Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK to a bowl?
So, there's talk of UK going to a bowl game even if they're only 5-7, apparently College football is so bad, and there are so many bowl games, that there isn't enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. So therefore, they will have to pick up some of the 5 win teams. ESPN projects UK to go to the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL. It's played at the Cramton Bowl which is a stadium for a small college, and some High schools use it as well. Seating capacity was 25,000 but after renovations, it only seats 21,000 now according to their page. Is it a good thing to go to a bowl with 5 wins, or is this just nuts Confusednicker: It's just hard for me to imagine an SEC team playing in this bowl, but i guess it's an extra game..
No 5 win team should ever be allowed to play a bowl game...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
8 wins and a winning conference record should be the minimum to earn a berth in a bowl game. Way too many bowls right now, about half of them should be dropped. A team with 5 wins earning a bowl berth is ridiculous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Agree, I don't even care about the 6-6 teams going. Let everybody go to a 13-game schedule, (because money will never allow it to go back to 11), and don't let anyone less than 7-6 in. That's still too many, but at least you will have teams with above .500 records.

As for UK going, I know the extra month of practice would help, and if we are 6-6 and coming off a win over Louisville then I will have some interest. But if we get in at 5-7.........hard to get excited at all.
Who the hell would watch a 5-7 UK team play Tulane or somebody in Louisiana or something?

This is absurd. There is already to many bowl games, but you've got these greedy ass people and programs that will get every dollar they can. Fans should boycott bad bowl games.

You should have to win at least 8 games to get a bad one.

Hell, UK could go 0-12, turn the lights on at Commonwealth, bring in Cumberland and have a bowl game in December. This is no different.
The only bowls that UK should play in is the cereal bowl!

I won't be watching.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who the hell would watch a 5-7 UK team play Tulane or somebody in Louisiana or something?

This is absurd. There is already to many bowl games, but you've got these greedy ass people and programs that will get every dollar they can. Fans should boycott bad bowl games.

You should have to win at least 8 games to get a bad one.

Hell, UK could go 0-12, turn the lights on at Commonwealth, bring in Cumberland and have a bowl game in December. This is no different.
UK would probably lose to Tulane and Cumberland Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:So, there's talk of UK going to a bowl game even if they're only 5-7, apparently College football is so bad, and there are so many bowl games, that there isn't enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. So therefore, they will have to pick up some of the 5 win teams. ESPN projects UK to go to the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL. It's played at the Cramton Bowl which is a stadium for a small college, and some High schools use it as well. Seating capacity was 25,000 but after renovations, it only seats 21,000 now according to their page. Is it a good thing to go to a bowl with 5 wins, or is this just nuts Confusednicker: It's just hard for me to imagine an SEC team playing in this bowl, but i guess it's an extra game..

:dontthink

NO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Anybody snatching tickets for this one?
UK football has went back to being an oxymoron.
Demarcus ware Wrote:So, there's talk of UK going to a bowl game even if they're only 5-7, apparently College football is so bad, and there are so many bowl games, that there isn't enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. So therefore, they will have to pick up some of the 5 win teams. ESPN projects UK to go to the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL. It's played at the Cramton Bowl which is a stadium for a small college, and some High schools use it as well. Seating capacity was 25,000 but after renovations, it only seats 21,000 now according to their page. Is it a good thing to go to a bowl with 5 wins, or is this just nuts Confusednicker: It's just hard for me to imagine an SEC team playing in this bowl, but i guess it's an extra game..
The only thing good about it is that it gives the team 15 more practices and everybody knows UK sure needs more of that.
Probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of? A team that basically lost their last 6 games against real college teams in extremely embarrassing fashion and end the season 5-7 could get a bowl bid??
Looks like from what I am hearing that KY will not be going to a bowl? The bowl committee has decided to weigh in academics to the selection process and Ky doesn't make the grade there either? Not surprising!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Looks like from what I am hearing that KY will not be going to a bowl? The bowl committee has decided to weigh in academics to the selection process and Ky doesn't make the grade there either? Not surprising!

Just curious as to why that isn't surprising.

By the way, I agree that any 5 win team going to a bowl game is ridiculous.
Well there are 6, 5-win teams going bowling this year. This is what happens when they go for the cash grab and keep creating bowl games.
alfus21 Wrote:Just curious as to why that isn't surprising.

By the way, I agree that any 5 win team going to a bowl game is ridiculous.
Lol, considering how mentally weak we are on the field it just doesn't surprise me at all that we would as a group be a bit weak in the classroom as well.....
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Lol, considering how mentally weak we are on the field it just doesn't surprise me at all that we would as a group be a bit weak in the classroom as well.....

Not sure what is comical, I was just asking why you thought that. I personally don't see a relation between the two but to each his own I suppose.