Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 69 Clay County 43
Final from the Arena. South Laurel's defense was spectacular. I could be wrong but I believe Clay County only outscored Grubb and Ramey by one point tonight. Grubb was on fire. Congratulations to South Laurel and good luck next week in Rupp. Hats off to Clay County and their seniors on a great season.
Congrats to South. I expected a much closer game.
It was only a 4 point game after 1 quarter and 9 point game at half. In the second half the flood gates opened. Which is similar to what happened in the first two meetings. In all 3 meetings Clay was in it in the first half and South ran away in the second. Eventually Smith fouled out and Clay started shooting 3's in the fourth which caused it to get even worse.
Color me surprised South Dominated this game!!
I can't believe the calls Clay got it was comical. They let south play a lot more physical the first two region games but not tonight they were determined to keep clay in the game. Souths cold shooting in the first half and Taylor's foul trouble and refs of course kept clay in the game. If they let south play this one could have been 40. Congrats to South and coach Davis they have a great squad.
Congrats to the Cardinals, who have proven that they were obviously the best team in the 13th Region.
Congrats to South Laurel, simply they are a better team, had a better game plan, and excuted better than clay. Good luck at rupp.
Congratulations South Laurel on winning the 13th regional Championship tonight. I was being precaution on my prediction because Andrew Griffith injured his leg in the Knox central game. And before I shut up these was the worst :ref2:in the state of Kentucky. There goal was tonight to foul Caleb Taylor player of the year in the 13th. Big player shouldn't be punished for being big....Goodnight and good season Clay County Blake smith,TREY FARMER,WES WOLFE AND WILL SEXTON. :worthy:
Leader Wrote:I can't believe the calls Clay got it was comical. They let south play a lot more physical the first two region games but not tonight they were determined to keep clay in the game. Souths cold shooting in the first half and Taylor's foul trouble and refs of course kept clay in the game. If they let south play this one could have been 40. Congrats to South and coach Davis they have a great squad.
Tell me about it, those refs were a joke.
Leading scorer was Jared Grubb with 27.
Better team won. Tiggers won't be able to blame Farmer next year.
Next up Christian County, eh.
This is sad nobody want to congratulate team anymore. :truestory:
I'll congratulate them and say I was wrong. After Christmas I still had Clay as the top team, just thought the three seniors would get it done. But something seemed a little off with the Tigers the last six weeks or so. When Davis inserted the freshman Ramey into the starting lineup, (who is going to be a GREAT player) South really took off. This may be the best 13th region representative since the Corbin team that had Isaac Wilson/Madison Johnson 7 or 8 years ago.
South Laureal played a great game
I agree with Hagar........when Ramey was inserted into the starting lineup that gave South 5 guys who can produce a lot of points on any given night. I've said it all year Grubb is by far the most underrated player in the 13th region maybe in the state. I know Taylor is a beast and Griffith is athletic but when Grubb plays well South plays well as a team. I hope they go to Rupp and run the table and bring a title back to London. Good Luck!
Congrats to South Laurel and good luck...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats South and a lil Williamsburg too I guess. You guys made 1/5 of the tourney Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats South and a lil Williamsburg too I guess. You guys made 1/5 of the tourney Confusednicker:

:what:
South is the real deal .
Great game by South and a very well deserved congrats. Good luck at Rupp. They have the players to do well, but Christian County will be a tough opponent. Go Cards, represent the 13th well!
Congratulations South Laurel!

13th regional champs. Hope you guys bring home the hardware.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats South and a lil Williamsburg too I guess. You guys made 1/5 of the tourney Confusednicker:

This post makes no sense. Everyone knows Andrew come from Williamsburg. So if Clay won, you would be saying "Congrats Clay and a lil South too"? Or if Knox won, you would say "Congrats Knox and a lil Barbourville"? I could go on and on, but I just don't see the point to your post.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:This post makes no sense. Everyone knows Andrew come from Williamsburg. So if Clay won, you would be saying "Congrats Clay and a lil South too"? Or if Knox won, you would say "Congrats Knox and a lil Barbourville"? I could go on and on, but I just don't see the point to your post.

RunItUpTheGut is not a happy person and his sidekick aka pajamas Doug known as pjdoug disgruntled sport fans. Stuck in Whitley County. Confusednicker: Rumor is Gut moving to Corbin.this summer. :truestory: