Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 68- Whitley County 58
Final from Bobby Keith Gym. Not really a lot to say. Whitley controlled the tempo and hung around till mid point of the third quarter. Clay pulled out to double figure lead. The score is kind of deceptive. It's close but not really in doubt.i will say that Whitley could be dangerous in a "one and done" scenario. If they can play their style they could pull a post season upset.
Feel like that's an accurate observation. It was kind of like Clay County was in control of the game even when they were only up 5-7. I believe the lead was extended to 11-13 at one point before Whitley made a run and cut it to 5. At times, Clay County played some of the best team ball they have. It started with Trey Farmer, who was obviously in good spirits. He was all smiles and finding the right man. We forget how good of a passer he can be. Blake Smith was quietly having one of his best offensive games of the year. May have been 3-3 from 3 at one point. Despite anything else, the Tigers needed this win. I'll add that Whitley County is better than some people give them credit for. They scored a lot by simply moving the ball. There's some shooters on that team as well.
Congrats Tiggers
Did Smith decide to come back to the team or not? Can't imagine trying to coach somewhere where the inmates run the asylum.
^?