Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2015/2016
Coming off a 6-16 season last year (worst in school history) and Piarist the only team with a worse record in the region. So far starting 0-2 with a blowout by Letcher Central. Does anyone see them winning more than 5 games this season? They have Piarist twice, Phelps twice and Jenkins once. What is it going to take to make changes in Pburg :HitWall:
I want to see the program get back on its feet so bad but man, I just don't see it right now..They have to make kids want to play b-ball and right now they just don't..I know they have more talent to draw on it they can do it..There has always been so much focus on football that its never been that good for basketball..Not saying that's the cause by any means but it certainly dosnt help..
So far as expected. Only wins against Phelps and Puarist. They thought by adding Tolsia WV, who finished last season 1-22, they could get an easy win and they still got beat. There want 15 people in the gym. I'll ask the question again, what's it going to take for the community to force changes to be made?
UpYours Wrote:So far as expected. Only wins against Phelps and Puarist. They thought by adding Tolsia WV, who finished last season 1-22, they could get an easy win and they still got beat. There want 15 people in the gym. I'll ask the question again, what's it going to take for the community to force changes to be made?

Never happen as long as Butcher is there.
Just support the team guys .
next game at the Expo center. Team TBA..been a rough season, even a bit rougher than I expected..Kids just need to keep their heads up..Hopefully it gets better from here.
Prestonsburg cares about basketball?
Yea, some of us actually do:Thumbs::biggrin:
I would love to see Prestonsburg programs flourish in multiple sports.
basketball101 Wrote:Just support the team guys .

I think everyone (myself, parents, students, community, etc...) does except those that should (Administration, Coaches). WHICH IS THE PROBLEM!!!
I cannot believe they have let P'burg basketball get this bad. I lived in P'burg for five years and watched this all start. I knew it would get bad but not this bad.
I love parents , just support your coach and team . Instead all you do is down the coach and team . Just try to be positive I know the coach and players are working hard .
basketball101 Wrote:I love parents , just support your coach and team . Instead all you do is down the coach and team . Just try to be positive I know the coach and players are working hard .

doesn't sound like anyone is downing the Players. Just Coach and Admin, that comes with the job. It's clear that Derossett doesnt care about basketball. P'burg needs someone who is going to care about basketball and not football.
UK#24 Wrote:doesn't sound like anyone is downing the Players. Just Coach and Admin, that comes with the job. It's clear that Derossett doesnt care about basketball. P'burg needs someone who is going to care about basketball and not football.

No change coming unless it is Shawn Hager.
UK#24 Wrote:doesn't sound like anyone is downing the Players. Just Coach and Admin, that comes with the job. It's clear that Derossett doesnt care about basketball. P'burg needs someone who is going to care about basketball and not football.

Had a guy for the 1st semester that would have been a great face for Pburg Basketball. Butcher knew that though and rode him until he left. Its not James and John, its Butcher.
I try to be careful with my wording on this topic. Its easy for ones intense feelings to be taken as non-support of the team and that is most definitely NOT the point I want to make..Its hard to say anything without it coming across as pissing & moaning..That said its downright disheartening...The kids are giving their best but they are not receiving it in kind and I don't mean by people on forums like this one. The basketball program(and other sports as well) deserve better. Those kids deserve the funding, the infrastructure and mentorship for the work and sacrifice that they give to their team..Keep your heads up guys its bound to get better...
Big win over district rivals Allen Central. Where are all the haters now!!
PHS Coach Wrote:Big win over district rivals Allen Central. Where are all the haters now!!

:biglmao: So u think everything is ok now becuase they beat a bad Allen Central team. P'burg needs a change and i dont care if they beat UK thats not going to change my mind.
UpYours Wrote:Coming off a 6-16 season last year (worst in school history) and Piarist the only team with a worse record in the region. So far starting 0-2 with a blowout by Letcher Central. Does anyone see them winning more than 5 games this season? They have Piarist twice, Phelps twice and Jenkins once. What is it going to take to make changes in Pburg :HitWall:

I am not from that area and only follow watch Pike Co teams and the occasional good regional games when they occur but even I know what the problem is at PBurg. Do people down there really not get it?
Are you FREAKIN kidding me. Prestonsburg has added Piarist for a 3rd time, I repeat a 3rd time, just so they don't have a worse record than last year. Is it just me or is he the most pethetic excuse for a coach in the state of Kentucky. Don't get me wrong, Prestonsburg has never been a power house but this is pitiful.
Just support you coach and team .
Whats considered a worse record 6-16 or 7-22? Yeah you have one more win but the winning percentage went from 27% to 24%.
Different year, same story for Prestonsburg Basketball. And it'll be the same story in the offseason.
Other the Frasure they have no help. That definitely showed in their district tournament loss.
Help is on the way, Adams Middle School won the county tournament!! Oh wait most of those kids are not going to Prestonsburg High School LOL
Everybody has bad years , work hard get ready for next season .
basketball101 Wrote:Everybody has bad years , work hard get ready for next season .

:biglmao:
Seems like That's a yearly thing for Prestonsburg.
Last year was not Prestonburg's worst record. In 2010, Prestonburg's record was 6-22. In 2011, it was 7-21. I dunno if those were the worst years either.
Basketball Man Wrote:Last year was not Prestonburg's worst record. In 2010, Prestonburg's record was 6-22. In 2011, it was 7-21. I dunno if those were the worst years either.

I stand corrected 2010 is the worst record in schools history, however I didn't see Piarist and Riverside Christian on the 2010 and 2011 schedule. But hey, if you are satisfied getting your brains beat in :HitWall:, keep on supporting. :biglmao:
UpYours Wrote:I stand corrected 2010 is the worst record in schools history, however I didn't see Piarist and Riverside Christian on the 2010 and 2011 schedule. But hey, if you are satisfied getting your brains beat in :HitWall:, keep on supporting. :biglmao:

Not a supporter. Just clearing that up.