Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankie Smith & eastern Ky
Looks like former Sheldon Clark coach, Frankie Smith, has Christian Co. playing really well so far this season. They are currently 17-2 and undefeated to Kentucky teams.

Is he happy in western Ky or would he like to eventually get a really good job back in eastern Ky or western WV? East Ridge's, Randy McCoy, had a similar situation. Would he entertain a Paintsville opening for example?

Interested to here peoples take on it.

Congrats again on a good start with Christian Co.
Smith is a good coach , if he is smart stay where he is at .
He turned down some really good jobs in East Ky before going to Christian Co. so I'd say he knew what he was doing.
basketball101 Wrote:Smith is a good coach , if he is smart stay where he is at .

I agree.
Rumors are starting to fly already...Some schools in eastern ky are going to try to get him to come back that way.
Frankie is an excellent coach but he is aslo used to being fairly compensated for it. I can name you two schools he would be at now if that could have happened. But with said, public schools hands are tied on coaches pay to a degree unless the higher ups are willing to bend the rules. So I don't see him returning.
McLovin Wrote:Frankie is an excellent coach but he is aslo used to being fairly compensated for it. I can name you two schools he would be at now if that could have happened. But with said, public schools hands are tied on coaches pay to a degree unless the higher ups are willing to bend the rules. So I don't see him returning.

Who would those school's be?
Shelby Valley and Pike Central. He was the front runner in both the last time they were open and in the end he turned both down.