Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Magoffin County - 57th Dist. Championship
Magoffin County - 21-7
Johnson Central - 17-12

These teams spilt the regular season series.
JC won 71-66
MC won 75-65

After an eight year absence from the 15th Region tournament, Magoffin County will get to play in the Expo Center for the first time since the 06/07 season. Magoffin County has only played two games in the 15th Region Tournament in the entire scholastic career of the 2016 senior class.

2015/2016 - Senior
2014/2015 - Junior
2013/2014 - Sophomore
2012/2013 - Freshman
2011/2012 - 8th
2010/2011 - 7th
2009/2010 - 6th
2008/2009 - 5th
2007/2008 - 4th
2006/2007 - 3rd (Lost 1st round of 15th Region)
2005/2006 - 2nd
2004/2005 - 1st
2003/2004 - Kindergarten (Lost 1st round of the 15th Region)
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
But.....

TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!!!!!!!!

[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...-Flair.jpg]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
JC fan, but if we don't win, I'm behind MC all the way to RUPP. Have a lot of friends in MC, great people.

To lazy to look up the year, but JC and MC played in the Region finals I believe, may not have been the finals, can't remember, it's been several years, was played at Virgie HS if that tells you anything. Was decided at the end. Called MC for moving inbounding the ball after a timeout. Harry Meek hit one at the buzzer for the win. Harry was one of the best except for the fact he went on to play baseball for UL. My best friend from MC said it was a bogus call, I don't know, he may have been right, I never told him that though.

Sorry for the long post, but good luck.
ekywildcat Wrote:JC fan, but if we don't win, I'm behind MC all the way to RUPP. Have a lot of friends in MC, great people.

To lazy to look up the year, but JC and MC played in the Region finals I believe, may not have been the finals, can't remember, it's been several years, was played at Virgie HS if that tells you anything. Was decided at the end. Called MC for moving inbounding the ball after a timeout. Harry Meek hit one at the buzzer for the win. Harry was one of the best except for the fact he went on to play baseball for UL. My best friend from MC said it was a bogus call, I don't know, he may have been right, I never told him that though.

Sorry for the long post, but good luck.

1984 and the call was legit. I was standing less than 20 feet from the player inbounding the ball. Hard to believe it was 32 years ago.
Thanks for doing the leg work, yeah time flies when you're having fun. Would love to go to the game, but to hard to get a seat at PHS unless you get there early, I'm hoping WYMT2 will broadcast it.
I don't know anything about Magoffin County! But in support of my friends and mountain neighbors...Go Eagles!!!
Going to pick magoffin County for my friend Doc Hardin. :Cheerlead

Magoffin County 70
Johnson Central 64
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know anything about Magoffin County! But in support of my friends and mountain neighbors...Go Eagles!!!

For tonight your user name is "Granny Eagle".
Hmmmm.......I prefer Golden Granny Eagle!

:Thumbs:
When in the world was the last time Magoffin had a better record than Johnson Central?
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
Magoffin has had a great season no matters what happens tomorrow night . Coach Russell seems to have them heading in the right direction .
Picking Magoffin in this one.
Somebody needs to check the Basketball before the game starts tonight.

How can three referee's who were selected for Post-Season assignments miss something like they did last night in the girls game.

I know that nobody is perfect, but that is part of their pre-game duties.
Never seen that before . Boys ball in a girls game
Johnson Central by 6.
This should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.