Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 regional tournament
Predictions on who will be going to the state?
This is just my opinion. I'm not a coach, ref, or basketball expert and don't claim to be. With that being said, 1st choice Knott-almost won it last year and never lost anyone. 2nd choice Breathitt-----3rd choice Powell----4th choice Leslie---5th choice Perry...3rd spot is a huge ? mark, but I'm pretty sure they host the region this year. That is an upset waiting to happen. Don't worry my the Lady Dogs,,, look right on past us.
Knott is probably the favorite but I think Leslie is a close second. If their shooting well it's a long night for someone.
Knott should win the region, they have the most talent. That being said there are 3-4 other teams that could with the right draw upset Knott and win it as well. Should be a very exciting tournament to watch.
Those are good sound choices, but don't forget that Pcc has beaten both knott an breathitt county! I think those choices will hold true, but KCC is the best by far if playing at home , but away from home they have struggled an the loss to Pcc was at a neutral site. I look for an upset or two! If an I say a big if , if Pcc can win there district at Leslie county , then they are my choice, but if not then it's a coin toss between KCC an breathitt! Jenkins is my dark horse an the district is at Jenkins, the refs will get caught up in the moment an they could beat KCC!
hillbilly cat Wrote:Those are good sound choices, but don't forget that Pcc has beaten both knott an breathitt county! I think those choices will hold true, but KCC is the best by far if playing at home , but away from home they have struggled an the loss to Pcc was at a neutral site. I look for an upset or two! If an I say a big if , if Pcc can win there district at Leslie county , then they are my choice, but if not then it's a coin toss between KCC an breathitt! Jenkins is my dark horse an the district is at Jenkins, the refs will get caught up in the moment an they could beat KCC!

I agree. Knott can't win away from home without their officials. All of their loses have been in away games. Taking a letcher and Jenkins 53rd district championship. Pcc and Leslie showed knott they can't win away from home. Final four of region, Jenkins, Breathitt, letcher, and perry.
thegr81 Wrote:Knott should win the region, they have the most talent. That being said there are 3-4 other teams that could with the right draw upset Knott and win it as well. Should be a very exciting tournament to watch.

Knott hasn't won or advanced out of districts yet.
LCC Wrote:I agree. Knott can't win away from home without their officials. All of their loses have been in away games. Taking a letcher and Jenkins 53rd district championship. Pcc and Leslie showed knott they can't win away from home. Final four of region, Jenkins, Breathitt, letcher, and perry.

Lcc , I'm going to explain something to you. Yes Knott does not play well away from home. But , the officials that call their games at home call the same games at Perry or Letcher of Leslie. They don't get to pick their own officials. You act like they can just allow their janitor to referee. It doesn't work that way this day and time.
Paparazzi Wrote:Lcc , I'm going to explain something to you. Yes Knott does not play well away from home. But , the officials that call their games at home call the same games at Perry or Letcher of Leslie. They don't get to pick their own officials. You act like they can just allow their janitor to referee. It doesn't work that way this day and time.

After traveling all over the region watching games why have I only seen one ref at kcc and may I add that has been four games
Everyone better watch out for Leslie. They feel like they should have won it last year so they will play with a chip on their shoulder. Should be very interesting.
Hoping the cavs make it, first year they've got a trip to region in years
Would love to see Creech & her team take it
I'd love to see Jenkins or Powell get it! But all season, it's been a hard battle. No consistency from any team. It's all up for grabs. The most heart will take the drive to NKU.
You r correct!!
Well it ain't going to be my Lady Bulldogs, but it's going to be a rough road for whoever does win it. I like Streetoutlaw's comment on Leslie, but Knott has to be the favorite. I would like to offer congrats to PCC on there win, fun game to watch..
I will tell you what team won't win the 14th region tourney and that is KCC. There is way too much jealousy and a few on the team that is only worried about scoring their points instead of winning as a team. That team will
Never go anywhere. Yes they did win the district championship but that my friends is about as good as it gets.
when is the draw?

Champions:
Knott
Perry
Breathitt
Powell

Runner Up:
Jenkins
Leslie
Wolf
Lee
11:00. Today
Draw is in

Monday 29th

Knott Vs Leslie @6:00
Breathitt Vs Lee @8:00

Tuesday 1st

Powell Vs Wolfe @6:00
Perry Vs Jenkins @8:00
Powell has to be happy with their draw. At home and 3 of the Top 4 teams in the upper bracket. 5 of the 8 teams could win it though all about match ups and who plays better on a given night.
what region will the refs be from.

first round
Jenkins over Perry.
Powell Co. over Wolfe Co.
Breathitt Co. over Lee
Leslie Co. over KCC

Semi finals
Breathitt Co. over Leslie Co.
Jenkins over Powell Co.

Championship
Breathitt Co over Jenkins
perfection Wrote:I will tell you what team won't win the 14th region tourney and that is KCC. There is way too much jealousy and a few on the team that is only worried about scoring their points instead of winning as a team. That team will
Never go anywhere. Yes they did win the district championship but that my friends is about as good as it gets.

Kcc is a joke. The officials allowed kcc to foul all night with hardly any calls against them late in the game. Creech was fouled a lot in the 4th with no calls. I agree kcc will not win the first game. Waug and stamper can shoot but no defense, Sloan and Holliday rebound but can't put anything in 1 inch from the rim, Higgins can't play defense, and kcc has no brench at all. With the bench players parents seemed to not cheer for the starters. Hahahahaha. Such a selfish team that doesn't deserve to win another game
And it seems after watching kcc play the players look in the crowd and not the bench. They play for what their patents tell them to do while they play.
LCC can post, but never correct.
Wishful thinking!
Wow! A lot of intensity on here! Here's my take. PCC will beat Jenkins the first game. Powell didn't get the best draw PCC did. The lady Commodores are the best team in the region at this time period. They refuse to lose. No other team has rolled into Hyden ky and beat the lady eagles other than PCC. They are clearly the best team in the region.
PCC is playing very well. KCC is playing against themselves to see who can out score one another. And it will get them beat Monday night. And I won't be there to watch it. After they tried to give the District to Jenkins I just can't watch anymore of it. Not putting the ball in the hands of your best player and free throw shooter is beyond me and 99% of the other people who was there. And LCC for once I agree with you that KCC is run by the parents, all those egos and only one ball to play with. I feel sorry for the coaches of KCC. But LCC how do you know all the parents of the KCC players? I've watched these girls for years and only know a hand full of their parents. What's your deal did they not stroke your EGO enough or something cause you have very good knowledge of their whole program. On to baseball season in Knott County. PCC over Leslie 69 to 58 for the hardware!!
Thank you and God bless.
LCC is still hating that Letcher is home not playing in the regional tournament. Have to be hard for LCC to have KCC beat letcher all three games. One on a neutral court n at Letcher. So I guess Knott can win away from home. Its going to be a long off season for LCC if KCC was to win the region. Move on LCC from your hate toward KCC.
Every coach in the 14 region has crap to deal with, whether its players or parents. They need to remember any player with a bad attitude can be cut and no ONE player should be above TEAM. Problem solved with players. Its not easy to move a kid nor is it cheap to relocate. Most parents can read, "CLOSED PTRACTICE", DONT LIKE IT--TAKE HER HOME. Problem solved with parents. Only thing that prevents a coach from doing this is not enough guts. I don't think there is a superintendent in the region that would fire a coach over that. We as parents and grandparents have hurt more than we've helped. First question we ask ,,,how many points did you get? SAD!!!!!!!!! Forget winning or losing.