Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Mike Runyon & Paintsville
Bill Mike Runyon has done a great job over the years at Paintsville especially in the 90's.

Is he on his second fairwell tour this month and hanging it up at the end of the season OR is he in it for the long haul?

I know he got some very good, young players to transfer from JC this past summer.

When you have been on top in the 90's and then lose and can't get out of the district, then that has to get old to BMR.

Interested to see peoples opinion on this.
I am also interested to see what BMR does going forward. It is never easy to lose when you have had so much success in the past. Realistically paintsville is down 3 potential starters that he was counting on. Those being Kash Daniel who is obviously enrolled at UK now as well as Matt Miller and Kent Phelps who are both coming off of injuries and not playing basketball this year to focus on baseball season. That has caused this years team to be extremely young with no depth. Paintsville will improve over the next year but how fair can they really progress with JC being consistently at the top and Magoffin County on the rise. I don't think BMR will retire this year. When you watch a paintsville game he still has the fire on the sidelines and is still as competitive as ever.
Bill Mike will retire when he is ready. He has alot of good years left
Mister D,

I agree with what you said. Trying to get back on top is going to be hard for him unless he stays a few more years and starts getting a couple of good players to transfer in. This year and next year should be JC and Magoffin representing the 57th which means he doesn't get to regional tournament for at least 3 more years. I guess upsets happen though. Interesting to see what he does at the end of this year.