Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GJ Smith Showcase
This Saturday at South Laurel.
12:00- Powell co vs East Jessamine
1:30- Harlan Co v Montgomery Co.
3:00 - North Laurel vs Graves Co.
4:30 - Perry Co Central vs Madison Central.
6:00 - Whitley County Vs LCA
7:30 South Laurel vs Henry Clay
9:00 - Clay Co vs Southwestern

Thoughts?
Very good day of basketball. Nice mix of teams and regions.
Does anyone have scores or info from the games today?
South laurel game was around 67 to 51 south winning. The clay game through 3 quarters was 66 49 southwestern,both had jv in for final quarter.
I didn't make it in time to catch the North Laurel game but over heard someone say Bryson Asher got injured pretty bad, can anyone confirm this?
bballfan20 Wrote:I didn't make it in time to catch the North Laurel game but over heard someone say Bryson Asher got injured pretty bad, can anyone confirm this?

Was told he sprained his ankle and will miss a week or two.
North looked really good first half. Asher went down looked to me like high ankle sprain very early In game. Might have been early in first q I think
South looked good at times. The young south kids looked really good. I think they will have a bench after all.
Who was the blonde sub for south tonight I think his #25 Kid looks ready for more playing time on varsity. :worthy:
25 is grubb
Blonde woukd be #30 jj Ramey. About 6 3 freshman or Logan madden #15 soph about 5 11 thin
Both played well.
ky playmaker Wrote:Blonde woukd be #30 jj Ramey. About 6 3 freshman or Logan madden #15 soph about 5 11 thin

I think it was #15 then. :popcorn:
Clay pulled smith and farmer 2 minutes into 3rd quarter, clay won the first half, i thought South,Clay and Harlan County all looked good when there starters was on the floor
Ill take Clays 5 starters over souths, but ill take souths bench by a landslide.
Yea clay didn't come out sharp 2nd half for some reason and Sw pounced on them pretty hard. Clay took smith and farmer out after got down 16-2. Never put them back in. Coukd been plan either way idk
Wish I had watched those games instead of wasting my Saturday in Lexington. Would have even cheaper and much more entertaining.
Walterwhite I always look forward to this day. Coach davis and others have made the GJ Smith a great event gets great match ups every year
ky playmaker Wrote:North looked really good first half. Asher went down looked to me like high ankle sprain very early In game. Might have been early in first q I think
How did Graves look against North?
loven_war Wrote:How did Graves look against North?

Graves County looked like they just got off the bus in the first half and then in the second half graves looked good. Nice big man inside for Graves County :popcorn:
Graves guard play was bad first half. Very bad. 2nd half they seemed to settle down some
Thanks
I watched them scrimmage Henderson and the guards played bad then also. Graves big man is a handful.
How did Whitley do against LCA?
I cant remember the score but lca won. lca is pretty good thoiugh
The 13th region teams were very impressive. SL looked really good against Henry Clay. Clay was good for the most part, and Harlan Co. was very impressive. As far as players go, obviously, Smith from Clay, Carmichael from Harlan Co., Taylor and Griffith from SL, Broughton from North, were all impressive. I was also very impressed with the young kids from SL (the future is bright there). It's gonna be a great year for basketball in the 13th region. I think this is the strongest the region has been in several years.