Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016/17 14th Region
So with the region being done tonight for this season, let's take a look at next season.

Top 10?

Top 10 players?

Cordia is now eligible and will have a new player coming in Trace Young.

Estill County returns their entire team.

Powell County loses a lot

Perry Central loses a lot

Not sure what Hazard has returning.

Buckhorn loses a lot

Letcher Central has quite a bit returning
Wolfe returns everyone
Perry will be tough with Back and Tobler returning.
Backs suppose to be at cordia next year
PCC will be fine
Thought they were seniors ?
To early to know. Have to see who transfers where.
Football1245 Wrote:Backs suppose to be at cordia next year

Whoever told you that clearly lied.
Realistically right now (not counting transfers that night come in) I would rank the top teams next year like this
1.Cordia
2.PCC
3.Hazard
4.Letcher
5.Knott
What will be the top 10 teams in 2016-17
[Image:

]

The Pats going to be loadin up this year. We have EVERYBODY back plus some other regional names. Better hold on to your popcorn this year cause we are back baby!!!!

#bandwagonisfullofpatriotpride More mash taters please!!!
Perry will be in the thick of things. They are coming remember what i said 2 months ago I was told by a very reliable source and maybe a 6'8 Kid from another state also so they may have 3 new players. Do I agree NO but thats from a reliable source.
some regional names will be at Perry next year to already in the process.
The 14th region will be up for grabs again... It'll be any team on any given day.
Breathitt was very young this year, and with only losing one senior, they should be in the mix next year. Cordia will be the favorite in my opinion, but PCC, Knott, and Hazard will have something to say about it as well. Sadly, it all depends on who will benefit the most from transfers.
Cordia is going to be very good.
I knew there was no way KCC would let cordia beat them next year! Not rehiring Rhodes was a big step toward that goal!!
I'd say that won't be many players left by the first of next season. All the schools recurit ,Rhodes just done it better! It's seems like KCC was regional power with a boy coming in from another county, for 4 years in a row! So why can't everybody to it.
Cordia will be better without Rhodes if the kids stay. He is a great recruiter, but not a very good coach.
^ not a relevant statement at all
I think Breathitt County will be in the mix this year and so will Wolfe County as they didn't have any seniors last year -
Wolfe will have a very nice team returning.
Strikeout King Wrote:So with the region being done tonight for this season, let's take a look at next season.

Top 10?

Top 10 players?

Cordia is now eligible and will have a new player coming in Trace Young.

Estill County returns their entire team.

Powell County loses a lot

Perry Central loses a lot

Not sure what Hazard has returning.

Buckhorn loses a lot

Letcher Central has quite a bit returning

This region will be wide open this year. With the downfall of Cordia, all other teams are average at best. However, it should make for some good competitions. I still like the Perry team with Tobler, however, they have to figure out a way to get over the hump. Knott county will have some talent and could make a run for the regional title. I think Hazard will be too young to compete. Letcher and Estill will probably be in the race as well. I think Buckhorn and JBS will have a difficult time this season.
I heard hazard is getting a point guard from the 13th. And they're going to hire his dad as an assistant coachConfusedhh:
Wolf county by far has the best shooter in the 14th, 13th, 15th, and 16th in Deven Stone.
Bulldog nation Wrote:Wolf county by far has the best shooter in the 14th, 13th, 15th, and 16th in Deven Stone.

Wolfe*
Perry with Tobler, Back and the two they recruited from JBS will be hard to handle this upcoming season in the 14th.
If the two bigs get eligible for PCC, the 14th will be boring this year, and they will coast to Rupp. If not, I'd still put them the favorites, but a lot more competitive region.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:If the two bigs get eligible for PCC, the 14th will be boring this year, and they will coast to Rupp. If not, I'd still put them the favorites, but a lot more competitive region.

They were suppose to coast this year.. Did they make it to Rupp? nope watched a team they beatike 3-4 times win when it mattered...
Overall the 14th will be weak again this year. Several teams lost their most experienced and talented players. Come tourney time anything can happen. That's what makes it fun.