doesn't know how to use"?) We all know Harris, Thompson, K. Ratliff, KP, Coleman... But... who else?
not who to pu in use the guards who are all ready in the game to handle the press,use Kayla as an outlet pass to middle of the floor,and AD to finish,he has ballhandlers just let them do it
this is my opinion ,im not saying they should do this.
OK when Haley is OUT
Have Harris bring the ball down the court,AD or Lowe working the paint the rest i think are perfect were they are at.
PC needs to break the press in different ways, and attack the basket instead of passing back and forth at the top.Coleman,Harris, and Kayla Ratliff can all score if they will just stay together and be strong.These young girls can't show fear and must keep their heads up.they also have to get Hannah back to herself,just don't back down and they will be alright.
PC had a bad game
agree hornet,Coleman,K.Ratliff can shoot as good as anybody on that team,along with Harris,as well as handle the ball just give them a chance coach.
Congrats JC
the JC PC game definetly had some lousy refs the othe night . hope they have somenone better for the lady hawks shootout this sat.
You cannot blame the refs in this one. Yes there were some bad calls but they were on both sides as well. PC just got outplayed and the turnovers is what cost them the game more than anything. I am a huge Hawks fan as well as alumni, but I was sick to my stomach watching some of the girls play. I just hope they get their act together and learn to play without Haley. They can do it only if they put their minds to it and play like a team.
Wtg Jc
Congrats J.C.!!!!!!!!