Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central to be 3A
In Belfry district.
What schools are making Floyd Central?
Allen Central and South Floyd.
Not good news for them
Not good.

But, in this state..no matter the class, you are either the Hammer or the nail. Every district, or at least every region (outside of maybe a handful that have parody) have a several nails and one or two hammers.

That's why I always laugh when people talk about 6A and the Big 3. Other classes aren't far off in terms of parody or lack of...you just better hope you are in the opposite semi state of your own Big 3-6 for the sake of at least getting to the finals.
I agree on that. This has been talked about for years now, this consolidation I mean. They should be competitive on the gridiron after a few years and give teams like Lawrence County, Russell, and Pike Co Central (basically the solid teams that arent name belfry in 3A east), in district competition or should they meet in the playoffs.

Allen Central is usually pretty solid upfront, with some big ol boys and has always had good numbers, but always seem to lack the atheletes. South Floyd is usually just the opposite. Good atheletes but get whipped upfront. Imo, with the right coaching staff, Floyd Central could turn into a really good program. Any news on who may be coaching and when everything is supposed to be completed?
The school is supposed to open for the 2017-2018 school year.
Hope this can push SCHS into 2a
I dont think that will happen since scheduling is happening now for 2017 and 2018. The earliest that could happen would now be 2019 provided the enrollment is in the 2a range. I think Morgan Co. And Magoffin Co. Were the smallest 3a team last time.
I don't expect two football programs that have been really bad for a long, long time will become competitive by combining. If the numbers are still dropping, they probably won't have that many more students than either school had 20 years ago.
Where can we find that info, or did they inform the school? Will the KHSAA realign in the next few weeks?
It came out of Board of Control Mtg this week.
This may push Boyle county or lex catch back up to 4a which is a bummer imho. I don't think Floyd central will be a perennial power but they'll have a pretty good team when a talented class comes through.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This may push Boyle county or lex catch back up to 4a which is a bummer imho. I don't think Floyd central will be a perennial power but they'll have a pretty good team when a talented class comes through.

It shouldn't bump anyone up.

Both of these schools left smaller classes. If anything, it will bump down one or two 3A teams down to 2A.
Fair enough. Hadn't thought of that.
It will be difficult for them to compete in 3A.
As with any schools consolidating their will be a learning curve for a few years. Give them about 3 years then they will be competitive. It takes some time for them to gel and get o er not being at the schools they once was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree on that. This has been talked about for years now, this consolidation I mean. They should be competitive on the gridiron after a few years and give teams like Lawrence County, Russell, and Pike Co Central (basically the solid teams that arent name belfry in 3A east), in district competition or should they meet in the playoffs.

Allen Central is usually pretty solid upfront, with some big ol boys and has always had good numbers, but always seem to lack the atheletes. South Floyd is usually just the opposite. Good atheletes but get whipped upfront. Imo, with the right coaching staff, Floyd Central could turn into a really good program. Any news on who may be coaching and when everything is supposed to be completed?
The longer Derossett stays at P-Burg.....the more it will benefit Floyd Central.
footballfanuk Wrote:I dont think that will happen since scheduling is happening now for 2017 and 2018. The earliest that could happen would now be 2019 provided the enrollment is in the 2a range. I think Morgan Co. And Magoffin Co. Were the smallest 3a team last time.

Agree. It should have no effect on 1A or 2A until the 2019 realignment.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Agree. It should have no effect on 1A or 2A until the 2019 realignment.

footballfanuk Wrote:I dont think that will happen since scheduling is happening now for 2017 and 2018. The earliest that could happen would now be 2019 provided the enrollment is in the 2a range. I think Morgan Co. And Magoffin Co. Were the smallest 3a team last time.

Actually, I would guess Bath County and West Carter were the 2 smallest since they petitioned to play up in 3A from 2A. When the next realignment comes around, they might not choose to stay in 3A or be given the option.
thecoacher Wrote:Actually, I would guess Bath County and West Carter were the 2 smallest since they petitioned to play up in 3A from 2A. When the next realignment comes around, they might not choose to stay in 3A or be given the option.

Assuming enrollment stays steady....big assumption I know.... 2019 would change like this unless potitions to do something different happened.

South Floyd leaving Class 1a would open up a spot for the smallest 2a school which was Fort Knox. Allen Central leaving 2a could open a spot for the smallest 3a school which was Magoffin Co. According to the 4 year averages used bu the Khsaa last time around. Of course it is all fluid.
South Floyd isn't that old of a school. I mean not more them a little over 20 years is it.
Batpuff Wrote:South Floyd isn't that old of a school. I mean not more them a little over 20 years is it.

1993 is when they started playing football according to the KHSAA.. not sure if it was open before they fielded a team or not....
What will be the enrollment of the new school?
Last averages showed about 235 at AC and about 150 at SF......385 total boys...if it is about 50/50 mix then 770ish..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1993 is when they started playing football according to the KHSAA.. not sure if it was open before they fielded a team or not....

93 was the first year for the new school. Wheelwright played its last season in 92. McDowell never played football to my knowledge.