Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 34 Russellville 25
Final.
Great game Rville.
Congrats to Beechwood.
I heard Beechwood had trouble with Russellvilles speed early but adjusted and got the W.
Beechwood makes good adjustments.
I think most people were expecting a larger spread than 9 points.. Same with last week vs Louisville Holy Cross.. Not sure what to think.. Is Beechwood a little over-hyped or are the 2 recent opponents a little under-hyped? I know a lot of folks were pointing at the FSimpson and Murray games as a comparison where Russellville got beat up pretty good and felt the Beechies were a better team than either of those. Is their reason for concern going into the title game, because I'd think Pikeville is considerably better than HCross and at least a couple of touchdowns better than Russellville..
Stringer being out has really slowed Beechwood down. Defending Fiegler, Slusher and everyone else is much easier than defending Stringer, Fiegler, Slusher and everyone else.
Is Stringer going to be back for the next game or is he done for the season?
I would say that some of the Beechwood faithful are overconfident. I say this based upon what I hear with my own ears. I just watched the NCC vs Beechwood game. I could not believe what I heard from the Beechies announcers. After the last 6 years, I was blown away to hear it. First they discussed our lack of strength of schedule and then said Mayfield is not as good as the Tigers. I almost fell out of my seat. These statements were uttered more than once. So, yes there is some overconfidence.
You are right 55, they are extremely overconfident.