Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67, East Ridge 41
Final, Shelby Valley is still the only undeafeated team in the state.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
29-23 at the half with Valley on top

East Ridge 34 turnovers

ER 7 shot attempts in the 4th.

Community Trust game of the game was Jacob Bryant with 19 points, game high scorer
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Congrats Valley...
Valley proved to be too much for the Warriors in the 4th quarter. ER looked very tired and I think 3 or 4 inbound passes in a row were stolen at one point. Pressure defense from Valley killed East Ridge all night long. Great game Valley, Jacob Bryant had a pheonominal game tonight, good luck ER on the rest of the season, and Valley, lets continue to be the only undefeated team in the state, you guys are making our community very proud!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Final, Shelby Valley is still the only undeafeated team in the state.
lol Sumone read the Lexington Herald today
The score of this game was much closer than the final indicates. I thought both teams played extremely hard, and East Ridge had much less problem with the zone press than I had anticipated. The fourth quarter was all Valley, though. Don't know if it was Valley's depth that got to ER or just carelessness on the passes by ER. Either way, this was a great basketball atmosphere. One of the bigger crowds I have seen out this year. The Blue Crew was excellent as always. Glad to see that this team has brought the fans at Valley to life again. They are fun to watch.

Individually, Jacob Bryant for SV and Anthony Coleman for ER had huge games.
Does anyone think SV will have trouble with fouls down the stretch or during tourney time? When I watch them play I see a lot of instances where some refs might make the call for reaching in. They slap at the ball so much during the game it's hard to tell if they hit the ball or the arm and I can see how that would be somewhat of an easy call by a ref, especially when games get tighter and more competitive during district and regional tournaments. I would say that it doesn't matter because they're so deep with talent on the bench. I guess I can see how they could and couldn't get into foul trouble when it comes down to it. Also, anyone know what the technical fouls were called for? Thanks.
The first one was because a player checked in during a foul, then another player checked in his spot before any time went off the clock. The second one was for the wrong name and number or something in the official score book.
ER was on until the 4th, then after several steals and great ball movement it was all Valley. Kyle Goodson added some excitement with some great defense and passing.
Another Win for SV....Now u know sooner or later its gotta end, Just when tho?
Congratulations Valley!

I thought both teams played excellent ball tonight, but in the fourth quarter the Wildcats pulled out their lead and received another W. I have to agree, Kyle Goodson is one of the most fun players to watch....he keeps the game exciting. I commend Jacob Bryant on his GREAT game as well. I thought whenever the bench went in that Lucas Simpkins really stepped up and played some ball. I also thought that Jonah Justice done a very good job. Once again, congratulations to the Cats.... keep it up. Can't wait to see you in the WYMT tournament!!!!
Good Job Valley!!!!
This game was a lot closer at the beginning than I thought it would be... but then again.. any East Ridge /Valley game will be closer than talent or records may show.. or anyone could accuaratley predict for that matter. Valley was able to pull out the W by a more comfortable margin in the 4th, after a few turnovers gave them some solid momentum for the first time of the night. Goodson played a big role in gaining the momentum, and is a very exciting player to watch. Jacob Bryant and Jonah Justice both had great games. Valley could nto seem to make a 3-ball, and seemed to have trouble making any field goal in the first half. East Ridge's size was something that really hurt Valley tonight, but Valley's depth made up for it.
And did anyone else think the calls seemed one sided tonight... not saying they were bad calls, just that I believe at one point Valley had 6 fouls and ER only 1. I tihnk it was a very sloppy game at times that the wildcats can and must learn from.
Congrats Valley.
Congrats to SV. No big surprise here.
Congrats Valley.
Congrats SV....Next game might be a little harder tho
I love my cats I just kinda wish they would lose one sooner or later before it catches up with them come tourny time.
I agree Kyle is an amazing player. I talked to Kyle tonight. His brother was good to back in the days of dorton middle school.
Congrats Valley
Shelby Valley is looking good entering the WYMT classic. I hope they win it!!!
Congrats to Valley,Jacob Bryant played a really good game and so did the rest of Shelby Valley..ER was hanging in there in the first half but SV just turned it up in the 2nd half outplaying East Ridge,Both teams did really well..Way to go Valley
Congrats to valley! doing what you do best!
figured it would be a blow out
A great defense is what Valley has over most teams in this region. Even on a bad shooting night they D will carry them. They create a lot of easy baskets because of their D. I think they will be tested night in and out at the WYMT. Good luck and represent the 15th well.
congrats to Valley......holding on to that undefeated season
Any JV or Freshies play in this game?
yea valley had tyler newsome,colton damron,cody varney,and tanner tackett....they all play freshman ball and jv..they are four very good player's tho...besides the 3 freshmen that start varsity,they are the only freshmen that dress varsity
fusion Wrote:And did anyone else think the calls seemed one sided tonight...

Yeah, the little fat ref that they call "Bubby" seemed pretty one sided...
The king..do u really think the refs would have made a diffrence?
The King Wrote:Yeah, the little fat ref that they call "Bubby" seemed pretty one sided...

Do u really think this would have made a diffrence in the turn out of this game