Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 64 Pike Central 57
Final from PC.
Good win for the Pirates!
Maybe the biggest win for Mark Thompson so far in his 3 years at Belfry. I sincerely hope these kids ride this momentum and continue playing hard! Much needed W.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Maybe the biggest win for Mark Thompson so far in his 3 years at Belfry. I sincerely hope these kids ride this momentum and continue playing hard! Much needed W.

Not trying to be cynical, but if beating Pike Central is the biggest win in 3 years, then Belfry is a lot further down then I thought.
We've only won 14 games in the 2 prior seasons. It's really not about Pike Central... It's about US finally playing well, digging deep, and finishing off a big game. We've struggled with it. Opponents are faceless lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:We've only won 14 games in the 2 prior seasons. It's really not about Pike Central... It's about US finally playing well, digging deep, and finishing off a big game. We've struggled with it. Opponents are faceless lol

Great attitude. I hope the pirates get things turned around. They represent the mountains with class in football.
Remember that we've not been the kind to schedule a Riverside Christian or Piarist in these last few years of being "down" ... We've played June Buchanan, Henry Clay, Perry Central, Knott, Logan WV, Tug Valley WV twice a year... Little to no easy games for us especially the last 2 seasons. Belfry needed to go get that big district win to show that we aren't going to just roll over and die in clutch situations. Our kids needed that. We are better than our record shows, and we finally got a WIN to prove it - not a moral victory. We don't do those here. If you go back and look, we've lost a lot of close games since the 13-14 season... That's why it's a big win.
Good win Belfry. Wish I had went to that one over Pikeville/Valley. I had PC picked as a sleeper team in the Regional though. So congratulating Belfry but have to ask for details. Belfry really pick it up that much?
This sort of shocks me. It is getting close to tournament time though. Anybody on a given night!!!!