Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David School Refusing To Play Ac In Espn The Mag!
Noticed it on the bottom of the page of the ESPN with Ron Artest on it. David School (Ky) refuses to play confederate flag waving Allen Central. So there you go David..Ya got what you wanted..That being publicity!
David made espn magazine...Sweet lol
hope theyre happy
I don't really think that AC cares if David plays them or not. And it they want to be the rebels, so be it. You don't have to like them, you just have to play them. lol
Omg What Page?
Well this has really been blown out of proportion. David is stirring up alot of trouble throughout the region and state.
lol, wow I just seen it on page 39 at the bottom!
david is trouble lol thats what the school was founded on
blackcat_student Wrote:Well this has really been blown out of proportion. David is stirring up alot of trouble throughout the region and state.

Not only the region and state, but the country as well.
Marlboro Man69 Wrote:david is trouble lol thats what the school was founded on
True.
I believe they are now going to be playing.
That is what i heard..I hope Central beats them by 100!
I can't believe that this situation got this much attention.
Yepp they are now playing Jan. 19th. at AC.
I can@! Sad but True!
yeah the david school had a vote to play the game requested from the coach everyone had no problem with the rebel flag and wanted to play the game and ned reports all of this to the papers that they don't want to play ...david has released their statementm to the associated press stating that the coach ned phillersdhfuds had no power to state decision for the school and the game will be played......Just because you can read the newspaper doesn't mean that its the whole story
I think this is incredibly sad about the David School and coach Ned Pillersdorf -- especially after Allen Central let them use their home floor to play some home games last season because the David School doesn't have their own gym. How do you repay a school's generosity with trouble? If they sincerely had a problem with the waving of the rebel flag, then take it to the school administration first and foremost, and give a good explanation. Don't just let them find out in the local newspaper, and call all the local news stations. I want to ask whatever happened to nobility and men of valor. The coach of the David School sure doesn't seem to have it. I think he got what he was after -- publicity. Except this time it sounds as if it has backfired against him. I am glad to hear about the statement released by the David School -- that, at least, gives the school a little more credibility in this situation -- in which the school really needs after so much bad news coming out of there the last few years, with the exception of the Country Boys video which led many to help the students of that school.
This is a joke and David should be shut down
I hope Johnny Martin dosent call off the dogs an beats them 200pts. Pillars-dork is a real :moon: .
Marlboro Man69 Wrote:david is trouble lol thats what the school was founded on
I agree with ya marlboro man....have you a marlboro light....its on me for that correct statement...:flame:
This situation definitely got out of control. It has been in all the newspapers and now in a national magazine like ESPN!!! AC has always had the Rebel flag as their symbol. Let them play and go Johnny Martin!!!!!
That is awsome!
Cool that there in ESPN.
I mean, the way I look at it..Didn't AC have a rebel flag last year, and the year before that. Why was it not a problem then? Guess Glory Road really took Pillersdorf by storm! Lay it to them Allen Central! And if you don't Coach Martin, then you will be the one looking soft and classless, and I could care less what anyone wants to quote or say to that, so don't waste your time!
Pillersdorf is the devils advocate anyways. He's a publicity whore, and the only publicity he should get is being the only coach who CHICKENED out of a beatdown by AC. It wasnt about race, or slavery, or some flag waving, or some mascot (yeah Ned, they have rights too, and if anybody knows that, YOU SHOULD), it was more about not wanting to get beat by 80 points.......again. Hopefully he'll be in ESPN magazine again soon for being the first coach to lose 300 games in a row. But hell, if he quit before playing the game, im sure he'll quit on those kids before it gets to that point. He should be ashamed of himself for playing the race card. Hey coach, when you looked at the schedule, did you forget their mascot was a rebel? Or did you just not see those flags in the gym all last year when they graciously let you use it for home games? Absolutely sickening.
I noticed on another website dedicated to AC one person asked these 2 questions.

1. Why did McGuire wait until the end of his term as school board member to bring up the mascot/flag at AC. Did it take him that long to realize it was there?

2. Why did Ned wait almost one year to accuse AC fans of taunting a player? Did McGuire's statement suddenly bring back supressed memories of that game?

Hold your head high AC- GO REBELS.
That whole situation is so stupid but i don't think anyone from the david team gives a hoot if they lose or not they're use to it so i don't think that they tried to cancel the game because they want to escape a beating or else they would cancel their whole schedual......Phillersdork is an "ambulance chaser" who wants every case he can get his hands on that might get him publicity or money and for mickey mcguire seems to me he just wanted to raise hell right before he quit
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't the Head Baseball Coach for Allen Central coach David's basketball team last year when the supposed incident took place of all the Confederate flag waving at an opposing player?

I'm positive that he was the coach...not Pillersdorf.
I have talked to the guy that coached AC Baseball/David basketball last year many, many times...he has never mentioned that anyone was upset after the game last year.

I would have to agree that Ned thrives on the spotlight...for various reasons.
Along with Mr. McGuire...both are attorneys...it seems they are trying to drum up some free advertising.

What a difference in head basketball coaches from one year to the next...the guy that was there last year is a very outspoken Christian...and Ned...from what I understand...is 180 degrees the other direction :devilflam...and is very outspoken about it.

If i had a kid that HAD TO GO to the David School...I for sure would not let him play basketball for Mr. Pillersdorf.
Ned Pillersdorf was the coach for David last year. The person you are referring to is ACHS Baseball Coach Ken Johnson. However, Coach Johnson was employed at The David School last year.
At any rate...I think that Ken Johnson was helping in some capacity with the basketball team at David last year.

I my opinion, if they do play the game this year...the ACHS players, students and fans will be first class toward the David players...it's anyone's guess how they will react toward Mr. Pillersforf...

This who situation has made the people at AC very upset.
I honestly feel like that more than the majority of the people that make up the ACHS community feel like that the Confederate flag is just something that has evolved with the history of the school...it's something that is unique and identifiable with the school.

I have been somewhat associated with the school for around 15+ years...I can honestly say that I have never seen any indication that the people that are involved with the school are racist or feel like the flag represents white supremacy in any way.

Most of the kids and a lot of the adults around that community probably do not know for sure what the flag means to those that are offended by it...just because they don't dwell on trying to offend people with it.

They whole situation draws attention to eastern Kentucky in a negative way...only solidifying what outsiders already think about us.